AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI also has horrific ways of dealing with sexual abuse. Heavily blaming the victim. I don't know if I can link to them, but buzzfeed has a post up with excerpts and charts from their teachings. (The same info is posted elsewhere on other major news sites, I'm just too tired to find them!)

I saw something similar to this image posted upthread:
8f0495968685e9f626636980db07765b.jpg

via
How “Counseling Sexual Abuse” Blames and Shames Survivors
http://www.recoveringgrace.org/2013/04/how-counseling-sexual-abuse-blames-and-shames-survivors/

I wasn't able to locate the buzzfeed link :lookingitup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have learned about so many different ways of child rearing, if one wants to call it that, I've never heard of most of this before. The stay at home daughter movement really caught my eye. My daughters are now grown and married, but being very close in age, and in the teenager years, when it was time for them to leave and be on their own, I was happy, they didn't live far then from us, but still, I can't imagine belonging to the stay at home daughter movement. But I suppose when the daughters do most of the work and babysit, I can see why Michelle would like that. :rolleyes: I was also thinking, now that the news came out about what he did to his sisters and another girl, maybe, just maybe, one or two of the girls might use that as a way to get out and on their own. Perhaps some of the control is crumbling, and they can maybe start thinking on their own.

BBM

I remember seeing an episode where Michelle mentions how happy she was to have mostly girls at first, to help her care for all the later children.

ETA: spelling

I don't believe people who cannot have children stay in the movement. They aren't really...well accepted...for lack of better words. In the movement, infertility is a punishment for sin in the woman. (So is having a disabled child.) It doesn't matter why you are infertile. Cancers, health reasons, doesn't matter...you are being punished. Something is deemed spiritually inferior about the woman. Of course, men are never considered as a source of the infertility.

Sometimes, venereal disease contracted from one's own husband and resulting in infertility or birth defects is seen as the fault of the woman. So, they are a super awesome group of peeps.

Nutters, probably damaged by being born into a family suffering multigenerational sexual abuse that was never dealt with, other than to beat on the bible a lot and blame the female vixens. Sad really, but it's sick that this kind of thinking has so much support that there are conferences etc.

Sometimes, venereal disease contracted from one's own husband and resulting in infertility or birth defects is seen as the fault of the woman. So, they are a super awesome group of peeps.

The disease would probably be a punishment for her. :facepalm:

Wow, I never knew sexual abuse = lifting a Tootsie Roll. :rolleyes:

"No one is perfect, we are all sinners. Whether that sin is a 14 year old minor molesting young girls, or another child stealing from a candy store - these are all crimes weak humans can make."

Another gem:

Again, [Josh] did not hide and cover up his despicable sin even when it could have cost him everything - his very future with his spouse!

Riiiiight. That's why we all knew about it before InTouch broke the story.

http://www.christiantoday.com/artic...de.christians.deal.josh.duggar.past/54539.htm

I don't believe people who cannot have children stay in the movement. They aren't really...well accepted...for lack of better words. In the movement, infertility is a punishment for sin in the woman. (So is having a disabled child.) It doesn't matter why you are infertile. Cancers, health reasons, doesn't matter...you are being punished. Something is deemed spiritually inferior about the woman. Of course, men are never considered as a source of the infertility.

Quoting myself, because I forgot to mention something. From what I can gather online, adoption is viewed very differently for the fertile vs. infertile. For the fertile, It's praised and thought of as a selfless act of opening your heart and home for a child with less. For the infertile, it's a second class option, because their heart is too sinful to be blessed with their own children.

It would explain a lot about Michelle (and the whole family really) especially the need for control around sex and making the girls wear 'modest' clothing.

Speculating that maybe if something happened to one person in the family, that abuser would have access to another person in the family.....

Am I the only one who finds it super creepy how much Josh's wife resembles his sisters?

So I wonder what the protocol is if one of these young wives God forbid becomes a widow well before the time? Who takes care of them financially?

TLC would if those girls ran away from home and started their own show, they would be the most popular girls in the world !

Quoting myself, because I forgot to mention something. From what I can gather online, adoption is viewed very differently for the fertile vs. infertile. For the fertile, It's praised and thought of as a selfless act of opening your heart and home for a child with less. For the infertile, it's a second class option, because their heart is too sinful to be blessed with their own children.

Once again, I obnoxiously personalize a thread. But I was once told by my fundie SIL, while undergoing infertilty treatments (after 6 years of issues) that perhaps I was not "Godly" enough to be a proper vessel for a child of God. Seriously. She really said that.

That was the initial rift in my break from all things "Christian". I lost my faith due to the actions of such wonderful "believers". So much for witnessing in order to bring people CLOSER to God. Just be a self-righteous beeotch and remove all doubt that you suck at being human.

Slightly OT but I saw a fb page the other day really anti Cesarean for births. It says it's God's will and if you cannot deliver it on your own, you and the baby should die. . . . . I will not even begin to say the Duggars are of such a mindset, just pointing out some more kooky believes about births within certain radical sects.

Slightly OT but I saw a fb page the other day really anti Cesarean for births. It says it's God's will and if you cannot deliver it on your own, you and the baby should die. . . . . I will not even begin to say the Duggars are of such a mindset, just pointing out some more kooky believes about births within certain radical sects.

Just a guess, but I bet they are of that mindset. After all, no men have to suffer so it's all good.

TLC would if those girls ran away from home and started their own show, they would be the most popular girls in the world !

That is so sad and probably true. sad state of affairs. smh

I had never heard of this blanket training thing before, after looking online I'm shocked!
They sit there little babies on a blanket, then jump out and 'tap' them with a ruler if they move off it! :(
Sounds a bit much too me.

Mrs Duggar wants to train her children to sit quiet, if she wants quiet time, here's an idea, quit having so many kids!

Maybe she should use the blanket training on her husband and beat him with something when he gets near her blanket.

I wanted to post this. It helped me understand a little about the Duggar "religion".

This is from Previously TV. I found it hard to link because there are no numbers on posts. So this was posted by Becca3891 on May 24, 2015 at 2:47 A.M. I wanted to give credit because this was not written by me.

"Just to clarify, there is no unified, nationwide Gothard church. He is an author and speaker, not a minister. Most of his followers belong to various ultra conservative denominations throughout the country, often Independent Fundamental Baptists or home churches, such as the Duggars's home church that now meets in a storage facility. So the church elders would not include Pa Keller, Gil Bates or Gothard. Each of those men belongs to his own local church. I don't believe we know the names of any of the storage facility church members, although I think probably the Querys and Sierra's family are among them. But didn't the Query husband die?"

Maybe she should use the blanket training on her husband and beat him with something when he gets near her blanket.

What would be the point? She seems to be really into having kids. I think of her as a baby hoarder.

Jill trained online and at a midwifery center to become certified as a midwife and Jana did the same to become a doula. They assisted actual midwifes in births. But neither ever obtained certificates and both were subtle, but clear if you read between the lines, that they were training to be able to help each other and their friends, or to have skills useful to ministry, but not to obtain paying jobs.

It is very specific in their culture that women are not to work for pay outside the home except in very limited circumstances - for their headship's business (i.e. working at their father or husband's business under their protection and monitoring). Otherwise they may occasionally train outside the home for a home-based or female/child centered profession, with another buddy and they act as chaperones for one another.

They may also act as volunteers or work in ministries, while heavily chaperoned.

Sadly, sometimes the girls belonging to this movement but who only moderately adopt its principles, express certain aspirations (like to become a nurse), but after prayer, (read, parental vetoes), they almost always determine it is not the "right time."

Respectfully snipped for focus. There is another case on WS (The Stanley family-- 7 children removed to foster care) where the family is fundamentalist, patriarchy, quiverfull, etc. The wife in that family also claims to be a midwife. I have several posts I might try to dig up and copy here, to clarify what the difference is between Certified Nurse Midwife, Direct Entry/ Lay/ Traditional midwife (licensed), and unlicensed birth attendants who simply self identify as "midwives."

Jill Duggar WAS listed on the Arkansas midwife apprentice registry until her permit expired recently-- there are currently only 12 midwife apprentices in the entire state listed on the AR Dept of Health website:

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...alth/Documents/LicensedMidwifeApprentices.pdf

It's my personal opinion that Jill Duggar chose to go the route of becoming an official apprentice on, registered with the Dept of Health, due to the publicity and potential liability that comes with the fame from the TLC reality show. It is VERY unusual for these women "birth attendants" (who self identify as lay midwives, but have no formal training or even formal apprenticeships) to submit to STATE registration and licensure.

Here is some more info on traditional midwife/ direct entry midwives:

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Pages/LayMidwifery.aspx

There are also only 12 licensed traditional midwives in all of Arkansas:

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...omensHealth/Documents/LicensedLayMidwives.pdf

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/aboutADH/RulesRegs/LayMidwifery.pdf

**KZ note-- every state has slightly different rules governing direct entry midwife practice. Unlicensed midwives are undocumented and unregulated, and subject to criminal prosecution in some states. Certified Nurse Midwives are RN's with masters or doctoral level preparation at traditional universities. CNM's almost never do home births due to state licensing and insurance concerns (basically, you can't get malpractice insurance to do home births). CNM's practice in traditional hospitals, or free-standing birthing centers.

Lay traditional/ direct entry midwives' interests are promoted by professional associations such as Midwives Alliance of North America, or the North American Registry of Midwives (also have exams for certification):

http://mana.org/about-midwives/state-by-state#Arkansas

http://mana.org/pdfs/Statechart-05-11-11.pdf

http://narm.org/

Edited to add: Here is another post I wrote on the same topic, in another thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-from-Prepper-Family&p=11420895#post11420895

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie