GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Law enforcement use them every day as an investigative tool to move on pass poi
That doesn't prove anything, except maybe that LE can be rather foolish at times. High-strung people fail lie detector tests even when they're innocent, and sociopaths—who constitute a large portion of violent offenders—pass polygraph tests quite easily even when they're guilty.

Still law enforcement uses it all the time as a tool to eliminate poi

It's true, law enforcement continue to administer polygraph tests to this day in order to eliminate POI. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they are effective. As ozoner said, polygraph tests are actually more harmful than helpful because they tend to measure states of high emotion and arousal. Therefore, psychopathic criminals who show no emotion (which is very easy for them) can easily pass them. Polygraph tests have also been known to convict innocent individuals who are understandably upset or worked up about being asked a certain question and end up failing the test. However, it is important to note that there are cases where individuals might show emotion because they are actually involved--so it is also important to keep that in mind. This is why polygraph tests should either be completely eliminated (my opinion) or should not be the only form of guilt used to convict a person--I firmly believe that more evidence is needed in order to eliminate the possibility of reasonable doubt.

More then that I would like to see a search warrant for MH;s parents field to be searched during the first searches when some searchers tried to go on thier field to search they said they were shot at by someone from the harper familly why i mean why wouldn't marcus wanna do anything to help her be found instead they refused to let anyone search his parents land farm land and alot of it..to me it says they are hiding something so thats what i would like to see happen that land be searched .

Bump for Tara

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Me too. It's almost 10 years since she disappeared. Answers are needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to beat a dead horse here, but like a lot of people have said...has Dykes' wife been investigated at all during this time? She wouldn't be the first bitter wife to kill her husband's lover. Dykes called Tara 22 times to warn her....he then follows his wife to her house where her and Tara are already scuffling. What if Tara let her in talk and stuff hit the fan. She kills her in the house by strangling or something like that with little evidence left and her and Dykes dispose of Tara. Dykes cleans the crime scene up to the best of his ability using all of his training to leave no trace. The broken lamp cannot be fixed. Was the cord tested for Tara's DNA as it may have been used to strangle her? After all of this is done, he leaves his card to make it seem like he was never in there. I know I am starting to sound a little speculative, but where is this case going? We have heard nothing but GBI says it is still and active case. What exactly do they know? This case will literally bother me until it is solved.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but like a lot of people have said...has Dykes' wife been investigated at all during this time? She wouldn't be the first bitter wife to kill her husband's lover. Dykes called Tara 22 times to warn her....he then follows his wife to her house where her and Tara are already scuffling. What if Tara let her in talk and stuff hit the fan. She kills crime scene up to the best of his ability using all of his training to leave no trace. The broken lamp cannot be fixed. Was the cord tested for Tara's DNA as it may have been used to strangle her? After all of this is done, he leaves his card to make it seem like he was never her in the house by strangling or something like that with little evidence left and her and Dykes dispose of Tara. Dykes cleans the in there. I know I am starting to sound a little speculative, but where is this case going? We have heard nothing but GBI says it is still and active case. What exactly do they know? This case will literally bother me until it is solved.

I never thought of that before! I too am bothered by this case, I am from the area and we shared mutual friends. I feel torn b/c I understand small town politics and lack of resources but IMO there is no reason the GBI should not have more answers/leads/clues 10 years later. Where is Tara?

You made some good points. Basically GBI is waiting for a miracle

I had never heard about Dykes' wife and Tara scuffling before. Was this on the night she disappeared?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member