AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a transgender child friend. He/she is so precious. It enrages me that a grown up would say things like that.

I will just assume he does not know anyone and is truly ignorant of what he does.

My son and his friend, (they were both 9 at the time), was eating the candy at the store that you pay 8.xx a pound for, My husband turned them in. I admit I was mad at first at my husband for turning my son in. but my husband said he is 9, he knows right from wrong. we will have to deal with if they press charges. they sat them in the office and had a stern talking too by the security card and manager. I don't think he will ever do it again. I believe that is when you need a stern talking too not what josh did. I know again that is a bad example but that when i think a stern talking too is acceptable for that first offenses

I'm not going to watch that of interview. I don't need a lecture from Megyn and the Duggars about how this was a private, family tragedy that they handled well which ha turned into a liberal witch hunt.

Also (i know im long winded lol) The most strict religions in America where women must be covered and submissive reminds me of some other place that America is at war with and most Americans are in the middle of(and funding) this war of completely opposite religions, my son has wanted to be in tbe air force since he was 6, he is 15 now, I refuse to let my son die for some wars, which I'm sure will be more by the time he is 18, that I have no idea is the purpose at this point, no clue, they tell the parents they died fighting for their country. God bless the spouses children and parents!

I just have lost the point of all this i guess, refer to my tag, I may never understand.
Agreed! And regarding the "swimwear" for women- wetsuits are hot! (and I don't mean sexy) unless you are in the water, in which case, they keep you comfortable. I have a sleeveless one for my own pool, which is freezing, because it's too expensive to heat it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/01/o...iving-child-sexual-abuse.html#permid=15098109

Very good column: Surviving Child Sexual Abuse

I understand this impulse. The contradiction is newsworthy. That dissimulation must be called out. But we shouldn’t stray far from focusing on, extending help to, and seeking to be sensitive to the survivors and using these cases educationally to better protect other children.

As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, I can say with some authority that no one should take an ounce of joy in these revelations and accusations. This is not a political issue, even if people — including abusers themselves — have hypocritically used it as one.

This is not the time for giddiness or gloating. Child sexual abuse is tragic and traumatic for its survivors — and that is where the bulk of the focus should always be.

When a child is sexually abused, it breaks bonds of trust. It is a violation of the sovereignty of the self and one’s zone of physical intimacy. It is an action of developmental exploitation. It is a spiritual act of violence that attacks not only the body but also the mind.

It can take decades, or even a lifetime, to recover if recovery is even emotionally available for the survivor.

He has some statistics. Excellent comments from survivors and non-survivors.

"Now I wish that someone told me that when I was in high school that I could have felt like a woman when it came time to take showers in PE,” Huckabee said earlier this year at the 2015 National Religious Broadcasters Convention in Nashville, Tennessee.

“I’m pretty sure that I would have found my feminine side and said, ‘Coach, I think I’d rather shower with the girls today.'"
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...r-shower-girls

What a Christian family values creepy perverted pig!

Terribly creepy, especially coming from an educated adult who fancies himself as a judge of morality, but sounds like an unrepentant sex offender.

I'm not going to watch that of interview. I don't need a lecture from Megyn and the Duggars about how this was a private, family tragedy that they handled well which ha turned into a liberal witch hunt.

I'll watch. I think the problem I have is that the world is so all or nothing. I think there is more than one issue here and more than one way of looking at it.

What Josh did was wrong. There is no way around that.. Do I feel that the culture of raising your kids that it is wrong to have any sexual impulses contributed to this? Yes.

For me this was a crime of his childhood. Not an adult. I believe that people can change from their childhood.

I don't agree with this whole family. I don't agree with a lot of their doctrine.
I think that even good families can have bad things happen and people that make bad choices. I know many families where all the kids were raised the same and one just found his way to trouble.

I don't know how I feel about the whole thing yet. The fact that they covered it up from the world doesn't bother me. As a juvenile he was afforded that protection and the record should have been destroyed and expunged. We are only finding out because of a clerk mistake.
He was never charged and there was never any proof of any other crimes.
I don't know. I just don't.
I am looking at this as a legal issue at the moment.

I am curious to see what they say but I have to tell you I did find it refreshing to see them all take responsibility and not try and shirk what happened.

I am curious to see what they say but I have to tell you I did find it refreshing to see them all take responsibility and not try and shirk what happened.

They called a teenager's repeated sexual assaults of girls as young as 5 years old as 'mistakes'. They kept the person who assaulted their daughters under their roof, without receiving any sort of appropriate counseling.

I think you're downplaying the severity of what he did, and cutting his family a lot of slack.

Well I think taking responsibility for a mistake and taking responsibility for multiple sexual assaults aren't quite the same.

It was after the police report came out and they didn't really have any other choice but to admit that something bad happened imo. They'd have looked like liars if they'd said that nothing happened, having told the police that "redacted" did "redacted" to "redacted" and it was quite shocking.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-kelly-josh-duggar-media

Say what? How does the Freedom of Information Act become LE leaking JD's juvenile police records? And JD wasn't a juvenile in 2006. Hmm, is this a preview of Ms. Kelly's mindset for the upcoming interview? Short answer - probably.

And why isn't grown up Josh a part of the interview? What 27 year-old lets his mommy and daddy talk for him? Sheesh.

And this asinine statement from Duggar supporter Mike Huckabee:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mike-huckabee-transgender-shower-girls

By that twisted logic he might as well have said he should have had a leg amputated in order to park closer to the gym. From under what rock do these people come?

Just jumping off your post.

First I'll put it out there I'm a Megyn Kelly fan, but I really hope she doesn't try to sugar coat the interview. However, I do understand what she is saying about the report being released. No matter that it was FOIA, it did expose the victims again. It wasn't to difficult to figure out who, at least the sisters were. That has to be devastating for the girls. First to be pushed aside by their "loving" parents and then to have everything thrown out in front of millions of people. I really feel for those girls.

Now as for the JBD, MD, and JD.....their fair game. I really hope she goes after them. I can not even stomach hearing MD's voice so I'll not be watching this interview. But I'll be here reading the comments!

Mel ~

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They called a teenager's repeated sexual assaults of girls as young as 5 years old as 'mistakes'. They kept the person who assaulted their daughters under their roof, without receiving any sort of appropriate counseling.

I think you're downplaying the severity of what he did, and cutting his family a lot of slack.

Mistakes was too small a word. It was horrible. I am not negating that at all. But he was a juvenile when he committed the acts. That changes things. Today, If he did it string him up.. I am right there to find him guilty and send him to prison but he was 14 yr old kid then. STILL WRONG. Not saying it wasn't. But I can not help but feel that his environment led to this. A suppression of natural sexual urges and no outlet and no real education....

I think the other thing that bothers me is that the people who are hurt the most in this is the victims. The ones who most likely never wanted this known.

I am not cutting his family slack.

Agree. They did everything they could to minimize, cover up, and ensure that there was no appropriate consequences for their son and no appropriate counseling for either their son or their daughters. How is that taking responsibility?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I have the report listed earlier that states sex offenders start about age 14.

What if your neighbor 14 year old boy did that to your five year old? A mistake? No outlet?

14 years old is the age juveniles can be charged as adults for sexual crimes. Look at 14 and 15 year old teenage boys, 8th graders and HS freshmans. Pre-teens and children are no match for them.

http://www.smart.gov/sorna.htm

Ma Duggar was an "outsider". She KNEW how society defines "child molestation". When she accepted that belief system (Quiver or whatever), she CHOSE not to alert the authorities when her son repeatedly violated 5 girls. She KNEW it was WRONG and ILLEGAL.

I'd really like to know what John Walsh thinks about this, or any other advocate for children's safety.

Agree. They did everything they could to minimize, cover up, and ensure that there was no appropriate consequences for their son and no appropriate counseling for either their son or their daughters. How is that taking responsibility?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I don't know what counseling they had or didn't. All we know is what was reported to the media not the whole truth most likely.
They did not come out and try to sugar coat it or make it seem false or like it was not bad. They admitted that it was true. That is more than most do these days.
I just am not sure what people want from this. He was 14 and committed a horrible act but so far nothing since then. And the statute of limitations is run out for anything from the past. The victims have forgiven him. He has moved on.. Granted, He has not made it easier for himself trying to be the moral compass for people but I see that often.
People who are "reformed" often are the worst finger pointers.

I am still weighing all this out. I just don't know what people want from here. He lost his job, the family lost the show, There are no charges to be had and I will bet a million dollars when this came out people went searching for things that could have happened any time in the last 10 years.

I have the report listed earlier that states sex offenders start about age 14.

What if your neighbor 14 year old boy did that to your five year old? A mistake? No outlet?

He was not a true 14.. He was a 14 year old sheltered child told to cover up who he was as a boy and was raised to be sexually repressed. I think he was more of a 12 yr old.

a 14 yr old would never be alone with my 5 yr old so that is that..

Perhaps one could be more forgiving if it was one time, one child and they handled things and got proper counseling etc for all involved.

They did not and it was 5 little girls on 5 separate occasions and 3 of the 5 were asleep which is predatory. I only hope he has changed he has a little girl and one on the way.

I am not excusing the behavior. I don't know what kind of talking or counseling any of them got. I don't know what really happened only what has been reported.. So I feel like there are pieces to the puzzle that are missing.

I don't know what counseling they had or didn't. All we know is what was reported to the media not the whole truth most likely.
They did not come out and try to sugar coat it or make it seem false or like it was not bad. They admitted that it was true. That is more than most do these days.
I just am not sure what people want from this. He was 14 and committed a horrible act but so far nothing since then. And the statute of limitations is run out for anything from the past. The victims have forgiven him. He has moved on.. Granted, He has not made it easier for himself trying to be the moral compass for people but I see that often.
People who are "reformed" often are the worst finger pointers.

I am still weighing all this out. I just don't know what people want from here. He lost his job, the family lost the show, There are no charges to be had and I will bet a million dollars when this came out people went searching for things that could have happened any time in the last 10 years.

The victims forgave him how could they really forgive him being children themselves... Adults can say that all day long but imo a child does not understand forgiveness for something so vile. Jmo.

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member