FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he actually living out of state? I thought they said he had moved from the Central Fla area--which might include anywhere else in the state.

As I recall, he was on some form of psych-related meds prior to the Martin shooting. And in some of his earliest court appearances he seemed nearly catatonic (I remember his attorneys trying to get out of him having to state that he understood the ramifications of his plea--and nearly propping him up to respond to the judge's questions when she insisted that he do so.

All of which to say--sometimes if one has an established relationship with a prescribing psych, as he appears to, better to stick with them than to make a change unless absolutely necessary.

Yes--he is out of state.

I believe his attorney has said he moved away from Central Florida area.

This is what GZ said during his last encounter with MA in 2014...not this incident now in 2015:
Apperson called 911 again two days later to report that Zimmerman was waiting outside his workplace. Police responded and interviewed Zimmerman, who told officers he was visiting a doctor’s office in the Waymont Court plaza.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...r-road-rage-incident-police-article-1.1937738
This was when he had his dental assistant girlfriend working there.

Possibly what's happening is that GZ is back with his ex-girlfriend who accused him of DV and that he was visiting a doctor's office not that he had an actual medical appointment but instead to see her. However, even if that's the case given how he knows MA works right there apparently practically right next door to where she is and he's had two prior run-ins with MA in that specific area where MA works, he'd instead meet his on-again-off-again GF elsewhere besides at her work right by where he's bound to run into MA where he's already had problems twice for that. To me GZ being back with his ex would be an explanation that would put his actions in the best legal light, though that would be a rather long-distance relationship and still not be the best judgment on his part even if his actions were fully legal.

This is from first MA/GZ encounter in 2014 where it sounds like this incident. The first MA/GZ encounter also involved a U-turn on Lake Mary Blvd where MA says that GZ followed him and got next to him:
Apperson told a 911 dispatcher Tuesday morning that he was driving his Honda Accord on Lake Mary Boulevard, made a U-turn and headed west-bound when a Honda Ridgeline truck pulled alongside and someone inside rolled down his window.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...immerman-road-rage-threat-20140912-story.html
Now with this incident in 2015 it is basically reversed where GZ is saying he got into a U-turn and that MA followed him and got next to him.

I am really puzzled as to why GZ is nationally news worthy. He is just not that special. Has he done anything good with his life since his acquittal?

This is what GZ said during his last encounter with MA in 2014...not this incident now in 2015:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...r-road-rage-incident-police-article-1.1937738
This was when he had his dental assistant girlfriend working there.

Possibly what's happening is that GZ is back with his ex-girlfriend who accused him of DV and that he was visiting a doctor's office not that he had an actual medical appointment but instead to see her. However, even if that's the case given how he knows MA works right there apparently practically right next door to where she is and he's had two prior run-ins with MA in that specific area where MA works, he'd instead meet his on-again-off-again GF elsewhere besides at her work right by where he's bound to run into MA where he's already had problems twice for that. To me GZ being back with his ex would be an explanation that would put his actions in the best legal light, though that would be a rather long-distance relationship and still not be the best judgment on his part even if his actions were fully legal.

GZ has a right to be in any public area he wants to be.

I believe his attorney has said he moved away from Central Florida area.

I have posted repeatedly that he has moved out of state. Verified both by his brother and his attorney:

Mario Boone ‏@MLBooneWFTV 18h18 hours ago Alafaya, FL

The other big news out of #GeorgeZimmerman shooting incident is that Don West says Zimmerman has moved out of Florida. #WFTV

This MA looks and from the neighbor(s) sounds like he's nuts. My opinion so far is that MA stalked GZ. If he had managed to kill or seriously injure GZ, what would have happened, would he have been given a ticket? SMH, Scary stuff, and the MSM bias against GZ has helped to fuel the fire.

I am really puzzled as to why GZ is nationally news worthy. He is just not that special. Has he done anything good with his life since his acquittal?

Because of Zimmerman Derangement Syndrome.

I'll never understand the reverence for and admiration of GZ that I have witnessed here. He is properly considered to be a victim in this incident because he was shot at and injured. But none of us know the details and motive(s). All we know is past behavior. If no one witnessed the incident, no one can back up either party. That does not mean that either one of them is telling the truth. The truck is damaged and MA is responsible for that. The rest? We may find out, and we may not. JMO

"Zimmerman, who no longer lives in Central Florida, was in town for Mother's Day and on his way to a doctor's appointment when Apperson began following him, West said. He said Apperson followed Zimmerman and at one point stuck his head out of his car and yelled, West said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/11/george-zimmerman-shooting/27125587/

reporters asks: but he still lives in Florida

Don West: "nope, not even in Florida"

http://m.wesh.com/news/attorney-geo...gn=wesh&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Can we please put this to rest now?

I'll never understand the reverence for and admiration of GZ that I have witnessed here. He is properly considered to be a victim in this incident because he was shot at and injured. But none of us know the details and motive(s). All we know is past behavior. If no one witnessed the incident, no one can back up either party. That does not mean that either one of them is telling the truth. The truck is damaged and MA is responsible for that. The rest? We may find out, and we may not. JMO

I've never seen any reverence OR overwhelming admiration of GZ here, but I didn't follow the TM case here.

If I had never heard of GZ, like MA, I would deduce that MA was in the wrong by firing a gun at someone and nearly killing them. I don't give an ats rass if anyone was waving guns, (and how do we know they BOTH weren't waving guns at each other, or if anyone was?) it takes time to roll up a window, even an electric window, for the bullet to hit the top of said window. Therefore, it would give time for the shooter to think before reacting which, IMO, is not self defense. This does not make me biased or in favor of anyone. Like I posted before, would some posters here stand behind G Zimmerman for shooting someone through a window? I certainly would not. IMO, I think they BOTH are 'off' and both should be seeing a counselor.

I know it's hard, but one needs to look at an individual case objectively without bias. Hopefully, no one posts 'but past behavior blah blah blah'. This shooting has nothing to do with GZ's girlfriend, ex or even T Martin. With past behavior thinking, it would mean no one who has been in jail should ever be hired for any job because of past behavior. I'm sorry, but I don't think that's right.

This MA looks and from the neighbor(s) sounds like he's nuts. My opinion so far is that MA stalked GZ. If he had managed to kill or seriously injure GZ, what would have happened, would he have been given a ticket? SMH, Scary stuff, and the MSM bias against GZ has helped to fuel the fire.

I gotta say, while I think that GZ is a pathological liar with an attention complex, anger management problems and a few other pathologies thrown in, I am almost believing his word over Apperson's here. Apparently--based on the info from the earlier "stalking" accusation, Zimmerman had a legit reason for being where Apperson was--and had the same reason yesterday.

None of this really makes much sense.

Is Zimmerman a folk hero or something? Or just a lightening rod for bizarre attention? I just don't understand why he gets attention. At all. I wish he would do something noteworthy in a positive way as he garners all this attention. Does anyone know if he does any charity work? And what does he actually do for a living? TIA

Well, if everyone would leave him alone and quit making it headline news every time he so much as farts, there wouldn't be any attention given him. Has anyone here made front page news when they received a traffic ticket? There are thousands of DV problems out in the real world but none make headline news unless there's a death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member