AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many people responding here find child molestation wrong......and are speaking out against it.

Condemning the sin only goes so far. Thank goodness we have laws that condemn (or punish, if you prefer) the person and bring justice to the victims.

BBM: I think many people responding here find child molestation wrong......and are speaking out against it.

You're right. We're off topic. One has nothing to do with the other. And MD never said they did...

I deleted the text of this post because I agree, the discussion was getting off topic.

Oh, I was mistaken. It wasn't gays, it was transgenders.

"Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes, I said men – to use women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space. We should never place the preference of an adult over the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing next to your daughter at the public swimming pool’s private changing area?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html

Well but that makes no sense to me. I've got two sons and a daughter. I don't want males with child predator convictions in the restroom with my sons either...

What makes me sick is on another forum I'm on (not posting what one.. Not sure about the rules about that) there are people who are brushing this off as "boys will be boys". No. He molested his sisters and someone else on multiple occasions. He is only sorry because he got caught 9 years later and it's all over now. That is why he is sorry. I don't think he's sorry for what he did. I can't imagine what his sisters are going through. He has always sent my creepdar off and since it took 9 years for this to come to light.. What is going to come out in another 9 years? That he has been molesting his OWN children?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Did anyone else notice that the judge who ordered the records destroyed Thursday...was appointed twice by Mike Huckabee?

I really think there is more to this. BIG coverup going on in Arkansas on multiple levels.

"Springdale Police spokesman Scott Lewis said Judge Stacey Zimmerman ordered the 2006 offense report destroyed Thursday. Zimmerman didn't return a request for comment on Friday."

http://www.usnews.com/news/entertai...udge-orders-reality-tv-stars-record-destroyed

I'm sure he was taught that masturbation is wrong.

He was. Masturbation is specifically sinful per the IFB.

While everything you said could be true (and probably is), let's not miss the bigger picture of this coming to light now and the victims having to go through it all even if the memories and trauma were minimal at the onset. It isn't just about the original 5 victims anymore as we don't know if there are more victims and how this revelation will impact those lives today. When crimes are finally exposed, chances are many will have to relive the past and face forgotten horrors. The end result is to put a stop to it and protect others going forward. The parents had more than one chance, but failed. The victims are going through this today because of that failure to act all those years ago.

You are right. We cannot cover up abuse in order to protect victims from embarrassment. Otherwise how do we prevent it from happening again?

People that don't believe in forgiveness must be miserable and bitter people. I'm not talking just about eternal forgiveness, but personal forgiveness. Especially on something that doesn't have a thing to do with them. And no, forgiveness does not mean lack of consequences for those who want to go there. Eternal forgiveness doesn't even save you from consequences. It must be great to sit behind a keyboard and condemn someone AND EVEN THEIR FAMILY for a despicable act and/or their beliefs. Talk about "Holier than thou"... SMH

That's what sickens me.

I agree with your post. And I believe in the power of forgiveness. I think it can be key for victims to begin to heal. But I also think that one of the major problems many of us are having is that an apology and forgiveness appears to be the prime way this family handled such a serious crime against children occurring in their own family. There seems to be the attitude among Duggar apologists that because the girls have forgiven their molester everyone else should shut up and let the family put this behind them.

But while forgiveness is pivotal or can be in such cases, and I actually think it's even more meaningful in a super religious family like a theirs, that does not go anywhere near far enough to addressing such a serious life altering issue. Saying, "Oh he apologizes! Now forgive him!" And brushing it under the rug as they have appeared to do, is horrific and it's negligence.

To be fair, no it wasn't the issue on the ballot. However, it was interpreted by many to be one possibility if the law passed.

I wouldn't want my daughter to share, or be in the same bathroom with a male period. Just like I wouldn't want my son to share or be in the bathroom with a woman. You're only asking for trouble, IMO

I have a friend who is a female to male trans. He has a large build, a beard and mustache, and no breasts. He has a deep voice and looks, dresses, and acts 100% like the man that he is. Should he use the bathroom with your little girls? Or with other men?

Well but that makes no sense to me. I've got two sons and a daughter. I don't want males with child predator convictions in the restroom with my sons either...

What about female child predators? Or male predators in the boys room? We should probably just check everyone's background at the door.

Here's the thing...the Duggers on multiple occasions have claimed that homosexuals are more likely to be pedophiles. On multiple occasions, they have insinuated that trans people and gay people are dangerous for children, because they will rape them. This isn't about men in girl's restrooms. This is about those dirty gays and transgendered in the bathrooms with children.

Let's just be real here.

It has nothing to do with political affiliation. The difference isn't between their adult politics. If someone can't tell the difference between a 7 year old who looks in their baby sister's vagina to see if what mommy said about a uterus is true, and a fully pubertal 14 year old male repeatedly sneaking into his little sister's rooms or whatever, some as young as 5 ad 6, pulling down their pants and groping their private areas for sexual gratification, despite being "disciplined" for such conduct already, I can't help you.

In no way is what Dunham readily admitted to any form of child molesation or pedophilia. Including masturbating next to a sleeping, same sex sibling. The same cant be said for what Josh confessed. Sorry.

I'm not a fan of Dunham or her show. I hear she's always naked on it and the few clips I've seen she just annoys me. I also find her descriptions of these things in her book to be strange and purposefully trying to be shocking. I don't like her. If she had done what Josh had done to little children I would be disgusted. But she didn't. And frankly, despite being opposed to the patriarchal ideology of the Duggars, I like them as people, with the exception of the mom who seemed off. They are mostly sincere, nice people.

Finally, Bill Cosby is a liberal democrat. And I can't say what I think of that rapist for fear of getting in trouble. Suffice it to say that due to his age at times of offenses, his calculated methods, his lies about the victims, and the crushing number of his offenses, I find him to be much more reprehensible than a teenage offending Josh Duggar.

Nope. This ain't about politics. It's about sex abuse and hypocrisy and hiding behind the veil of celebrity.

May I nominate this for post of the day?

Like I said, a double standard.

That 20ish woman who got pregnant by another guy in her first year of marriage and ended up being killed by her also married lover? A baby, still a child, immature, blah blah - I haven't read so many excuses for the immoral things she did in my life. She ends up dead - well, she was just a baby, she was confused, she was overwhelmed and so on.

One cannot excuse the victims saying they were just babies, and that their mistakes don't matter or aren't too serious, while saying the opposite about criminals of the same age.

Same age, same criteria. Not one is a baby, someone else is a monster.
What?! Wow.

People that don't believe in forgiveness must be miserable and bitter people. I'm not talking just about eternal forgiveness, but personal forgiveness. Especially on something that doesn't have a thing to do with them. And no, forgiveness does not mean lack of consequences for those who want to go there. Eternal forgiveness doesn't even save you from consequences. It must be great to sit behind a keyboard and condemn someone AND EVEN THEIR FAMILY for a despicable act and/or their beliefs. Talk about "Holier than thou"... SMH

That's what sickens me.

He sexually molested his OWN SISTERS. And his crap parents sought help for him but not the VICTIMS.

THAT sickens me.

I don't think a 14 year old is a baby molester. He is a baby himself, if you think about it.

So if he molests babies (up until he was 18 and a half years old), what would YOU call him?

I stick with "baby molester". Unless you prefer "baby raper"?

Not to mention it appears he repeated the assaults way past the age of 14.

I am frankly disgusted that anyone would make Josh the victim,here.

But, you know, those toddler girls are known to be such Jezebels.

Excuse me, a 14-year-old is no "baby" and he was certainly old enough to know right from wrong and that that's NOT how you channel your hormones, certainly not onto your family members. Why didn't he just go off and mastubate instead???

That's what sickens me.

A sexual abuser has NO RIGHT to ask and expect forgiveness from a victim. A victim gets to CHOOSE on their own time, if or when they will forgive. A victim should never be made to forgive, because a predator asks. They shouldn't made to forgive by the predator (he was one,) their family (they protected him over the girls,) the church, or anyone else. When their beliefs are behind a coverup, exposing children to a predator, and sweeping something under the rug...society has a DUTY to condemn this. Otherwise, we should just let the catholic church go on their merry way right?

So if he molests babies (up until he was 18 and a half years old), what would YOU call him?

I stick with "baby molester". Unless you prefer "baby raper"?

At 14 I was a freshman in high school and had my period for a year. So Josh damn well knew what he was doing. Just because he was "only fourteen" is not an excuse. (This is not directed at you, I'm just jumping off your post) if someone of the age of 14 murdered someone.. Is it still they are only fourteen???

A sexual abuser has NO RIGHT to ask and expect forgiveness from a victim. A victim gets to CHOOSE on their own time, if or when they will forgive. A victim should never be made to forgive, because a predator asks. They shouldn't made to forgive by the predator (he was one,) their family (they protected him over the girls,) the church, or anyone else. When their beliefs are behind a coverup, exposing children to a predator, and sweeping something under the rug...society has a DUTY to condemn this. Otherwise, we should just let the catholic church go on their merry way right?

I'm so ashamed at the parents for continuing to have children while knowing a molester lived under the same roof. They let the molester chaperone dates and babysit. Wtf is wrong with them!!!!

If he were a victim, he'd be a baby.

You cannot have it both ways (generally speaking, I have a problem with people lacking consistency when it comes to assessing one's capabilities at a certain age, depending on what the teenager does, and if they get killed by it or not).

For some reason, I remembered a contestant on Family Feud who answered "with me sister" to the question "tell me how you practiced kissing when you were a child".

For me, the boy is as much a victim as the girls. A victim of the sick system they were brought up into.

Hell, I was also curious to see what the other people's intimate parts looked like. I cannot imagine being 14 and having no outlet, no dirty magazine, no way to make up with a girl and so on. I am not saying he wasn't wrong, mind you. But I don't judge him as harshly as I do his "breeding is my only hobby" parents.

I am glad I never watched their show.

BBM I agree with you here. I agree the parents shoulder the most of the responsibility for their kids. I mean...... we all are responsible to a degree for our kids and their choices, right? I do feel its possible or even likely that Josh himself was a victim of someone ( maybe one of the weirdos who counseled him after the fact, 'counseled' him before the fact ) But I KNOW a home with rigid and anti-natural teachings regarding the human body is not a safe place for mixed genders to be growing up. But he and he alone is the one who acted. I think the parents have a situation that is ripe for all kinds of problems and not just of this nature. So, I see where you are coming from.

What makes me sick is on another forum I'm on (not posting what one.. Not sure about the rules about that) there are people who are brushing this off as "boys will be boys". No. He molested his sisters and someone else on multiple occasions. He is only sorry because he got caught 9 years later and it's all over now. That is why he is sorry. I don't think he's sorry for what he did. I can't imagine what his sisters are going through. He has always sent my creepdar off and since it took 9 years for this to come to light.. What is going to come out in another 9 years? That he has been molesting his OWN children?

I think I know what forum you're talking about; I'm over there too.

Sickening.

ETA: IM sent

Not to mention it appears he repeated the assaults way past the age of 14.

I am frankly disgusted that anyone would make Josh the victim,here.

But, you know, those toddler girls are known to be such Jezebels.

I believe Josh is " a " victim of irrational, illogical brainwashing of radical, religious parents. That is the END of where his ' victim' nametag gets him. He has created many victims with far bigger crosses to bear and those victims are ALSO victims of the same brainwashing, so in essence the girls are victims twice ...... at least.

That's what sickens me.

I think that most people would feel more forgiving towards Josh if he had done this only once, and his parents had gotten him and the victims proper counseling, and he realized what he'd done, and never did it again. But he did do it again, several times, and who knows for how many years? Instead of getting counseling, he was sent to go work on a home remodeling project, and was talked to by a man who is now serving a lengthy prison sentence of his own, for crimes against children. Lastly, I think it is the "in your face" holier-than-thou attitude of the Duggars, and their arrogance and unacceptance of anyone who they feel doesn't "measure up" to their standards (LGBT, unwed mothers, divorced people, single parents, possibly some of different races, etc.).
They, though their words and actions, brought all this on themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member