CA CA - Alicia Stokes, 33, Oakland, 25 Nov 2007

After watching the Disappeared episode, I think the brother has all the answers.

I'm not sure if he did it, but if he didn't, I think he definitely knows who did. He sends up so many red flags, especially with accessing her bank account after her disappearance.

Although I find it interesting that she spoke to her boyfriend on the phone for a short time after she was meant to have left the house.

I can't find anything more recent than arrests and mugshots from 2011 when googling Mandy's brother's full name (David Aaron Stokes).

I believe he either killed her or knows who did it and won't tell... I'm wondering how he's been living with that guilt.

Thinking of Mandy. I wish someone would talk and tell her loved ones where to find her remains.

Like many others on here, I heard about this case through the episode of ‘Disappeared’. I think the general consensus is that her brother definitely was involved, if not directly, then he at least has more knowledge about it than he is disclosing. Heroin is an absolute horror of a drug, and I have seen first hand how opiate addiction can transform people, changing some of the nicest people you would have ever known, people who you know have good hearts, into total monsters. That drug, and maybe even more so the user's fear of withdrawal, can completely overwhelm a user's mind and nothing else matters. The family is probably in denial because the brother they may have known and loved isn't the person he turned into, and they can't accept that. It's probably a huge block in their ability to look at the case and the facts in front of them and realize something is not right with their brother and his behavior. Hopefully soon he gets help or has some kind of personal epiphany, and gives his family some peace, if he really does know what happened to Mandy. I hope they get some closure soon. Time has a way of changing people's hearts and minds, and maybe someone who knows more or can help LE pull this case together better will come forward soon...

they had a very loud argument. she did a football move to get past him from being backed into a corner & she went inside her apartment. they were arguing about money & how she was having to support him. maybe she was going to cut him off & he got hostile & thats when she decided to run past him. i can't imagine having to run past my brother like that in an argument, she must have been scared. i dont remember anything him going into the apartment (only his story says he did).

she was on the phone with bf driving down the road when the phone cut off. maybe brother was hiding in back seat of car & when she started telling bf how she was mad at brother, brother jumped up from the back seat & took the phone causing it to hang up. he got mad beause of the conversation she was having about him & he was still enraged that she was cutting him off financially.

maybe he kills her in the car, drives her body back to the house, then later puts her body back into the car & dumps her in a landfill.

apartments should have had video that should have been viewed.
any stop lights near where the car was found should have had video footage, this could have been viewed to see who was driving.
landfill was never searched.
brother needs to take a lie detector.
warrant should have been obtained to search apartment BEFORE her family packed her stuff.

Just watched the "Disappeared" episode and read what I could find on the case.

Yeah, to me it is pretty obvious the brother did it or knows who did. Sad that they haven't been able to go after him aggressively enough to get him to confess.

And I feel terrible for the mother.

This young lady neds to be found. Hearing her mother breaks my heart.

:bump: for Mandy!

I often think about Mandy! I don't want her to become another cold case where it becomes 10 years missing, 20 years missing and so on. When I watched "Disappeared", the police working on her case seemed dedicated to bringing a resolution to it but it's hard to when they don't have a body. I wonder how much the ravine near where her car was found was searched...

I am surprised that this thread isn't full with more posts. Like many others, I first heard of this case and Mandy when I watched the episode of Disappeared. Truly, almost every case featured on that show reaches deep into my heart and it profoundly touches me. I certainly feel that Mandy's brother (Aaron) harmed his sister and I find it so heartbreaking to think of how Mandy's family must feel. Denial or not, deep down, they likely know that he either harmed Mandy or he knows what happened to her. I'm frustrated that LE weren't able to secure a search warrant for the apartment earlier when more evidence might have been recovered. I'm bothered that Aaron Stokes didn't seem to care about his sister's disappearance and if he did indeed harm her, it pains me to think that his conscience isn't ripping him apart. Being a drug addict does not make a person a sociopath and the only way that a brother could do this to his sister and not ultimately do the right thing would be if he is a sociopath. People are fallible. If he did this and/or he knows who did and he was complacent, he is not beyond forgiveness, but justice for Mandy comes before anything else. As I type this, I have tears in my eyes because I have a brother and he's just 6 years my junior. We don't always get along swimmingly, but our bond is solid and I know that if I disappeared and was presumed dead, he would be beyond devastated. He would do anything in his power to help and to seek justice for me, just as I would for him.

I've long been a lover of this site and I'm happy to have finally become a member here at WS! This is my very first post and tonight, after re-watching Mandy's episode of Disappeared, I felt compelled to see what has been posted here. It's not enough and I pray that there will be more interest in this case. So, with that, I'm bumping here for Alicia Amanda Stokes.

I am surprised that this thread isn't full with more posts. Like many others, I first heard of this case and Mandy when I watched the episode of Disappeared. Truly, almost every case featured on that show reaches deep into my heart and it profoundly touches me. I certainly feel that Mandy's brother (Aaron) harmed his sister and I find it so heartbreaking to think of how Mandy's family must feel. Denial or not, deep down, they likely know that he either harmed Mandy or he knows what happened to her. I'm frustrated that LE weren't able to secure a search warrant for the apartment earlier when more evidence might have been recovered. I'm bothered that Aaron Stokes didn't seem to care about his sister's disappearance and if he did indeed harm her, it pains me to think that his conscience isn't ripping him apart. Being a drug addict does not make a person a sociopath and the only way that a brother could do this to his sister and not ultimately do the right thing would be if he is a sociopath. People are fallible. If he did this and/or he knows who did and he was complacent, he is not beyond forgiveness, but justice for Mandy comes before anything else. As I type this, I have tears in my eyes because I have a brother and he's just 6 years my junior. We don't always get along swimmingly, but our bond is solid and I know that if I disappeared and was presumed dead, he would be beyond devastated. He would do anything in his power to help and to seek justice for me, just as I would for him.

I've long been a lover of this site and I'm happy to have finally become a member here at WS! This is my very first post and tonight, after re-watching Mandy's episode of Disappeared, I felt compelled to see what has been posted here. It's not enough and I pray that there will be more interest in this case. So, with that, I'm bumping here for Alicia Amanda Stokes.

:goodpost:

:wagon: to Websleuths, CinnamonToast, and thanks for joining us in Mandy's thread! I hope you will join us in other threads as well!

Good post CinnamonToast! I also wonder how well the ravine was searched. Did they take cadaver dogs through it? According to the TV show, it was searched by the family but it looked very overgrown and I think it would be easy to bury someone and never be found. It should be searched again with dogs.
JMO

Through reading of Patricia Violas disappearance, I came across Amanda's disappearance. So sad that this family have still not found her so thought I would post and bring her to the fore again. Really hope her mum gets her daughter back one way or another. The not knowing must be soul destroying.

I can't even imagine what the family must be going through in this situation. Their daughter/sister is missing and presumed deceased while the number one suspect is their son/brother. I can completely understand the denial that they exhibit as a family member would obviously not be quick to turn in someone that shares a significant familial connection. On the other hand, the family themselves may not have much evidence to turn him in so it all depends on the brother confessing or if they find a body. Assuming of course that she is deceased and he was responsible. Hope they receive closure soon.

I am new here as well. I also saw this case on "Disappeared" and am so sad that they have not found her. It does seem like her brother was probably responsible. Have there been any searches for her recently?

just came across this case in Namus

it's really disheartening to see no updates

I am surprised nobody has posted this article. It has a lot of information about what the "boyfriend" in NYC had to say. He didn't know she was an alcoholic until she came to visit. He said after two drinks, she became a different person. The article said she did well in NYC, but she had a "major mental breakdown" on the Thursday she got back, which would have been Thanksgiving, and the boyfriend thanks she committed suicide. He said that he didn't think the brother did it, which was very interesting, and he only had been in the apartment for one month. This article did a much better job than the TV show did. Very sad as she was a very beautiful, smart girl. Feel for the Mother as she doesn't want to face reality. It was also interesting that her brother got arrested in my hometown of Edmond, OK, which is a suburb of OKC. He was arrested trying to forge RX's for Norco and Oxy at a Mom and Pop pharmacy.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_7966763

:bump: for Mandy! Lots of cases are being solved lately so I hope hers will be too.

Just seen the disappeared episode, the fact her body hasn't been found suggests to me that her brother didn't do it. He was a drug addict and I don't think he would have been able to properly dispose of a body. It's obvious he at least knows what happened though.

Sent from my iPhone

That article certainly makes a case for suicide. I've seen her Disappeared episode a couple of times, and they avoided a lot of important info about her IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back