Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMJA does not astonish me. She is sick, twisted and evil. She is a lot of things I don't understand. What does astonish me is when people I accept as peers not only accept but welcome torture tactics, e.g., overwhelming heat and how much she must suffer. I am all for obeying the law, but to derive joy from ANY person's suffering is just wrong. I want her locked away, but in a way as humanely as possible.

There's always a way to look beneath the surface for deeper meanings if you care to. Using this an an example, on the surface it looks like normal people being shallow and mean-spirited in their enjoyment of anothers suffering. But I think what lies beneath this particular example is people seeking a sense of balance to her long-standing and stubborn denial of any responsibility for the incredible suffering she has caused so many others. In that sense it's an almost natural reaction, an attempt to acknowledge for her what she refuses to acknowledge, to be aware of her suffering and thus to believe that she too is aware of it and can at last acknowledge its cause, as she has so far so seemingly callously failed to do.

There's always a way to look beneath the surface for deeper meanings if you care to. Using this an an example, on the surface it looks like normal people being shallow and mean-spirited in their enjoyment of anothers suffering. But I think what lies beneath this particular example is people seeking a sense of balance to her long-standing and stubborn denial of any responsibility for the incredible suffering she has caused so many others. In that sense it's an almost natural reaction, an attempt to acknowledge for her what she refuses to acknowledge, to be aware of her suffering and thus to believe that she too is aware of it and can at last acknowledge its cause, as she has so far so seemingly callously failed to do.

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. She, and she alone, put herself where she is, and now for once- she must deal with it. Many, many other prisoners are experiencing the same situation. There happen to be many good, law abiding, hard working yet still poverty stricken people in this "great" nation of ours who cannot afford air or heat when it is necessary. I'll save my sadness and disgust for them.

CMJA does not astonish me. She is sick, twisted and evil. She is a lot of things I don't understand. What does astonish me is when people I accept as peers not only accept but welcome torture tactics, e.g., overwhelming heat and how much she must suffer. I am all for obeying the law, but to derive joy from ANY person's suffering is just wrong. I want her locked away, but in a way as humanely as possible.
BBM - Someone should have told the killer that before she said what she said at her sentencing hearing, when she clearly derived joy from twisting that knife into Travis' family, one last time. :moo:

Very well said and I couldn't agree more. She, and she alone, put herself where she is, and now for once- she must deal with it. Many, many other prisoners are experiencing the same situation. There happen to be many good, law abiding, hard working yet still poverty stricken people in this "great" nation of ours who cannot afford air or heat when it is necessary. I'll save my sadness and disgust for them.

Agree. Besides, when a murdering butcheress can stand before a Judge and courtroom full of people (especially Travis' family) and say what she did about Travis being alive when the knife went in, I have zero sympathy for any suffering she will endure in her miserable existence. She is pure evil. I hope she suffers daily.

Not me, as I wanted the death penalty. Like, as in, frying to death in a cage, in the yard. Swift, Sure, Severe, just punishment. Also, it wouldn't cost a thing.

Guess one might say, I'm no bleeding heart.

I get the feeling he's been chomping at the bit to let the world know he can't stand JA.

Not me, as I wanted the death penalty. Like, as in, frying to death in a cage, in the yard. Swift, Sure, Severe, just punishment. Also, it wouldn't cost a thing.

Guess one might say, I'm no bleeding heart.
Nor me! Join the club.
The time has long gone when she could have had the guts to own up to what she did, and in doing so maybe earn a small measure of compassion. She is in a hell entirely of her own making.

Nor me! Join the club.
The time has long gone when she could have had the guts to own up to what she did, and in doing so maybe earn a small measure of compassion. She is in a hell entirely of her own making.

Ooooh, so perfectly stated!

BBM - Someone should have told the killer that before she said what she said at her sentencing hearing, when she clearly derived joy from twisting that knife into Travis' family, one last time. :moo:

Jodi had a computer. A quick search would have revealed to her that if her plan went wrong and she was sent to prison that she'd be in Goodyear, AZ (Perryville) where it's hot as hell. She took that risk so I hope she suffers all of its consequences.

I don't think you'll find the answer anywhere among the gathered evidence, because I don't think they're related at all.

There are any number of possibilities. Maybe he started his work in the office at 2pm, and he wanted his computer scanned before he started, or maybe as I said before it was set that way because that was the time he originally installed it. I just don't think it's in any way related to the crime.

If for some reason you think it's pertinent to the crime, the only eventual conclusion you can come to is that it was a manual operation and either he or Arias was in the office doing it, which conflicts with the pictures. This means the pictures were faked, so let's explore that. If the pictures were faked, then it means she
wanted or expected the pictures to be found, which in turn means she wanted or expected the pictures of the murder to be found, since they were time-stamped the same day and form an admittedly broken time sequence. So by this logic, she wanted proof that she was in his house, that they were intimate, and that she murdered him, and she wanted it all time-stamped. That's so diametrically opposite to everything she did and said related to the crime otherwise that it makes no sense. All this not because Spybot scanned his computer at 1:40pm, but because we want to make it mean something it just doesn't.

One of my problems with the nudes is, they had to have been deleted before the shower pics were taken, as their files were overwritten to the point that only thumbnails of some of them were recoverable (Melendez mentions this when explaining why only thumbs could be recovered), so when did they all get deleted, and why, that's not in the timeline at all from prosecution or defense. Defense makes no mention of their deletion and prosecution says they were deleted when she deleted the shower/accidental photos, neither can be correct because the nude files were overwritten, imo.

One of my problems with the nudes is, they had to have been deleted before the shower pics were taken, as their files were overwritten to the point that only thumbnails of some of them were recoverable (Melendez mentions this when explaining why only thumbs could be recovered), so when did they all get deleted, and why, that's not in the timeline at all from prosecution or defense. Defense makes no mention of their deletion and prosecution says they were deleted when she deleted the shower/accidental photos, neither can be correct because the nude files were overwritten, imo.

I seem to recall Jodi mentioning in one of her interviews with Det. Flores that Travis and her would sometimes photograph their sexcapades and then go through them and delete most of them. It sounds like that's what happened here, nothing out of the ordinary.

If it's good enough for all the other prisoners, it's good enough for the convicted killer. This is not torture tactics, it's prison. Do the crime, do the time. She should have picked a different state to slaughter someone. Humane? Like what she did to Travis? It's only hot weather, she'll survive.

Jodi had a computer. A quick search would have revealed to her that if her plan went wrong and she was sent to prison that she'd be in Goodyear, AZ (Perryville) where it's hot as hell. She took that risk so I hope she suffers all of its consequences.

Prophetically, she projected what would happen in her interrogation with Flores: "If I hurt Travis, my life is over."

I interpret her motivation differently. Psychopaths are practically incapable of being sensitive to the feelings of others, which is obvious enough, and that alone supports your statement fully, but I don't think her motivation was quite that simple.

Psychopaths also have a need to be in control at all times, and as fully as possible as circumstances permit. They feel they are omnipotent, in a sense, because since only they are real (to themselves), if omnipotence exists, it naturally defaults onto them.

The situation that Jodi was in in that moment was one of utter helplessness, not omnipotence. Her entire fate was held in the hand of another, so she was floundering, flailing in her mind for any sense of control she could find.

The prosecutions recall of Travis' last moment brought back to her mind that time when she was, in her mind, in total control; Travis' life was in her hands. Do you see the contrast of that situation to her present one? It's almost the exact opposite, and she was almost compelled to try to counteract the one with the other. The fact that the prosecution had brought it up was a convenience for her to bring it up, for it to sound, in her mind, like a logical addendum to their concerns. The effect it would have on their feelings wasn't under her consideration - she's not capable of even having those considerations, so she didn't say it in anticipation of their pain, she said it because she was trying to resurrect that control.

Bravo Steve44. You hit the nail on the head

And all the generations that went before us when AC & heat were not available to anyone.

I only agree that most non violent prisoners should be treated humanely, but when it comes to vicious killers like CMJA, I see nothing wrong in wishing her the worst treatment possible. She is unrepentant and still trying to hurt the family. She needs to suffer, you think people in hell aren't suffering? What is your opinion of the humanity of Hell? People are and will suffer in that place. Is God not humane in your opinion? I don't mean to be disagreeable but I fail to understand your point of view on vicious killers. Run of the mill prisoners should be treated humanely just not the CMJA kind. Do you see where I am coming from?

Yes, like the omnipotence she felt when she thought she would never be caught, charged & convicted for Travis' murder, the complete confidence exibited in her "no jury will ever convict me" statement, having the gall to attend his memorial service in Mesa, then getting a guy's phone number on the flight home (probably another lie). She doesn't think like the rest of us due to her psychopathy. The universe revolves around her. She actually believes her own lies, but what we identify as lies are her reality.
She'll do fine in prison, where of course many of her cell mates are just like her. But I have said it before, if she feels she has lost control over time this will get to her and she will committ suicide.

I only agree that most non violent prisoners should be treated humanely, but when it comes to vicious killers like CMJA, I see nothing wrong in wishing her the worst treatment possible. She is unrepentant and still trying to hurt the family. She needs to suffer, you think people in hell aren't suffering? What is your opinion of the humanity of Hell? People are and will suffer in that place. Is God not humane in your opinion? I don't mean to be disagreeable but I fail to understand your point of view on vicious killers. Run of the mill prisoners should be treated humanely just not the CMJA kind. Do you see where I am coming from?

Jodi is experiencing the same heat as the woman who forged a check two cell blocks over. Jodi will suffer it for life and the check forger will suffer it for two years. Choices/consequences

I have been far far away from thinking of jodi lately soooo what's going on with the restitution hearing?

Feel like I've been living under a rock,haven't been on WS for so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, like the omnipotence she felt when she thought she would never be caught, charged & convicted for Travis' murder, the complete confidence exibited in her "no jury will ever convict me" statement, having the gall to attend his memorial service in Mesa, then getting a guy's phone number on the flight home (probably another lie). She doesn't think like the rest of us due to her psychopathy. The universe revolves around her. She actually believes her own lies, but what we identify as lies are her reality.
She'll do fine in prison, where of course many of her cell mates are just like her. But I have said it before, if she feels she has lost control over time this will get to her and she will committ suicide.

Interesting. What do you mean by control over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993