DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article identifies Ms Hines as a "prosecutor".

HOWEVER, Deborah Hines is a criminal attorney in Washington DC who was simply speculating.

She is simply offering an opinion.

Exactly. She is a "talking head" nothing more, nothing less. She doesn't have any insight information into the case.

Records show Wint worked at a Home Depot in D.C. It's interesting that W-1 went to Home Depot after the money drop off. W-1 either missed or refused to answer SS's calls. He did not return any of SS's calls until 1:40 p.m - 20 minutes after the fire was reported. If he'd just left a large sum of cash in an unlocked car , why didn't he call SS to make sure he got the money? Why didn't he answer his calls?

Do you have a link to the info that he missed calls from SS after he dropped the money?

7774626_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire
That driver has on what looks like a uniform. Earlier a picture or a video showed a well groomed middle-aged blonde lady walking away with the dogs...who were both on a leash. Someone in the video made it seem as if she were a friend or neighbor to the victims. (I don't have the link....I will look for it, again.)
(Adding link) The video is the 2nd down and it shows a couple leaving with the two dogs on leashes. And the man carring a huge bag of dog food. It's just passed the 2:00 minute mark here:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Woodley-Park-Bodies-Fire-Death-303794761.html

I just read Witness 1's biography and this new job would be quite a come-down for him. Not sure I can post the link.

I live in the DC area, but I'm not 100% sure of what street parking in this specific street or block is like. It looks like their street does have a zone (meaning, need a residential parking permit) and that both sides of the street are subject to these rules. The RPP would be required to park on the street for more than 2 hours during the day- the rules might not apply overnight (once again, not 100% sure what the rules are here). It's residential enough that I doubt there are meters or anything like that- likely permit parking only within posted time restrictions, and non-permits holders can park for 2 hours. My guess is that the majority of homes in this neighborhood have plenty of available garage and driveway parking for their own cars.

I'd assume with the security presence in the area, the proximity to the zoo, and the proximity to the Naval Observatory/embassies, street parking would be enforced but it's hard to tell.

ETA: A google street view shows a sign near their house on the Woodland Drive side saying no parking at any time. On the 32nd Street side (where their driveway is), you can see permit parking signs stating 2 hour limits for non-permit holders. I can't read the times, though.
One of the real estate listings for the address stated there was a garage and street parking two spaces. (probably two parking passes get issued per address.)

I agree. It's the one lie that makes no sense to tell - unless the key is "key."
Something tells me that "the Assistant" slipped up about getting the key because the car was locked and that the key was actually for the Porsche, which was locked and parked on the street per VF's husband. Something tells me that "the assistant" knew the perp needed a get away car. Leaving the key in an envelope with the money would make it so the suspect could take the money and the car and get the heck out of their lives.

Having said that, I want to know where the assistant was after he left the home improvement store, at noon, in Chantilly. I want to know: what did he buy and where did he go after as well as where he was from 12:00 Noon until 5:00 PM when the car was torched? Did he head back to MD, maybe?

Do you have a link to the info that he missed calls from SS after he dropped the money?

It may not have link, but I googled for ya
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-investigating-package-filled-with-cash-dropped-off-at-door-of-slain-family/2015/05/20/a100af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

I do not see this information in the charging documents, or the post arrest documents. HTH

Can you post link for that on relative who was fired? This was discussed yesterday, and I thought read this about relative too, but never found link in threads/media. Tia/

Here is one but it doesn't give the dates that the relative worked there. I will keep looking.

From 2003 to 2005, Wint worked as a welder at American Iron Works, where victim Savvas Savopoulos served as CEO, sources said. One of Wint's relatives was also fired from the company.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Quadruple-Slaying-in-Custody-304665291.html

It may not have link, but I googled for ya
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-investigating-package-filled-with-cash-dropped-off-at-door-of-slain-family/2015/05/20/a100af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I do not see this information in the charging documents, or the post arrest documents. HTH

ok, so is this right?

SS left messages with his assistant on Wed but SS's assistant didn't return any calls til Thurs at 1:40?

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

Something tells me that "the Assistant" slipped up about getting the key because the car was locked and that the key was actually for the for the Porsche, which was locked and parked on the street per VF's husband. Something tells me that "the assistant" knew the perp needed a get away car. Leaving the key in an envelope with the money made it so the suspect could take the money and the car and get the heck out of their lives.

Having said that, I want to know where the assistant was after he left the home improvement store, at noon, in Chantilly. I want to know: what did he buy and where did he go after as well as where he was from 12:00 Noon until 5:00 PM when the car was torched? Did he head back to MD, maybe?

Wint could also get the Porsche key from SS, though. One other thing about the money, the bag and the envelope. One very good reason for an envelope and a bag is - the money was always intended to be split. So many things make more sense if W-1 is involved in some way, even if not with the murder itself.

Here you go. Also, folks were talking before about the box truck and what was/was not shown (some said here that they saw a dresser, others said tool chest). I did screen caps for all to look at to decide for themselves.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Daron-Wint-Mansion-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

View attachment 75226

View attachment 75227

View attachment 75228

I did a little research on the truck company- it seems as though the mobile service centers (like this truck) are for businesses with a fleet of trucks or that use trucks for work- think: penske trucks. So these mobile service center trucks go make repairs on the fly wherever they are needed. It's like a service that a business with trucks would use to do mechanic work.

So my thought on the truck- why it's there: one of the people worked for them and was a mobile service tech.

If you google "amerit trucks + washington, dc" on page three I found an interesting thing- a job was posted for a mobile service tech three days ago. Is it possible this was Wint's employer? Or one of the people with him?

That is the only logical person I can think of that they would have this truck. All the boxes inside appear to be either a tool chest (like craftsman style with drawers) or boxes of parts for repair - it is possible those boxes contained his stuff (personal affects) - and he planned on taking off - and his current job was convenient..

This being his job would also explain the bright yellow vests- if he had to make repairs on the side of a highway it would be likely that the techs would have neon safety vests

BBM. Very telling gap in time. I think the same thing about NG setting up her reasons for not going to the home on Thursday.

JMO

It's very suspicious that NG showed up at the crime scene on Thursday - and everyday afterwards - to give interviews to the media. IMO NG was a chatterbox attention seeker who should have been grieving the loss of her boss and his family who she knew for 20 years. The day her hair and nails were done was very telling.

I get service in all the stores also but in this Lowe's you lose service depending on where you are. It is possible he didn't get the call because of that and then noticed the miss call at 1:40.

If he was used to dropping off $40K in unlocked cars, then yes, it is possible he waited 3 hours to call.

ok, so is this right?

SS left messages with his assistant on Wed but SS's assistant didn't return any calls til Thurs at 1:40?

No, the article is poorly worded. I think the article is saying that the Washington Post tried to reach the Assistant a week later -- Wednesday, May 20 -- and he did not return the Post's call. SS seemed to call the Assistant at 11:54 am on Thursday, May 14.

No, the article is poorly worded. I think the article is saying that the Washington Post tried to reach the Assistant a week later -- Wednesday, May 20 -- and he did not return the Post's call. SS seemed to call the Assistant at 11:54 am on Thursday, May 14.

Thank you

That makes far more sense

ok, so is this right?

The article was written on Wednesday and I think the reporter left messages for the assistant (on Wednesday) and he didn't return them. JMO

What is astounding to me in this case is how many calls Savvas made along with text...communicating with so many people yet not one picked up on the desperate signals and red flags he was waving that he was trying so hard to send.:( Imo, all of them were pleas for help he was trying to send the message of....please help........please realize that something very bad is happening to us but it fell on deft ears.:(

It wasn't until after they had been murdered that the parties admitted they felt something wasn't right. But in their defense I guess it is human nature to rationalize things away as being benign because no one really goes around thinking this could be happening to someone they know.

People need to rely on their gut instincts. That is why God gives us these instincts so that we can know when something is wrong.

IMO
If I'm being held and am allowed to make a call im going to say call 911. They can beat me more BUT they will leave because they know LE is now on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member