EVIDENCE - Pro and Con #2

Good stuff, PTF. Amazing the receipt was even around after a couple of months, but maybe that outdoor one didnt get brought to the curb often.

I hope the receipt shows a purchase which will incriminate. In the Sierra LaMar case, her suspected killer, Antolin Garcia-Torres was found to have purchased bleach and a turkey baster (ugh, I know...). Sierra's case is also a no body case, as I am sure many on WS are aware and I believe these receipts are very important. What incriminating items could have been purchased at bi-lo? I keep thinking large trash bags, deodorizers, cleaning supplies as the obvious. What else?

Duct tape?

You can't convince me that an Horry County family didn't already have duct tape.

Completely off topic - I was lurking BW's facebook page and she has a pic up of a tattoo she got of a turtle with a clock face as the turtle's body. The time on the clock is 1:44...I double checked the timeline and yup, that's when BW and HE last spoke. How hauntingly beautiful.

Going over some of the evidence, it is clear that S made the first phone call to H just after she came back from her date on Dec. 18th. LE said that he first gave police misinformation on Dec. 20th regarding the call to H from the pay phone, and also his whereabouts during the early morning hours of Dec. 18th. Both T and S were charged with indecent exposure that occurred twice during the early morning hours of the 18th. Now, who in their right minds would even do that twice, especially married people.
As for the phone calls that started with H calling S first to the pay phone then his cell phone. The second call to his cell was answered and there was almost a 5 minute converstation. Then H attempts to call S cell phone a few other times all in the time frame that the black Ford pickup is caught on surveillance going to and from PTL . Her phone goes dead all in that time frame. IMO, SM or TM was the driver of that pickup and no one else. I do believe that H was already dead or injured as she was placed into that truck. I also wonder if they could have used chloroform to subdue her and then torture and murder her later.

Oh it was definitely SM and/or TM going to PTL and back...but the question has been what happened in those few minutes and where did they take her. I've thought about chloroform, too. TM is a drama queen, I could see her wanting to go all teen horror movie prom queen revenge on HE. For some reason, that's the vibe I get from TM, I can't explain it. Just this bitter uncool-in-high-school girl who never got over her insecurities. She can't handle not having the attention, she couldn't handle that HE was beautiful. IDK, she's a special sort of deranged.

Does this sound like anyone that we know. I like the last 2 paragraphs. narcissism.jpg

she's definitely a narcissist. you can tell just reading her past disboard posts, all of her famous "friends" and whatnot.

she's definitely a narcissist. you can tell just reading her past disboard posts, all of her famous "friends" and whatnot.

The disboard posts, the way people call her "arrogant " and she answers that basically they're jealous , seriously crazy, she comes across like someone who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, JMHO
I just want justice for beautiful Heather!

Pretty quite here lately. I keep checking back for any new news.:coffeews:

I watched this show the other night - Dateline:"The Girl With The Blue Mustang".

[video=youtube;AqMHFKrIcAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqMHFKrIcAU[/video]

***SPOILER ALERT BELOW*** (in case anyone would like to watch without knowing the outcome)

This case was went to trial without any physical evidence whatsoever. 3 times actually. The first two times came back with hung juries. In the first trial, one of the jurors actually had a dream and (s)he couldn't say the Defendant was guilty. It was only after the third trial, which was in the town where the crime took place, that a guilty verdict was delivered by the jury. The Defendant was later sentenced to 40 years to life.

At first, the Prosecutors were reluctant to take the case to trial without any hard evidence. As time went by, in an interesting attempt at justice by the family, they filed a civil suit against the main suspect. After collecting and organizing some key points from interrogation and deposition footage of POI, the Prosecutor's Office rekindled their interest in pursuing the case.

Wow! Almost 10 years from the time of the crime until sentencing.

I have a short attention span and am anxious to see some movement in the HE case. I surely hope we're all not here on WS talking about this in 2024!
I got some strange deja vu after watching this Dateline episode that we could actually be in it for the long haul...:lurk:

Not sure if this invention would have helped Heather IMO but, anything that may make people's lives safer is a good thing I suppose...

Teachout says that he came up with the idea to develop TSUNAMI after a very close friend of his sadly had his daughter (Heather Elvis) taken from him about a year-and-a-half-ago, and she was last known to be seen at a local Marina late at night. The case received national and internaitonal attention.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/tsunami-security-system-will-help-make-your-community-safer-plac

*not my typo (for once) in the quote above ;/

Sadly if it wasn't that night, it would have been another. If it wasn't that marina, it would have been somewhere. Those that wanted Heather dead were not going to be deterred. Heck they KNEW there was security cameras, as they owned them!! There was no way they could have known if any fishermen or teenagers were at the marina that night, unless one of them was there waiting on Heather, and the other pulled in with the truck when she arrived. JMO!

With the trial being delayed, I hope LE takes that opportunity to look more closely at this case. Look at photos, go over what evidence such as journals, social postings, surveillance photos ect. Get fresh eyes involved. Get the FBI involved. Have professional people like psychiatrists look at Ts rants and postings, Look more closely into finding the body. Look for storage shed rentals. Were the ponds across the road from their house ever checked, septic tanks, and dumps. As for DNA which they say doesn`t exist and I believe it was found in her car and was hers, if it was blood it could have some meaning. Is H car in LE possession, if not, it should have been. Was there ever anything new added to SM truck after the disappearance, like new seats, mirrors, or a tool box? Could there still be clues there that they have overlooked, yes there could. That one clue to conviction could be staring them in the face and has been overlooked. Prosecution needs to have a good solid case and should be doing everything possible to see that they have. Especially with a judge like Judge Dennis.

With the trial being delayed, I hope LE takes that opportunity to look more closely at this case. Look at photos, go over what evidence such as journals, social postings, surveillance photos ect. Get fresh eyes involved. Get the FBI involved. Have professional people like psychiatrists look at Ts rants and postings, Look more closely into finding the body. Look for storage shed rentals. Were the ponds across the road from their house ever checked, septic tanks, and dumps. As for DNA which they say doesn`t exist and I believe it was found in her car and was hers, if it was blood it could have some meaning. Is H car in LE possession, if not, it should have been. Was there ever anything new added to SM truck after the disappearance, like new seats, mirrors, or a tool box? Could there still be clues there that they have overlooked, yes there could. That one clue to conviction could be staring them in the face and has been overlooked. Prosecution needs to have a good solid case and should be doing everything possible to see that they have. Especially with a judge like Judge Dennis.

Good Post.

There has got to be more that could be uncovered. Even if its not physical evidence, there could be others willing to testify against them who were not willing to testify previously.

I'm thinking along the lines of close family or friends of the defendents that may have realized they need to do the right thing by now.
I hope LE takes this time to reach out and try to get interviews with some who may have been unwilling to talk before now.

Time may have brought some people to their senses to do the right thing.
Or maybe someone overheard something new since they have been out. There could be new witnesses that have now heard some things first hand.

Or even some previous work associates who may have realized they do have a little information that may help the case. Some may have been unwilling to get involved and maybe now they would be willing to share all they know.

Hope LE is thinking along these lines and makes an effort to reach out to some people.

It is my understanding that a missing person assumed to be deceased by LE is not officially considered dead until the next of kin concedes in the notion and files a petition. I'm sure it varies from state to state. Just wondering how it applies to SC? There hasn't been an official death certificate issued for Heather as far as we all know...

Furthermore, this will have to happen before a trial can take place, no?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declared_death_in_absentia

It is my understanding that a missing person assumed to be deceased by LE is not officially considered dead until the next of kin concedes in the notion and files a petition. I'm sure it varies from state to state. Just wondering how it applies to SC? There hasn't been an official death certificate issued for Heather as far as we all know...

I don't think the family will have to declare her dead before the trial, I think that's between the family to decide.
What I really really hope is that those two get convicted because Heather was such a beautiful young lady with a whole life to live and someone took that. And it's definitely not fair. She did nothing wrong besides being a teen and acting like one.
This is all just MOO .
Wanted to add that, IMO you're in a relationship and you cheat, that's YOUR problem, YOUR judgement, the one you cheated with has nothing to do with that, she or him wasn't the one saying the vows!
I sure wish the prosecution to have some solid evidence /case!

What was the link for? It isn't there anymore.

New link: Thursday at 11pm - 88 Cases, 123 Victims, No Justice
Horry County detective not investigating cases.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Clip/11659054/thursday-at-11pm-88-cases-123-victims-no-justice

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/29513...=site&utm_medium=meganav&utm_campaign=meganav

Of all his cases over a three-year span, between January 2010 and February 2013, 41 percent were not addressed at all, or addressed inappropriately, according to the internal investigation. That totals 88 cases involving 123 victims.

The police department has already re-opened many of Detective Williams’s cases. Chief Rhodes said some declined cooperation, due to the time that has passed, but two arrests were made out of the cases, so far. One of those, a recently re-opened case: a five year old was allegedly fondled by a young man. The suspect, confesses twice on tape, but the Detective Williams did not make an arrest. With a new detective investigating the crime, an arrest has been made. The police department plans to keep the momentum going. “We really want to make sure that we do everything we can to bring justice for our victims,” Chief Rhodes said. “Honestly if it had been five years, I still would have made sure that case had been investigated.”

Interesting read...

Vanished: When loved ones are presumed dead
Sketchy rules make it difficult to get closure when a loved one disappears.

Found the SC LAW...

SECTION 62-1-507. Evidence of death or status.

In addition to the South Carolina Rules of Evidence, the following rules relating to a determination of death and status apply:

(1) Death occurs when an individual is determined to be dead under the Uniform Determination of Death Act, Section 44-43-460.

(2) A certified or authenticated copy of a death certificate purporting to be issued by an official or agency of the place where the death purportedly occurred is prima facie proof of the fact, place, date and time of death, and the identity of the decedent.

(3) A certified or authenticated copy of any record or report of a governmental agency, domestic or foreign, that a person is missing, detained, dead, or alive is prima facie evidence of the status and of the dates, circumstances, and places disclosed by the record or report.

(4) In the absence of prima facie evidence of death under subsection (2) or (3), the fact of death may be established by clear and convincing evidence, including circumstantial evidence.

(5) A person whose death is not established under the preceding paragraphs who is absent for a continuous period of five years, during which he has not been heard from, and whose absence is not satisfactorily explained after diligent search or inquiry, is presumed to be dead. His death is presumed to have occurred at the end of the period unless there is sufficient evidence for determining that death occurred earlier.

(6) In the absence of evidence disputing the time of death stated on a document described in subsection (2) or (3), a document described in subsection (2) or (3) that states a time of death one hundred twenty hours or more after the time of death of another person, however the time of death of the other person is determined, establishes by clear and convincing evidence that the person survived the other person by one hundred twenty hours.

HISTORY: 1986 Act No. 539, Section 1; Code 1976 Section 62-1-107; 2013 Act No. 100, Section 1, eff January 1, 2014.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t62c001.php

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs