NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people don't understand that a prison is like a powder keg ready to go off at any time as it is. Things like tv's, radios, privileges, vocational programs, religious services, relieve the pressure a bit. Take it all away...kaboom.

I'm not saying there would not be prisons with day rooms with one tv, but you can imagine that one tv for a number of inmates could easily be a problem. There may be a day room with a tv for prisoners who can't afford their own tv as well.

They have TV's in solitary in AZ. (Arias) They're just tiny little 9" thingees that they have to buy from the commissary, which bring in just a few approved channels. They're only allowed to have 2 electric appliances. Most choose TV and a fan.

Lyle's attorney revealed Tillie and Lyle's timeline the night of the escape. If it's a true account, my suspicions that Tillie actually did show up to be the getaway driver and then drove herself to the hospital when they weren't there were wrong. According to his lawyer, Lyle took her.

There was also more than one Richard Matt original hanging in their house. :yuck:

On the night of the escape, Dumas said, the couple left work, "drove through town, stopped at the Chinese restaurant here in town, had dinner, drove home. As they were driving home Joyce said she was having some chest pains, some flushing in her face, so he decided he was going to take her to the hospital."

[...]

When Lyle Mitchell got back home from the hospital, he "slept for about four hours, came back to the hospital and spent the morning with Joyce," Dumas said. "Subsequently, the police started contacting him, started asking some questions. At that point, he didn't realize Joyce was involved. He just thought they were just following up on all the employees in the area."

After further questioning from investigators, Lyle Mitchell began slowly realizing his wife was being suspected of playing a role in the prisoners' escape, he added.

"He didn't really get all the blanks filled until Joyce came out after making her statement and told them everything, at which point he was just in shock," Dumas said.

[...]

Matt also gave Joyce two paintings, including one of her dogs, Dumas said, adding that Lyle Mitchell knew about them and apparently didn't want a third painting done because he thought it was inappropriate.

[...]

As for divorce, Lyle Mitchell hasn't talked about it yet, Dumas said.

"I'm sure it's a question that's looming on his mind, as much as it's looming on everyone else's," he said. "I just don't know if he's going to go through with it right off."

More at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-pr...ll-accused-helping-convicts/story?id=31865459

Here is the transcript for Wolf yesterday at 1:30 but I don't see it right offhand.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/10/wolf.02.html
Found it!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/17/wolf.01.html

BLITZER: I know you found some food wrappers, some matted grass. Do you believe that was part of these two guys, these two killers? Do you think that was related?

[13:10:02] FAVRO: We're certainly hoping that it was. We had a little relief there that we thought we were going to get something. It is still being analyzed. But there's -- there was no immediate proof that came from those wrappers or from that bedding or anything that would give us concrete reason to believe that they're here or that they are elsewhere. But we're hoping for that lucky break.

BLITZER: I know you found some food wrappers, some matted grass. Do you believe that was part of these two guys, these two killers? Do you think that was related?

[13:10:02] FAVRO: We're certainly hoping that it was. We had a little relief there that we thought we were going to get something. It is still being analyzed. But there's -- there was no immediate proof that came from those wrappers or from that bedding or anything that would give us concrete reason to believe that they're here or that they are elsewhere.

Lyle's attorney revealed Tillie and Lyle's timeline the night of the escape. If it's a true account, my suspicions that Tillie actually did show up to be the getaway driver and then drove herself to the hospital when they weren't there were wrong. According to his lawyer, Lyle took her.

There was also more than one Richard Matt original hanging in their house. :yuck:

More at link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-pr...ll-accused-helping-convicts/story?id=31865459

Wow, so Tilley's panic attack gives her a pretty airtight alibi. How convenient.

Wow, so Tilley's panic attack gives her a pretty airtight alibi. How convenient.

Yeah, I mean, it sounds like she and Lyle left work and she came down with her panic attack on the way home and so Lyle took her to the hospital to spend the night, then left and went home, during which time the men escaped and Lyle slept and Tilly panicked in the hospital. I wonder if she was surprised the next day when Lyle was still alive, or if she assumed that since she wasn't the getaway driver, he would be safe? That had to be a really crazy night to be in Tilly's head. Crazier than normal I mean.

I thought Lyle's lawyer said that the inmates threatened to kill Lyle if she didn't help them. (from TV, no quote)

Found it!

[13:10:02] FAVRO: We're certainly hoping that it was. We had a little relief there that we thought we were going to get something. It is still being analyzed. But there's -- there was no immediate proof that came from those wrappers or from that bedding or anything that would give us concrete reason to believe that they're here or that they are elsewhere. But we're hoping for that lucky break.

OK, what I'm getting from this statement is that they couldn't prove that the food wrappers were left by the 2 killers (even though the brand sold in the prison) (even though the dogs led them to the spot) -- in other words, perhaps they didn't find fingerprints on the wrappers? What are they still being analyzed for? It would be odd if there were NO fingerprints on a food wrapper. Also, I noted in his wording the present tense "to believe that they're here" -- well, if he said that yesterday, well yeah, maybe they were there a week ago, but probably not now.

Investigation Discovery channel is showing an hour long episode of Prison Break right now all about this case. I can't believe that happened so fast....

OK, what I'm getting from this statement is that they couldn't prove that the food wrappers were left by the 2 killers (even though the brand sold in the prison) (even though the dogs led them to the spot) -- in other words, perhaps they didn't find fingerprints on the wrappers? What are they still being analyzed for? It would be odd if there were NO fingerprints on a food wrapper. Also, I noted in his wording the present tense "to believe that they're here" -- well, if he said that yesterday, well yeah, maybe they were there a week ago, but probably not now.
I think looking for fingerprints as well as touch DNA would be the analyzing. Also they would be able to trace bar codes back to the point of purchase with help from the manufacturer and distributor.

Eta/ I wonder if they will be releasing those results!

Is it normal for hospitalization for a panic attack?
Our hospital will keep you for suicide attempt but I asked around and panic attacks are usually
take this pill, go home relax and see your PCP in the morning.

The brand sold in a prison commissary is same you'd be able to buy at a gas station or convenience store or grocery store...they sell brands like Hershey's or Snickers.

Is it normal for hospitalization for a panic attack?
Our hospital will keep you for suicide attempt but I asked around and panic attacks are usually
take this pill, go home relax and see your PCP in the morning.

Maybe they thought it was something else at first and decided to keep watch on her - or the Mitchells insisted.

Maybe they thought it was something else at first and decided to keep watch on her - or the Mitchells insisted.

She said she chickened out from the plan and went to the hospital, but I'm wondering if she really DID have chest pains. What I mean is that maybe she intended to show up as planned but her health scare prevented her. Maybe the dinner out with her hubby as a "last meal" for him.

Total speculation, but it seems like her panic attack was real enough that she and her husband thought it could be a heart attack. It doesn't seem like something she made up.

Now that everything fell apart, she is claiming she was too scared to go through with it. But that could be a lie.

JMO, could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members