TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LL( found by searching for "perk" instead of "Perkins"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first read about this case when my local newspaper, the Bakersfield Californian, ran the Seattle piece due to the Bakersfield, CA connection with the birth certificate. I then found this forum and have followed (lurked) ever since. I find this case to be one of the most fascinating I've come across. I was in the Kern Hall of Records in Bakersfield the other day to request my marriage license and Lori was all I could think about! A piece of the mystery started in that very building. As I recall, someone inquired about who had requested BST's birth certificate at the time of the Seattle article but they discovered that information was long ago lost or destroyed.

I'm glad to read that there may be some light at the end of the tunnel with S/S lead. I hope one day someone writes an account of this case that gives justice to LER. Where some see selfishness in her final act, I see total and utter hopelessness. :( I can't help but have sympathy for her and I'd love to hear her full story one day.

This story makes me want to write a book about her! Talk about exposure!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Cedar Point is in Sandusky, OH. It is very popular as a vacation spot, sort of a Midwestern version of Disneyland/World without the mice or other cartoon characters. You can spend a day or several days there. It is known for its roller coasters as well.

Yes. It's only an hour drive from Cleveland ! ( 40 min)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but think that LEK was Lori Lee Berens.. The timing matches and putting the photos side by side the resemblance is pretty remarkable. Imo

I can't help but think that LEK was Lori Lee Berens.. The timing matches and putting the photos side by side the resemblance is pretty remarkable. Imo

This is a reasonable suggestion. LEK reportedly had distinctive hands. Can anyone see anything remarkable about Lori Lee Berens' hands?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435304370.018820.jpg

This is a reasonable suggestion. LEK reportedly had distinctive hands. Can anyone see anything remarkable about Lori Lee Berens' hands?

View attachment 77123
Is she missing a finger? I don't know. Kind of looks like that in pic. I haven't heard of Lori Lee Berens before. Going to go read about her.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

FWIW Lori Lee Berens hands look small, so probably not. However, the face (with weightloss, and there was some discusion of LEK's possible eating disorder) and height, the dates, could really match up.

View attachment 77123

LLB was already discussed in the Possible Matches thread. If people are posting possible matches it is best to post in that specific thread so that there are no repeats. LLB is Native Canadian (Aboriginal), FLEK is Caucasian.

LLB was already discussed in the Possible Matches thread. If people are posting possible matches it is best to post in that specific thread so that there are no repeats. LLB is Native Canadian (Aboriginal), FLEK is Caucasian.
Sorry I disagree. I believe any topic that keeps the thread going is important. Even if it was discussed a while ago.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I would agree if this was a busy thread. I would never think to just go and check the sub-threads, and I doubt anyone else will either. Actually, I didn't even know they existed.

Basically anyone posting info or new ideas that might be covered in a sub-thread, should not even post it there because it won't be seen. This is the General Discussion thread. If this possible match goes anywhere, the discussion can be directed to the sub-thread.

But I do appreciate your mention of these related threads. I will check them in the future should anyone else post a possible match in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23