GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one here who thinks this is actually a good thing? They are going to try Hemy again. I have a feeling that since he's been sitting in that cage doing some thinking for the past few years his feelings for AS have changed, and he'll probably mount a defense that will FINALLY reveal what her involvement in Rusty's murder was.

That was my immediate thought. If Hemy has any incriminating evidence tending to show Andrea was complicit in the murder (versus the affair) this is his one opportunity to play that card to his advantage. Facing the expense and effort of a second trial, and possible unavailability of witnesses, the State is negotiating from a position of relative weakness, and if Hemy can provide them valuable information that would enable them to pursue a murder or conspiracy charge against Andrea then Hemy might find himself in a nice bargaining position for the new trial as compared to the first trial. A couple of things, however: even without Andrea's testimony, there is overwhelming evidence of Hemy's guilt and his mental illness claim always seemed shaky to me (I was shocked the first jury bought into it at all) so he's still not coming from a position of strength. Additionally, Hemy needs to provide good solid evidence, not just recollection, because he has placed his sanity in question so I would assume his testimony would have a questionable basis in fact and would be subject to an extremely high degree of scrutiny. There must be independent corroboration or they won't get a conviction. Thirdly, the DA needs to think long and hard about whether he even wants to go down that road with Andrea. This has been such a vortex for everyone involved--any missteps will only add to the agony of Rusty's family of origin and I doubt Robert James wants to inflict any further pain on them in the pursuit of a conviction that seems unlikely. JMO

http://m.dailyreportonline.com/module/alm/app/dro.do#!/article/1746690093
Reversal of Neuman Verdict Cements Privilege, Prompts Other Questions
One of those questions, Sadow said, is whether the jury in the first trial was allowed to reject guilty as a conviction option. If so, "then that murder charge would no longer permit a verdict of guilty [at retrial] because then you'd have what's called double jeopardy," he said. "So there may be a situation where the state cannot obtain a guilty verdict on murder, only leaving guilty but mentally ill or not guilty by reason of insanity."

"Obviously, Mrs. Sneiderman will not testify at retrial," Sadow said. "So, is her prior testimony admissible? I can see a situation where you'd have the prosecutor trying to put it in and the defense counsel arguing it can't come in because she perjured herself."

Would someone please explain to me why Hemy would even WANT a new trial? IMO he was lucky to get guilty but mentally ill. He can't really think they will go for not guilty?

(I confess, I secretly hope he wants a retrial because he has seen the light and is ready to come clean about AS orchestrating this, but I know that's probably a pipe dream!)

And I realize they are just grasping at straws for a reversal, but the two docs that they are protesting the notes being entered from found him too mentally ill to know right from wrong--which is precisely what the defense wanted. I can't find any articles that explain exactly how those notes "injured" him or why they wouldn't want those notes to be entered into evidence again.

Thanks ATL. I bet you he will wish he wouldn't have gotten a new trial. He is going DOWN. I only wish Andrea did too.

Nearly six years after Rusty Sneiderman was murdered outside of a Dunwoody daycare, the man who admitted to the murder is preparing for a retrial.

Hemy Neuman's mental health at the time of the November 2010 murder will, again, be a central issue at trial.

Wednesday, Neuman appeared in court with a long, gray beard. DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Gregory Adams granted the prosecutors' request to have a state's expert reevaluate Hemy Neuman's mental health. That expert's report must be shared with Neuman's public defenders by noon on July 11th.
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/hemy-neumans-mental-health-an-issue-heading-into-retrial/245121935

Unbelievable...But then again not totally surprised with this justice system...

There are only two reasons HN wants a new trial.

1. Andrea will have to tell the truth this time which will result in new charges being brought against her.
She can't tell the same story or a similiar story as it has been proven she lied.

2. HN will get his life sentence changed so he will be eligible for parole.
This retrial is to point fingers at AS to prove the part she really played. HN does not like the fact he is in a cage for life while AS plays "little miss innocent". He wants the life sentence dropped and a new sentence of Life with Parole or a set number of years he is to serve.

My opinions only.

attachment.php

Retrial beings tomorrow for Hemy Neuman, charged with killing lover's husband at daycare, details @ 11 #11Alive
https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryan11Alive/status/759942743078555648

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 83
Wow, can't believe I missed this update. I hope somebody here will be providing updates! This was a crazy case. Still can't believe AS got away with it. Hopefully, if she was indeed involved, justice will prevail finally.

Also hoping since he's getting a new trial and if AS was involved that it does come out.

I'm getting a new thread ready in preparation for Hemy Neuman's new trial. This thread will be closing in about 10 minutes.

Wow, his looks have surely changed!

This IS a snarky remark - AS lied so easily at the first trial, looking at him now should make it ten times easier to lie as he certainly has aged!

Here's hoping she trips herself up. After this many years of AS being free, my guess is she would have boxed all the events around the murder into a space in her brain and forgotten most of them. Whose memory is perfect years later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong