NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On CNN - Erin Burnet Out Front - Reporter from the Press-Republican says his source says they're setting up a perimeter around the search area and the big push will come in the next day or two to flush them out. He was told the man who went to the cabin first saw something on the porch that looked like a duffle bag, and yelled inside to get someone to run out and said there were two people exiting the camp out of what is actually the front because the only way to approach the cabin is from the back.

so presumably this cabin owner wasn't aware that the escaped prisoners may be in the area, hence the reason he didn't back up outta there & alert police?

so presumably this cabin owner wasn't aware that the escaped prisoners may be in the area, hence the reason he didn't back up outta there & alert police?

Makes one wonder, doesn't it? Surely if he knew he would have had someone go in with him.

He had a handgun and came in on an ATV. A group of CO's were leasing the camp, not owners.

Makes one wonder, doesn't it? Surely if he knew he would have had someone go in with him.

He knew, he was a corrections officer, he had a handgun. He approached and yelled for them to come out and they ran and he alerted LE shortly thereafter as I understand it (I don't know how long it took).

The cabin owner may have BEEN police. We haven't verified who owns it yet.

I think that the tools may have been left without blades/bits/etc. So getting them just those small pieces would be enough. I know that doesn't explain how they got through the first cell wall though.

This is day 17 :confused:

That's right, but 11 days ago would have been the scent the dogs caught at the gas station and tracked out into the woods east of prison, and then several credible sightings around Cringle/Ryan road area. There's power lines going through that area -- I think they followed those to the southern tip of Chazy Lake and hooked up with the lines leading to where the cabin is. And I agree with above poster, they've probably been cabin hopping.

CIJEmn-WcAQb0M6.jpg

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360 4m4 minutes ago

This is the scene at a police checkpoint in #OwlsHead. Latest on #PrisonBreakNY #manhunt on special 2 hr #AC360 8p

His wife, Nancy, said the dwelling is a bunk-house-style cabin leased by a group of people.

It has few amenities, she said.

It is equipped with a sink, gas stove and wood stove, and the only electricity is provided by a generator.

In addition, Mrs. Stockwell said, there is an outhouse.

"There's no phone," she added.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_fdeb0a50-aaf4-53f4-a736-cd23810ad2ae.html

We do know who it belongs to. It's being leased by a group of corrections officers and the one who came upon these guys there on Saturday is John Stockwell, a CO at a different nearby facility in Malone.

There is no way he didn't know about this situation IMO. Sounds like he went up there prepared but not really expecting anything. JMO.

Reason Matt & Sweat were given so many privileges

is that both escapees were Snitches!

CNN reporter on Wolf: His source tells him^^

Matt was a snitch YEARS ago, when he was a teen -- he was in and out of trouble and jail, but was regularly used by detectives for information.

really? you're brave I wouldn't be going anywhere near mine until they were either caught or I was VERY confident that they were long gone from the area

I'm with you!! If I had a house or cabin up there, you wouldn't be able to get me there with a team of mules pulling me!!!!!!!!!!

Master manipulator. Apparently it was still working for him!!!!!!!!!

He had a handgun and came in on an ATV. A group of CO's were leasing the camp, not owners.

He knew, he was a corrections officer, he had a handgun. He approached and yelled for them to come out and they ran and he alerted LE shortly thereafter as I understand it (I don't know how long it took).

The cabin owner may have BEEN police. We haven't verified who owns it yet.

right but why would he yell after spotting the dufflebag ... why would he not get the heck outta dodge, regardless of whether he was a renter/owner/CO/police/had a handgun

I suppose everyone reacts differently when startled but personally, I would back up as quietly as possible and hope whoever was in the cabin didn't hear/see me and then scoot quickly out of the woods to safety

right but why would he yell after spotting the dufflebag ... why would he not get the heck outta dodge, regardless of whether he was a renter/owner/CO/police/had a handgun

I suppose everyone reacts differently when startled but personally, I would back up as quietly as possible and hope whoever was in the cabin didn't hear/see me and then scoot quickly out of the woods to safety

$150K total reward money?

http://www.cnn.com/go/

link where you can watch anderson 360 at 8pm....

gotta watch my little tweeter keshia!!.....i feel like i discovered her lol......she was fabulous when this was all new and breaking, the one i was posting the most, other reporter tweeters i was watching....nada.....she was working it! good for her!!!

it's live now too of course but right now it's about charleston

Wonder what kind of lease? If the camp was leased out by the week or month it is very unlikely that extra shoes or boots or clothes would be stored there.

Wouldn't be very typical to find food in a camp between short term leases either, for that matter.

I just can't believe that these two had cooking facilities in their cells! Talk about being dangerous! And it would have been so against every OSHA Regulation. However, the more we learn, it appears this facility ran on its own rules while the state inspectors turned their heads.

Will there be a lot of house cleaning of employees or tighter rules implemented after these inmates are caught? The outside world will be told changes are being made while little is truly done. How would we ever know?

My opinions only!

On CNN - Erin Burnet Out Front - Reporter from the Press-Republican says his source says they're setting up a perimeter around the search area and the big push will come in the next day or two to flush them out. He was told the man who went to the cabin first saw something on the porch that looked like a duffle bag, and yelled inside to get someone to run out and said there were two people exiting the camp out of what is actually the front because the only way to approach the cabin is from the back.

I sure wish the cabin owner had quietly backed away and informed LE when he saw that duffle bag. Maybe in hindsight, he wishes the same thing. Walk away, inform LE and maybe surprise Matt & Sweat.

My husband would not run - he would go after anyone who had broke into our camp, escapee or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member