Warning: ad site redirect

When we did away with the ad free this was not changed from guest only. My mistake gave you an extra week without it.

I'm on an iPhone4 usingTapatalk free version. For the first time ever, I'm encountering what I believe is an ad site redirect. Im on the AJ Hadsell thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277308

When I hit the quick reply icon at the bottom of the page, or click on URLs other WSers have posted (e.g. MSM links) my phone quickly switches screens (before I can stop it) to this:

226cdd64b594872d3bb5dd5793f66c6c.jpg

I am able to double tap my home key, close this window, and re-access WS via Tapatalk, and continue on as before.

I'll ETA/update if I notice any other patterns. I'm running iOS 7.1.2 and this happens regardless of whether I'm on wifi or 3G ( :blushing: ) Yep, it's a dinosaur!
:tyou: in advance for your help Dave!
:seeya:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the screenie, makes things so much easier.

This thread at apple has some conversation that may be of help. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546575

Hi Dave,
:gthanks: for the link! I'm trying to take notice of where I am when this happens (3G vs home wifi vs public wifi) to see if there are any discernible patterns).

I wanted to update you on something new:
When I access the AJ Hadsell thread (and only this thread) as linked in my previous post, the Ad Site Redirect occurs (to the same app / same screenshot).

It just happened. I happened to be on wifi at home.

So, based in your link I'm going to reset my router.

I'll let you know if it happens again / or not any other patterns.

:seeya: (and TIA) :)

thanks for all you do for us, Dave!

I got the redirect to a *orn site from my work computer.... how embarrassing! Glad that one is fixed.

It's me again. I reset my router but to no avail.
On AJ Hadsell thread and as site redirect occurred while I was searching the thread
da0d38ff75a4807d9e08c188a4ebfcaa.jpg

I got totally stuck and had to close the app and re-access it.

A few minutes later I clicked on the Destiny Butler thread
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270452
from the home page and what happened originally occurred again but a different ad:
5687ae31f7b5547e8a6fcbc92f46ccd1.jpg

I'm not iDevice savvy, but will clearing the cache on my iPhone help? The reviews on the latest tapatalk update are scary. If I delete and reinstall this app it could make things worse
:facepalm:

Sorry, Dave.
I don't remember how to do the screen shot thing.

This was what I was redirected to just now.
http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=b682b905

It starts off saying the page I wasn't was taken off line because it broke the rules.
Too funny, but better than the naked ladies that show up.

Myfilestore I do not need a screenshot.

This one is again fixed temporarily. We are getting closer to a permanent fix for this one.

I'm using a mobile and when I click on the links on Websleeuths Facebook I'm being redirected to my filestore. I'm using an android phone with a opera browser.
You probably don't need the link as its the same as above but here you go anyway.

http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=b682b905

I used to get directed there even through Google search a year or two back when I was on a v bulletin forum for a uni subject.

ETA: Specifically it's the post about Tim Lee Copley posted 3 hours ago its happened on this morning. Also my posts are taking forever to load this week and often I just give up in frustration.
Thanks for your help.

I followed a link via a Google hit for Michael Eric Hager (driver of the vehicle Grateful Doe was in), and was forwarded to Adult Friend Finder. :scared:

The link worked properly a second time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?104439-The-Driver-Michael-Eric-Hager

BBM - The same thing happened to me. I clicked on a link to a WS thread in Google (see screen shot showing the linked title that redirected me to adultfriendfinder) and it took me straight to a page showing a full page view of a female naked from below the waist up!!. :mad: (see screen shot showing the link that I was redirected to)

Ou6mN6f.jpg

15goxoi.jpg

Struggling to stay on WS with my Android tablet for the past few days, due to ad redirect. It can't even take me to the ad though, Lol - just off WS, with no way back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-26-12-31-23-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-26-12-31-23-1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 85
Can you give me a date and approx. time you got this?
BBM - The same thing happened to me. I clicked on a link to a WS thread in Google (see screen shot showing the linked title that redirected me to adultfriendfinder) and it took me straight to a page showing a full page view of a female naked from below the waist up!!. :mad: (see screen shot showing the link that I was redirected to)

Struggling to stay on WS with my Android tablet for the past few days, due to ad redirect. It can't even take me to the ad though, Lol - just off WS, with no way back.

They have now been blocked from advertising

I didn't take note of the date but it would have been approx. within the last 2 weeks?. At the time I was redirected to the adultfriendfinder page I immediately entered the link into and added my own filter.

I just checked the elements for it in and got the full link that I was redirected to. (Screen shot below)

b4utlt.jpg

This issue was solved when it happened.

This one may come back and sometimes does, usually it is solved within minutes. If you do see it again please notify me ASAP.

I didn't take note of the date but it would have been approx. within the last 2 weeks?. At the time I was redirected to the adultfriendfinder page I immediately entered the link into and added my own filter.

I just checked the elements for it in and got the full link that I was redirected to. (Screen shot below)

b4utlt.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back