AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN International ripping into the interview now .. catching some nonsense about shepherds I missed early on .. Josh = the straying sheep, etc .. what a load of rubbish!

Erin Merryn .. speak it sister .. she knows the Duggars and even she thinks Josh should have been removed from the home. She's parroting the juvenile records release complaint however.

I taped it. I can't watch the rest of it. My head is spinning from their spinning. How many people are in prison for the same offense?

Psychologist on CNN thinks it's likely the girls were pretending to be asleep to protect themselves, Josh, and the family .. that repression will be another layer that needs healing.

Speculation here: Josh didn't confess to the parents until he was confronted by the older girls, that if he didn't tell they would, after they realised he was doing the same thing to the younger girls too, in particular the 5 year old and a family friend.

JMO

I am sad that the girls felt compelled to come forward. I guess some other places had already suspected them and quite frankly with only a limited number of females in the home at the time and four of them his victims, it does not take rocket science. I did not sleuth them or know their names because I do not watch the show. But you know what would have protected everyone in this entire scenario? If the Duggars had voluntarily left the spotlight . Whether or not the story of Josh became public 12 yrs ago, if they had not wanted to bask int he dollars and fame and politics of their new status, they could have protected ALL of their children. If this came out today and they were a family who had 15 min of fame 12 yrs ago, no one would give two cents and no press would be covering it. It would have been a blip on page 20 , if that. I'm sad the girls are outed, whether they did it themselves or not but the public is not to blame for this nor is the state. I'm so sickened by so much I heard I don't know where to begin.

The religious right in this country is so twisted, always claiming that they are the victims. Take sexual abuse and turn it into Christians being victimized by people with an "agenda." More cries of persecution. And Michelle was totally unrepentant of her robocalls about trangender people preying on little girls in the restroom.

You know, it's not just about this one family. The Duggar girls may feel like the abuse was no big deal, but this is a public family and this disclosure of JD's behavior has brought out the worst in how people deal with sexual abuse--the minimizing and denial and rallying around the perpetrator--and the Christian misuse of "forgiveness" to deny real accountability. That's why this whole story matters--even if two of the victims are defending their brother. It matters in how we as a society deal with sexual abuse and how we talk about it.

I would bet there are far more "mistake" moments than Josh admitted. I don't know what the Stats are today but back when I did work with Pedophiles they were 1/30
ETA speaking to Adult Offenders

Erin Merryn .. speak it sister .. she knows the Duggars and even she thinks Josh should have been removed from the home. She's parroting the juvenile records release complaint however.

I do believe that the records release does re-victimize the girls and it is not right. However, the parents talked about knowing other families where this behavior has occurred (Duggars are not the only ones!) and I believe if that statement is true that this a wake-up call to their acquaintances and friends that the behavior is a crime and the victims need to be protected by the parents the first time out-- so I am satisfied that the records came out.

CNN is covering with opines right now. They have reported the non Family member was a babysitter!!!

RSBM

O.M.G.
So, that was the other victim of JoshtheP's ?? Certainly she wasn't a 6,8,or 10 year-old ? So, how old was she ?
Not trying to figure out any names here because I do not want to know, but had JD abused someone who was old enough to protest ? If so, wouldn't that be assault ?
JD should have been packed off to professional counseling or maybe a boarding school/boy's home after the first transgression -- not welcomed into the family with open arms.

JBD and MB are doing damage control for the $$ ; imo. And not for the victims in their family.
It would appear they have a cunning (coverup of JD's assaults on others) and hateful (attacks on alternate lifestyles) side to them--and they're not 'gentle lambs' , as M's voice seems to want to indicate.

This is entirely my opinion and the picture I'm getting from them.
Thanks to those who are brave enough to endure listening to their pathetic drivel !

And thank you to the mods here for all of your hard work !!!!!!

Who knows why they needed a Sitter but they do seem to Travel quite a bit. Perhaps the Older Girls were off with Parents?

Also the molestation was only for a few seconds, on top of the girls being asleep, and only over the clothes, so you know what .. it's like nothing even happened at all .. except of course for the fact that the juvenile records got released, and may whoever did that feel the full force of the law and the wrath of god etc.

Also .. BOOM!! They do have a PR company helping them get on message, huge fail there.

This is seriously awful. And to think that these parents were probably coached and are certainly choosing their words carefully since it is national tv AND THIS IS STILL THE SH** they say?

I feel so very sorry for the victims in this case.

I have to stop at that because I'm so angry with J&M right now.

I'm sorry, but this reaction is so typical of a dysfunctional family .. the fact that the secret got out is the problem. I'd suggest this is not the only skeleton in the Duggar's closet.

Psychologist on CNN thinks it's likely the girls were pretending to be asleep to protect themselves, Josh, and the family .. that repression will be another layer that needs healing.

Speculation here: Josh didn't confess to the parents until he was confronted by the older girls, that if he didn't tell they would, after they realised he was doing the same thing to the younger girls too, in particular the 5 year old and a family friend.

JMO

I have read several first-person accounts of incestual rape and molestation on young girls and in many of them, the girls say they pretended to be asleep in an attempt to distance themselves from the horror that was occurring.

Also, some victims felt they would suffer less if they were still, passive, and in a sleep-like position. They could escape not only beatings, but could possibly hope they wouldn't be to "blame" if they were "asleep".

I am not a weirdo, I promise. I have served as a CASA and also as an assistant to a PsyDoc in Peds so I read lots of case studies. Some really sad stuff, but the Duggars are right up there with the worst I have read.

ETA: I was an admin, not a medical/psych provider. But I handled records and assisted with peds evals. Did not want to make it look like I was some expert. I am not. ;)

Here are a few of my random observations after watching M/JB interview...

- M kept saying there were "safeguards" in place after Josh admitted he touched the girls... The only "safeguards" I FINALLY heard was that M/JB told the girls not to play hide and seek with the boys... Don't sit on any male laps (accept Daddy's :eyeroll:)... And what else???

Me thinks these "safeguards" are not going to prevent pedo's from "doing their thing"... :no:

When MKE asked how the "touching" affected the girls... And if this situation really made JB feel protective (my word) of the girls...JB/M kept saying..."The girls were asleep so they never even knew it happened!" :banghead:

What a poor excuse for a father!!!!!!! (And mother, too!!!)

MK tried to get M to give a response to their critics who call M/JB hypocrites because they call gays/trans sinners, yet they had secrets in their own family...

JB/M could NOT bring themselves to say Josh was a sinner... Said, "It's just common sense that males should not be in female restrooms (me: What about at the Duggar Pedo Compound?).... And they could not bring themselves to admit the total hypocrisy...

Soooo... Tonight we heard the whole Duggar kid clan had professional counseling...,and that angel, Josh, paid for his own (whatever THAT means)....
WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE was this counseling (which, btw, was denied in earlier interviews with M...)???

AND... Most important!!!

WHERE IS JOSH??? HE SHOULD BE INTERVIEWED IF ANY OF THE DUGGARS ARE INTERVIEWED!!!

JMO

These are the defining moments imho from my posts above. ( no link, live tv )
A ) The parents are not mandatory reporters,,,, so ya know? Are they really at fault here? They didn't HAVE to tell .
B ) The parents watched Josh ALL the time, so how did the 2nd two ' series ' of incidents even happen ?
C ) The LEO who's now serving time was required to tell but he broke the LAW by not doing so so now he's trying to minimize it by saying it only happened once.
D ) Juvie SEX OFFENDER programs have a low success rate. ( JB admits Josh would go to a ' SEX OFFENDER" program had he gone but he's not a sex offender .
E ) Would this cause the WHOLE FAMILY to be investigated? At this point JB' put an emphasis on WHOLE FAMILY. What's the whole family investigation going to reveal
if there is only one bad little kid and nothing else amiss in the WHOLE FAMILY ?

So in so many words JB has said our child is a sex offender, he broke the law, so much so that LEO's broke the law by protecting our sex offender child and please do not investigate
our whole family because GOD ONLY KNOWS what might be found !

Sadly I think Michelle is having a hard time dealing with this properly because it is bringing up demons from her own past .. just a vibe I am getting .. she looks like she is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker