DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you were in a situation in which a lunatic had invaded your house, wouldn't you say, "gee, I don't have much cash -- here's everything I have -- here's also some jewelry, some paintings, and there are at least a million dollars worth of cars in the garage. The keys are on hooks down there. Here's my ATM card, here's the code, here are some credit cards. Help yourself." Seems like you would want to avoid a sleepover with the guy.

I agree it seems the motive was personal to some extent. 18 hours is a long time.

I agree that if you're going to have a driver you usually would have a Town Car or similar so you can sit in the back and do some work or talk on the phone or whatnot and none of the vehicles they had would be typical ones you'd try to work in while someone else drove you. Maybe SS had some reason he couldn't drive (medical, DUI, etc.).

Maybe they used the Bentley and he sat in back. Very comfy back seats :wink:

It's not unusual for rich people to have drivers. They would still be in their cool car, only somebody would be driving them.

I think Lincoln town car when I think of a driver not their personal vehicles.

Has it been fully ruled out that this money didn't come from a safety deposit box?? It may have...

I'm thinking there would have be a safe in the home, I don't see them dealing with a safety deposit box. jmo I have wondered about jewelry.

That's an interesting idea -- that he ambushed SS at the office. I would like to think that SS would have taken the guy anywhere but to his home where his child and wife were, but I guess faced with a machete (or whatever sharp object) it would be hard.

I think that if SS met up with this crazy man outside of his home, he would have had an even playing field to fight back. I think his martial arts might have come into play. JMO

I don't think DW went to SS, the strongest enemy. I think being a coward, he went to take over the more vulnerable family members first. That is the only way he could have control of SS, imo.

Does anybody know who this relative of Wint's that was recently fired is? I think he would be worth looking into. perhaps they both held grudges. Perhaps this relative had some inside knowledge.

IIRC SS was at the chantilly business on wednesday with ? housekeeper helping. This housekeeper is not the normal thursday housekeeper that was asked to not come in on thursday. The housekeeper that was with SS at the chantilly business then left there about 5:30 according to a worker associate of SS. IIRC it has been stated (yet again) that is all started about 19 hours before the fire. If that is true and the fire started/reported at about 1:15pm, then that would put the (this started about) at 6:00pm wednesday. So my ? is did SS go straight to the home or did he stop by the AIW office then proceed home. It's my opinion that he stopped and that is where he encountered dw and was told to drive home. Remember that is where wint is from and where he used to work and where he showed up with a machete and bb pistol. jmo idk

eta the house that was with SS is the ones that husband showed up there thursday looking for her, so she must have been with SS and not driven herself. jmo idk

I think you might have some people mixed up.

Housekeeper AG was at the martial arts studio with SS on Wednesday. She normally works at the house on Thursdays, but supposedly made prior arrangements to work at the studio three days that week INSTEAD of working at the house on Thursday.

Housekeeper VF was at the house on Wednesday. Her husband showed up Thursday morning looking for her at the house. If I recall correctly, she took the bus to work.

Not sure if they are related but it appears the assistant may have a brother with a criminal history including robbery. Not sure though. It is a common last name.

My Dad had an opportunity to drive years ago after he retired (police) it was good money for what would have been required but he turned it down, seems it was mostly for the man's young daughter, back and forth to school and her activities so he turned it down. I am thinking that he was probably going to or was driving Philip back and forth to school and his activities as well. jmo idk

I guess I just see a driver in a Lincoln Town car assisying the wealthy not driving the families personal vehicle collection. Like SS would really sit in the back of his Bentley and have someone drive him around or in the porsche? It sounds silly to me but maybe thats why Im not rich, LOL.
I dont like driving though and wouldn't mind someone else driving. I wouldn't pay them to drive me in my OWN car though ;)

That is because you haven't explained how there was appointment set when the relevant parties couldn't have been contacted on Wednesday to set the appointment. You said the relevant parties to the appointment were contacted the next morning after SS told the driver when the appointment with those people was.

I think the parties could have been contacted on wednesday and the appointment easily set up. He TELLS them to meet when bank opens. DONE--appointment set.

Then he tells the driver to meet them at same time. Not a mystery. A wealthy CEO gives orders to his employees and to the bank manager, imo.

Has it been fully ruled out that this money didn't come from a safety deposit box?? It may have...

It's not entirely clear all the things W1 lied about, but W1 said he witnessed a 'transaction' between the branch manager and the AIW employee: "W-l and the other employee responded to the Bank of America located in Hyattsville, Md. W-l and the other employee walked into the bank at which time W-l watched the other employee enter into a transaction with the bank manager." Also you don't need to make a special appointment with the branch manager to go to your safety deposit box or even get both his accountant and the AIW exec involved (I could see one but not both as you just would need the warm body who can sign for it with far less fuss than a large bank cash withdrawal) but instead whoever had access to the deposit box could just go in without needing an appointment at all. Also seeing how this came from AIW rather than a personal account, I don't know what business purpose would be served by having $40K in cash sitting in a box as that's a lot of money that could be used productively to generate revenue. I can't at this point say it's impossible that it came from a safety deposit box.

I agree that if you're going to have a driver you usually would have a Town Car or similar so you can sit in the back and do some work or talk on the phone or whatnot and none of the vehicles they had would be typical ones you'd try to work in while someone else drove you. Maybe SS had some reason he couldn't drive (medical, DUI, etc.).

True, he could of had a specific need (medical, DUI,etc) hadnt thought of that. Also someone mentioned the driver for Philip. As a Mother I dont think I would be keen on a race car guy driving my son around. Its different if he is teaching him through a mutable hobby of racing go-go-karts on a track. I just think it was weird this guy had access to all this families personal vehicles to just drive around. I dont get it and I have my "rich and snooty" hat on, lol.

But this wasn't just 'some bank customer.' This was a prestigious and respected large business owner from a very affluent local family with many holdings in that bank. And SS would have been pleading as if his life depended upon it--which it did. I can think of many reasons that he personally could not be there in person. But the person he went was the business accountant, and he would have some legal standing to sign checks etc. JMO

If we are talking about a locally-owned bank that would be true, but the branch manager isn't high up on the BOA food chain and this was not a large client to BOA. Just because people are multimillionaire business owners does not mean that national banks aren't PITAs to them and have them go through red tape. A branch manager can be a locally prestigious job and they can have a nice executive sounding title, but it doesn't mean it is within their own authority to do certain things no matter how much they want to. The branch manager may have tried to please SS to the point that the branch manager did things that could result in getting fired for cause.

But if you were in a situation in which a lunatic had invaded your house, wouldn't you say, "gee, I don't have much cash -- here's everything I have -- here's also some jewelry, some paintings, and there are at least a million dollars worth of cars in the garage. The keys are on hooks down there. Here's my ATM card, here's the code, here are some credit cards. Help yourself." Seems like you would want to avoid a sleepover with the guy.

yes, except if the killer only wanted cash. And if the only cash available was the $500 limit on the atm then he knew his family was dead that night. Even a moron like DW would know the credit cards would be worthless and dangerous. And the art too bulky troublesome. As well as the flashy cars. All DW wanted was MONEY. So to keep his family alive a little longer he had to promise him some. Hence the calls and hustle to line some up.

And SS was probably saying ' Hey Dude, if I get you thousands of dollars, instead of the paltry ATM cash, will you go on your way and leave us be? '

Interesting comment in NBC4 story yesterday, referring to W-1:

"Sources close to the Savopoulos family say neither friends nor family close to the tragedy have seen that assistant since the day before the house was set on fire."

People deal with grief and shock in their own way. Even so, his failure to surface was notable enough to provoke comment by "sources" close to the family. One would hope that he might want to approach the family and tell them about his final conversations with SS, especially since he was apparently the last person to speak to SS, at 11:54pm, if that call went through.

His conduct continues to be questionable, but could still be simply lack of maturity.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...W-DC-Mansion-Slayings-Released-304946491.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member