CA CA - Bryce Laspisa, 19, Castaic, 30 Aug 2013 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, my point about the ex-LE uncle's initial comments about the burned body remain an important first impression that it "very likely was" BL - the uncle, based on what he knew about BL & the days leading up to his "disappearance", thought it was BL - important to note, IMVHO. He DIDN'T say no, BL would never do such a thing or his parents assure me he would never do such a thing.

Actually, my point about the ex-LE uncle's initial comments about the burned body remain an important first impression that it "very likely was" BL - the uncle, based on what he knew about BL & the days leading up to his "disappearance", thought it was BL - important to note, IMVHO. He DIDN'T say no, BL would never do such a thing or his parents assure me he would never do such a thing.

BL would never do what thing? The amount of people who commit suicide by fire are few and far between, so I find it hard to believe that the uncle assumed the death of the corpse was from suicide. If you find a dead male body right in the area where you are searching for a missing male, chances are good it is the person you are looking for. That's why I think the uncle thought it was Bryce. It just happened to be a major coincidence it wasn't Bryce.

I definitely think Bryce may have committed suicide, but the uncle's words about the burned body mean nothing IMO.

BL would never do what thing?

RSBM - Commit suicide.

The uncle DIDN'T say no, BL would never commit suicide or his parents assure me BL would never commit suicide.

Could also be that the uncle knew BL could have been into something that involved shady characters, and possibly dangerous.

Just my read on all that has been disclosed to date.

RSBM - Commit suicide.

The uncle DIDN'T say no, BL would never commit suicide or his parents assure me BL would never commit suicide.

Could also be that the uncle knew BL could have been into something that involved shady characters, and possibly dangerous.

Just my read on all that has been disclosed to date.

You misunderstood me. I know you meant commit suicide (see my second sentence). My point was, why would he mention or suspect suicide when a burning body was found? I would be way more surprised if he did mention suicide in that situation than if he did not. Jmo.

Because first something "truly awful" happened in Chico or near his apartment - he was taking one drug that we know about; his roommate texted BL something to effect of not throwing in towel, people who love you; erratic behavior on what should have been a maybe 6 hr drive turned into many unexplained/unaccounted for hours; cops called TWICE to hunt him down & check for drugs; then there was evidence of acceleration marks near the ?cell? tower take off spot at Castaic Lake; failed to drive into lake ... the young man sounded like he was on a crash course and anything was possible and perhaps that's what the uncle thought as well. JMO

... and why the lake continues to be left un-re-searched, since the very earliest days and now with lake levels at lowest, remains beyond me ... if there is a very good and justified reason for this, IIRC it has not been revealed beyond the family's "belief", "hope", "prayer" ...

... still would like to hear MKlaas' honest opinion on this case ...

... could one just choose, for the rest of their life, to live in denial? TIA

... and while intentionally stringing 16,000+ hopeful and prayerful followers along for the ride? TIA

... at what point does MKlaas have an obligation to publicly come forward with his honest opinion on a case, despite the case family? TIA

... surely i'm not the only frustrated long term follower of this now cold, and becoming colder case? Am I off base on my thinking? TIA

... surely i'm not the only frustrated long term follower of this now cold, and becoming colder case? Am I off base on my thinking? TIA

Quester:

I'm also very frustrated by this case. I'm 100% positive there's more to the story that we're not privy to. How much more remains to be seen. I was told by an unnamed source (consider it rumor if you want) that BL contacted his dad after rolling the car looking for some help/advice and dad told BL he was on his own and needed to fix the problem on his own. Obviously I don't know what the exact words were that were used by dad but supposedly that's the gist of the conversation. The rumor mill also has BL happily living in the Chicago area, his old stomping grounds.

I don't know what's fact or fiction but I hope to someday learn that Bryce is happy and safe regardless of the initial circumstances. Fortunately for BL enough time has passed and people have moved on so it would be super easy for him to come back and live his life without getting grilled too much by the public. Heck, maybe he's already resurfaced but has been able to stay under the radar and away from the press. That would be fabulous!

Thanks la2cabo!

I find it very difficult to believe BL is living, anywhere on this earth. I know it's not impossible but just seems highly unlikely given the circumstances leading up to his "disappearance" - and if he is alive, that not one person has stepped forward to reveal such a thing given the search for him.

Many of these same suspicions and rumors were also bounced around on the LLomax case, which the BL case appears to mirror in so many ways, IMVHO. Sweet Linnea was found a few months after she went missing; she had been hospitalized and just started a course of drugs; on her first day of out-patient treatment she left at lunch time, made her way across the river to a treed area next to the river and hanged herself. A few short months later, in a search with MKlaas group, her mother found Linnea.

Perhaps it's time the Laspisas again contact MKlaas or one of the specialize groups in water search and recovery. JMO

It would drive me mad, sitting, waiting and sending facebook "friends" to hunt down every random red haired young man that anyone spots anywhere.

Well written post. Sad but IMHO most likely and realistic assessment. Bryce's mental well being was just SO "off" that reasonable possibilities seem impossible. Quester: you said all there is to say. :sigh:
Thanks la2cabo!

I find it very difficult to believe BL is living, anywhere on this earth. I know it's not impossible but just seems highly unlikely given the circumstances leading up to his "disappearance" - and if he is alive, that not one person has stepped forward to reveal such a thing given the search for him.

Many of these same suspicions and rumors were also bounced around on the LLomax case, which the BL case appears to mirror in so many ways, IMVHO. Sweet Linnea was found a few months after she went missing; she had been hospitalized and just started a course of drugs; on her first day of out-patient treatment she left at lunch time, made her way across the river to a treed area next to the river and hanged herself. A few short months later, in a search with MKlaas group, her mother found Linnea.

Perhaps it's time the Laspisas again contact MKlaas or one of the specialize groups in water search and recovery. JMO

It would drive me mad, sitting, waiting and sending facebook "friends" to hunt down every random red haired young man that anyone spots anywhere.

I think it would be interesting to consider again the possibility that he was hijacked while sleeping, the perps took his car on a joyride, chased him on foot to the lake after a crash, caught up to him and forced him into their uncrashed auto, then drove away with him. After that...... =/

Concluding suicide is not feasible with no evidence. I agree the lake needs to be searched to rule suicide in, or out.

Four things I would do:
1. Search the lake while the rare opportunity of low water levels permit it.
2. Do a low level air search of the area surrounding the lake for about ten miles or more.
3. Re-interview the tow truck driver who brought Bryce gas.
4. Get to the bottom of the insinuations & allusions that Bryce walked away to live another life and why there is such dogged resistance to searching the lake.

In my 50+ years of doing this, the moment someone tells me "no, you cannot look there" I start looking there as soon as I possibly can. I learned that lesson early on when looking for a missing VA hospital patient. I was told, "you cannot go look on the other side of that fence as it is off VA property" and no longer in the authorized search area. I followed orders. A couple of months later the patients remains were found 100 yards past that gate. I will never make that mistake again. It has paid off more often than not.

I also remember from the early days of this case, after some intensive lake searching, that we were told LE had asked the L family if any of BL's weights for weight lifting had been missing from his apartment - LE's suspicion most likely was that BL may have somehow attached weights to himself prior to entering the lake. Now, LE of course had to rule out possibilities but with everything else that is known ...

IIRC, we were told no weights were missing ...

I'd like to hear the roommate's full accounting of the days leading up to BL's "disappearance". JMO

Perhaps, early on, the roommate was looked at with too much suspicion?

Wouldn't BL's "true friends" want this case advanced and solved?

Wish they would step forward if they could help their friend / resolve this case. JMVHO

Couldn't a "true friend" of BL sign up and post anonymously here on Websleuths?

I think it would be interesting to consider again the possibility that he was hijacked while sleeping, the perps took his car on a joyride, chased him on foot to the lake after a crash, caught up to him and forced him into their uncrashed auto, then drove away with him. After that...... =/

Concluding suicide is not feasible with no evidence. I agree the lake needs to be searched to rule suicide in, or out.

There has been no revealed info to suggest there was a hijacking/joyride/kidnapping. And, there were/are cameras at entry to lake area and we learned there were/are cameras at the lake.

As far as we know, BL was in his SUV at the lake, alone and there were acceleration marks at the take off spot next to the cell tower ... also, group of LE were lining up in their vehicles at very nearby marina entry gate for early start fishing tournament, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam