NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that Matt & Sweat didn't find any weapons lying around. I'll be very relieved if the hunt ends without any LE or innocent civilians being killed.

My original theory that the escapees were long gone was almost certainly dead wrong.

That's my biggest fear. Now if LE has to take these 2 out have at er. People in those search areas deserve to rest easy and get their lives back.

bumping for those who didnt see it... read all the comments to that comment as well.

Thank you. I missed the important parts earlier. Wow. If 2 of those rumors are true then this is going to get more crazy.

The rumors that interest me the most is the rumor about a possible gun being stolen and the rumor about who owned that cabin. Definitely a rumor for now but very incredible rumor.

I believe the term 'camp' came to use in the Adirondacks from The Great Camps of the Adirondacks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Camps

The great camps of the Adirondack Mountains[1] refers to the grandiose family compounds of cabins that were built in the latter half of the nineteenth century on lakes in the Adirondacks

Today, a 'camp' can be anything from a hunting cabin with no power to a beautifully landscaped summer home.

IMO

I really hope that Matt & Sweat didn't find any weapons lying around. I'll be very relieved if the hunt ends without any LE or innocent civilians being killed.

My original theory that the escapees were long gone was almost certainly dead wrong.

Well, the person that is posting this about the camp being owned by several CO's, one in particular this Gene Palmer guy, also said that a rifle was missing.

But there are reports that the guy who ACTUALLY went to this camp and discovered this stuff - I am assuming the owner? - said he stores no weapons there.

Conflicting reports, to say the least.

Mine too. But I'm still holding onto my theory that Tillie was plan zero. Especially if they had this cabin planned out with other correction officer(s), they weren't going anywhere with her. She'd be dead weight and (obviously) a weak link. MOO

Thank you. I missed the important parts earlier. Wow. If 2 of those rumors are true then this is going to get more crazy.

The rumors that interest me the most is the rumor about a possible gun being stolen and the rumor about who owned that cabin. Definitely a rumor for now but very incredible rumor.

I don't really find it all that surprising since the prison is one of the biggest employers up in that area, so the odds of a camp being owned by COs doesn't seem all that implausible as just a coincidence.

Do these cabins or "camps" have electricity? I am a big city girl so woods and mountains and cabins are all foreign concepts to me. :blushing:

Could they have been watching the news this entire time in that cabin?

Most nicer hunting cabins will have a generator at a minimum if they dont have electricity but again it would depend on if the people would leave it there or haul it in each time they visit.

A generator comes in all sizes and runs on gasoline to provide electricity for like a TV and lights.
The smaller ones are easy to haul. The larger ones would most likely be left at the cabin if they had a big generator.

And of course they could have had normal power line too.

They are all different. The diversity of hunting cabins runs the gammit from Deluxe to Crappy. :)

I can try since years ago when I was younger I spent lots of time hunting woods with friends.

The bottom line is they vary greatly in quality, size, condition, etc. Each "hunting cabin" is going to be different than another. Some are very nice and modern and well equipped and some are beat up old shacks. So unless we get a picture of it, we will need more description of where they were holed up.

Since a group owned it, those are usually the more nicer ones because a group usually volunteers to go to it each season and everyone helps chip in to fix it up and do chores.

It sounds to me that that particular one was probably a pretty decent cabin. The hunters who own it typically will keep some basic supplies at the cabin like canned food, water, bug spray, lighter fluid, etc.

What worries me about who owned it was they may have even left a weapon with ammo there.

Usually guns are not kept at a cabin though because theft is a problem all cabin owners have to deal with. But some of the nicer ones are locked up pretty tight and I have seen people leave cheaper type guns at a cabin before. The ones they dont mind missing if it ends up stolen.

The term "Hunting Camp" is used loosely and sometimes used to describe the whole place. Some people will use tents when they go hunting and would call their place a hunting camp like a true campsite. But even Hunting Cabins are called Hunting Camps by some.

Its just a loose term for the whole place and area around where they are staying to hunt.

They may or may not have electricity or running water/inside toilet. I read somewhere that this particular one isn't accessible by road (I guess hike in or use an ATV to access), so I'm assuming it's pretty rustic. But it apparently had both a front and back entrance, (or maybe just a window in back?) and I guess 2 or more rooms, since the owner came in the front door, saw the peanut butter and jug of water on the table, called out, and the intruder ran out the back.

Maybe Sweat & Matt heard about the cabin from the CO's, through conversation, and knew that was a place to head too.

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but apparently Gene Palmer is the lead singer in a local band in Plattsburgh.

Reading on their FB page, the band had to cancel a couple of their scheduled gigs because Gene became unavailable to play. One of the band members gave the explanation that Gene was unable to play as he was too busy working at the prison due to the recent prison escape.

Their band's name is "Just Us", their page is public and can be found by searching Facebook.

Mine too. But I'm still holding onto my theory that Tillie was plan zero. Especially if they had this cabin planned out with other correction officer(s), they weren't going anywhere with her. She'd be dead weight and (obviously) a weak link. MOO

Exactly! The reporter who is reporting this cabin is owned by "several CO's" reported an hour or two before that Tilly was their one and only plan.

So which is it? Tilly their one and only plan...or they had a cabin they knew about that would be perfect for them from the now on Admin Leave CO??

Maybe Sweat & Matt heard about the cabin from the CO's, through conversation, and knew that was a place to head too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he drew the cabin for someone who worked at hte prison from a photo that they gave to him and gave it to them as a gift.

(note this is completely smarty-pants style commentary, don't bother reading into it LOL)

Thank you so much everyone for your "camp" and cabin info!!

Does anyone know if the camps/cabins in that area are spread out? If there were lights or a TV on inside, are they far enough apart and/or remote enough that a neighboring cabin wouldn't notice?

I wonder if you can zoom in on google maps to see. Do we have an address?

I need help on finding the FB you all are talking about, please.

Exactly! The reporter who is reporting this cabin is owned by "several CO's" reported an hour or two before that Tilly was their one and only plan.

So which is it? Tilly their one and only plan...or they had a cabin they knew about that would be perfect for them from the now on Admin Leave CO??

As the editor of the Press-Republican I suspect she's got two or more reporters on the line right now, or in her office, and she's asking them the same thing right now. She probably is tweeting whatever each person reports in with as it comes in. JMO

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but apparently Gene Palmer is the lead singer in a local band in Plattsburgh.

Reading on their FB page, the band had to cancel a couple of their scheduled gigs because Palmer had become unavailable to play. One of the band members gave the explanation that Gene was unable to play as he was too busy working at the prison due to the recent prison escape.

Their band's name is "Just Us", their page is public and can be found by searching Facebook.

Yup! Gene Palmer was the guitarist in the band. I have to wonder if he supplied the guitar case.

Wait... Is that guitar case sighting the first night even a fact anymore?

Originally Posted by GGE
This is a good time for anyone who saw my post about reading that facebook comment but DIDN"T read it, to go ahead on over there and read it. It's got a specific comment about a specific person who may have specifically been an owner of that vacation.. i mean.. hunting cabin.
Quote Originally Posted by GGE
If I"m doing this wrong please moderator delete.

I don't normally do facebook here on WS.

This is an MSM facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/5WPTZ

If you scroll down the page you will see a photo of a watch tower at Clinton Correctional and see the headline "Corrections officer placed on leave received painting done by escapee".

If you look at the comments under that you will see a comment by a male named CL which is, for WS purposes, considered RUMOR at best I think, but which helps shed light on this search of the cabin in Owl's Head that led to finding DNA of Sweat, etc.

I think almost everyone following this thread might find it interesting if not fascinating. JMO.

ETA - it touches on the CO being on vacation as well. Very interesting JMO. Well worth the read. IMO. seriously.

pulling forward for those asking about the fb page, which is MSM but the comments under it are not which is why we can't discuss them here.

Reading on their FB page, the band had to cancel a couple of their scheduled gigs because Gene became unavailable to play. One of the band members gave the explanation that Gene was unable to play as he was too busy working at the prison due to the recent prison escape.

Does he play any instruments? Hope he doesn't play guitar like Sweat...

O, see Andalso's post ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member