WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
“The gaze is so strong,” said Dolezal in one of the videos. “This is all a white community where you have that sense of being an object that's viewed, so you're on display whenever you're out in public, so the only place you get a break from that is at home. And I think that's a fairly universal experience in very much majority white area for black women."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29325906/rachel-dolezal-lawsuit-howard-university

WTTG also reported that Dolezal had received three speeding tickets in Virginia, where she lived while attending school, in 2000, 2001, and 2003. All three court documents listed her race as white.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/1...ward-u-for-discrimination-claiming-was-white/

NICHOLAS K. GERANIOS Associated Press

"The woman who resigned as head of a local NAACP branch after her parents said she was white said Tuesday that she started identifying as black around the age of 5, when she drew self-portraits with a brown crayon, and "takes exception" to the contention that she tried to deceive people."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/rachel-dolezals-world-crumbles-racial-identity-flap-31792386

If she identifies as black why did she say she was white in the lawsuit? And whaddaheck is up with all the other lies? Does she identify as someone who was born in a teepee? Does she identify as a former South African resident? Does she identify as a victim of hate crimes? Does she identify as a professor?

She said published depictions described her first as "transracial," then "biracial," then as "a black woman."

"I never corrected that," she conceded, adding that "it's more complex than being true or false in that particular instance."

IOW, she fed the descriptions to the reporters and doesn't want to admit.

She seems to have a major problem understanding the concept of "true".

I still have a Mother's Day card my son made for me when he was around seven and it said "Happy Mother's Day! I love you like Spot". Spot was our dog. He didn't love me MORE than Spot, just as much. :hilarious:

O/T too funny Snoods!....you rate right up there with the dog! Adorable.....out of the mouth of babes lol! Prescious!

But given the fallout she has experienced since the controversy erupted last week, Dolezal said she would make the same choices if she had the chance.

She is not ashamed for lying.

"As much as this discussion has somewhat been at my expense recently, and in a very sort of viciously inhumane way come out of the woodwork, the discussion is really about what it is to be human," she said.

Maybe she can sue somebody.

"I hope that that can drive at the core of definitions of race, ethnicity, culture, self determination, personal agency and, ultimately, empowerment."

She's out to save the world again.

"I have a huge issue with blackface. This is not some freak "Birth of a Nation" mockery blackface performance," she said. "This is on a very real, connected level. How I've had to go there with the experience, not just a visible representation, but with the experience."
She had to manufacture hate crimes and victimhood experiences to feel connected.
She said she truly began identifying as black when she received custody of one of her brothers, Izaiah, who she now considers a son.

"He said, 'You're my real mom.' And he's in high school, and for that to be something that is plausible, I certainly can't be seen as white and be Isiah's mom," she said.

Why not?
She was the younger son's mom too while white.

http://www.today.com/news/rachel-do...how-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371

I object to them putting the 13yo on TV. He's probably got it hard enough without his pics everywhere.

For her to be able to show her face on TV after what she did,take A LOT of gall!
She will dig herself deeper with the new lies she will tell on these shows when people fact check them.
To her, bad attention is better than no attention!
I did not see the interviews.Did she present herself as a black or white woman?

True story:

I was having troubling adapting at my new school in middle school. My mom and dad were separated and I had gotten into some fights and had to see a school counselor.

She asked me to draw a picture of my family.

My mom is 5 foot even and my dad, myself and one of my brothers were taller than her.

When I drew my family, with everyone being the correct size, somehow or another the counselor got it in her head that I had issues with my mother and didnt respect her.

Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Sometimes drawing are just drawings and I think people read too much into them.

Neat story zappie, thanks for sharing it. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, but I've found, how it gets smoked depends who gets to hold it. This whole thing seems to be another symptom of a mind set that seems common enough in SM especially where 'show yourself' takes priority over 'know yourself'.

She had to manufacture hate crimes and victimhood experiences to feel connected.

Why not?

http://www.today.com/news/rachel-do...how-matt-lauer-after-naacp-resignation-t26371

I object to them putting the 13yo on TV. He's probably got it hard enough without his pics everywhere.

She can't see how it's possible to be the white mother of a black son? Really? How unevolved, especially for a woman who claims she's responsible for helping the whole human race move past those artificial distinctions.

Many white women have adopted black sons and daughters- her own mother included, and have managed just fine.

For those who haven't watched it yet, that documentary about Tania Head is a must-see. I watched it years ago and am still flabbergasted.

One small difference between Tania and Rachel, IIRC, is that Tania actually experienced real trauma, which may well have influenced her pathology later on.

A larger difference, IMO, is that Tania preyed on victims and survivors of 9/11 who were still in shock and incredibly vulnerable. What she did was beyond sickening.

Rachel? IMO she knows exactly what she's doing whether or not she has a "mental illness," knows how to game the system, is shameless, and because profits trump decency here in the USA, will be amply rewarded for her deceits.

For those who haven't watched it yet, that documentary about Tania Head is a must-see. I watched it years ago and am still flabbergasted.

One small difference between Tania and Rachel, IIRC, is that Tania actually experienced real trauma, which may well have influenced her pathology later on.

A larger difference, IMO, is that Tania preyed on victims and survivors of 9/11 who were still in shock and incredibly vulnerable. What she did was beyond sickening.

Rachel? IMO she knows exactly what she's doing whether or not she has a "mental illness," knows how to game the system, is shameless, and because profits trump decency here in the USA, will be amply rewarded for her deceits.

I see a book.

I just watch that a few months ago on Netflix.It is a must see!

She is 37. Way before then, most people have a sense of self awareness. You get input from self-perception and from what others tell you about yourself. It sounds as though people have been calling RD on her s...... for years.

It is possible to get wrong how you perceive yourself—most people do this in one way or another—but at 37 you can well be expected to be addressing how you interact with the world. And, yes, you can get your self-perception wrong because you have one of the conditions you perhaps should be perceiving; regardless, a mature person makes at least an effort to learn about their interface with the world.

It's also possible to get the wrong diagnosis from the mental health community. Nonetheless, she would have heard about her c****. And there is often still a sense that something is wrong: think Andrea Yates, as an extreme example. Society is generally quite forgiving if someone is not in touch with who they are because of some mental incapacity or because they've been misdiagnosed for years. But it can generally be expected that they have noticed they don't have the same way of handling the world as others do. Think: the mid-life adults who get diagnosed with Aspergers or dyslexia.

RD is aware she is "off": I just saw her on Today. No question in my mind: she is consciously manipulating her answers and she knows she is.

IMO
I agree with all this. And she knows right from wrong. My point is that I wonder if she can stop. I see her like a snowball rolling downhill

For her to be able to show her face on TV after what she did,take A LOT of gall!
She will dig herself deeper with the new lies she will tell on these shows when people fact check them.
To her, bad attention is better than no attention!
I did not see the interviews.Did she present herself as a black or white woman?

Black. She is unflinchingly staunch about that. And unrepentant about any bald-face lies or misunderstandings her words or actions may have caused to occur. It's everyone else's job to read between the lines of her transracial speak. Or whatever it is.

I tried to watch but I am physically, emotionally unable to continue. So much so wrong. So twisted.
I think that if I were in the presence of this person, I wouldn't leave, I'd RUN and never mind rational thought, just RUN.

Try not to think of the damage done, the loss of trust, it must be huge.

Why not?

Basically the reason for her being black was because her adopted brother said she was his "real" mom, so she had to be black for that to be plausible.

I really, really hate how she drags the kids into this.

Isn't this sort of passive-aggressively blaming the older "son" for everything?

Basically the reason for her being black was because her adopted brother said she was his "real" mom, so she had to be black for that to be plausible.

I really, really hate how she drags the kids into this.

Isn't this sort of passive-aggressively blaming the older "son" for everything?

I thought she claims that when she was five she already drew herself with brown crayons, meaning she already identified as black back then?

RD looked much darker today imo than when confronted on the street last week. I strongly agree that NBC shouldn't have shown the two young male Dolezal "props", which I have no doubt RD insisted be seen. She may fall under some category of mental illness, but it's one that includes an element of evil, remorseless, empathy-free intentionality to any in her way.

I tried to watch but I am physically, emotionally unable to continue. So much so wrong. So twisted.
I think that if I were in the presence of this person, I wouldn't leave, I'd RUN and never mind rational thought, just RUN.

Try not to think of the damage done, the loss of trust, it must be huge.

If I were in Matt's seat , I would scream
""""LIAR! LIAR!!!ALL your fake pants on fire!!!!!!!!!!"""

Well, here's a blistering report on the parents:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...watching-TV-reading-books-brother-claims.html

A few of my own thoughts on the article:
1. It takes 2-3 minutes to read a chapter of the Bible. Now, if he'd said "a whole book of the Bible"...that would be weird.
2. Considering what's on TV, I can't say that I blame them for not having one.
3. There are contradictions in this story - they weren't allowed to read vs. there were books in the house that they read.

So....I take the whole story with a grain of salt. I'm sure it has it's origins in truth, but I think a lot of it has been twisted (either by the kids or the DM) to show the parents in the worst light.

They didn't seem like religious zealots to me...but we only saw a glimpse of them on TV. Who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

I thought she claims that when she was five she already drew herself with brown crayons, meaning she already identified as black back then?

Yeah...she said she used the "brown" crayon vs. the "peach" colored one. Maybe she'd seen something in the black community she envied, or a black family she knew that she envied, and wanted to be like them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken