NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the first two cases I've been following and wow has this been a roller coaster. High Hopes for LE out there, having looked at google earth images of the area it's not going to be an easy search at all. I think the thing that strikes me most is the sheer haphazrdness of the individual after escaping...Like it was said, these guys were pretty intelligent, even being so much so as to one of them being called a master manipulator... And yet, it seems their plan isn't going the way it should be given they are so close to the escape point. Except for, and this is opinion/speculation, it isn't a bad idea to hide locally when your being looked for like this. Searches will typically begin very close to the escape point and spread from there. If you wait it out and can avoid being found in the search until it leaves that area, it will at least buy you some time to avoid capture and develop a new plan. Another speculation of mine is that if both DNA's are confirmed on site and only one was seen fleeing, and Matt is a master manipulator, maybe he convinced him to stay there even just long enough to go off on his own given that Sweat does have a disability and would be ore of a hinderence, not to mention he's a more recognizable guy to me. Again, all speculation but just saying, maybe these guys/this guy do have a plan. OR maybe they are just freakin' out right now and have no clue what to do since the second part of their plan never occurred. Also, IMO, after looking at the google earth images, if I were them and I came across one of the local lakes, at least the one that to me seems like the area talked about and confirmed in local news source, I'd would definitely be taking a swim, especially if there's a little island on the lake. IF this is the wrong place for speculating about the case like this, feel free to delete this reply. Again, i hope all the LE are safe and warm out their tonight.

This is one of the first two cases I've been following and wow has this been a roller coaster. High Hopes for LE out there, having looked at google earth images of the area it's not going to be an easy search at all. I think the thing that strikes me most is the sheer haphazrdness of the individual after escaping...Like it was said, these guys were pretty intelligent, even being so much so as to one of them being called a master manipulator... And yet, it seems their plan isn't going the way it should be given they are so close to the escape point. Except for, and this is opinion/speculation, it isn't a bad idea to hide locally when your being looked for like this. Searches will typically begin very close to the escape point and spread from there. If you wait it out and can avoid being found in the search until it leaves that area, it will at least buy you some time to avoid capture and develop a new plan. Another speculation of mine is that if both DNA's are confirmed on site and only one was seen fleeing, and Matt is a master manipulator, maybe he convinced him to stay there even just long enough to go off on his own given that Sweat does have a disability and would be ore of a hinderence, not to mention he's a more recognizable guy to me. Again, all speculation but just saying, maybe these guys/this guy do have a plan. OR maybe they are just freakin' out right now and have no clue what to do since the second part of their plan never occurred. Also, IMO, after looking at the google earth images, if I were them and I came across one of the local lakes, at least the one that to me seems like the area talked about and confirmed in local news source, I'd would definitely be taking a swim, especially if there's a little island on the lake. IF this is the wrong place for speculating about the case like this, feel free to delete this reply. Again, i hope all the LE aresafe and warm out their tonight.

Nope this is the perfect place, and :welcome: !

This is one of the first two cases I've been following and wow has this been a roller coaster. High Hopes for LE out there, having looked at google earth images of the area it's not going to be an easy search at all. I think the thing that strikes me most is the sheer haphazrdness of the individual after escaping...Like it was said, these guys were pretty intelligent, even being so much so as to one of them being called a master manipulator... And yet, it seems their plan isn't going the way it should be given they are so close to the escape point. Except for, and this is opinion/speculation, it isn't a bad idea to hide locally when your being looked for like this. Searches will typically begin very close to the escape point and spread from there. If you wait it out and can avoid being found in the search until it leaves that area, it will at least buy you some time to avoid capture and develop a new plan. Another speculation of mine is that if both DNA's are confirmed on site and only one was seen fleeing, and Matt is a master manipulator, maybe he convinced him to stay there even just long enough to go off on his own given that Sweat does have a disability and would be ore of a hinderence, not to mention he's a more recognizable guy to me. Again, all speculation but just saying, maybe these guys/this guy do have a plan. OR maybe they are just freakin' out right now and have no clue what to do since the second part of their plan never occurred. Also, IMO, after looking at the google earth images, if I were them and I came across one of the local lakes, at least the one that to me seems like the area talked about and confirmed in local news source, I'd would definitely be taking a swim, especially if there's a little island on the lake. IF this is the wrong place for speculating about the case like this, feel free to delete this reply. Again, i hope all the LE are safe and warm out their tonight.

Welcome!!! And great first post! Keep on posting!:wagon:

Following the money! What was in this escape. JM used what powers to dupe palmer / others?

If that's all he did...big woop

I believe the situation is that he allegedly passed the contraband in the frozen hamburger meat into their cells upon Tilly's request. I believe. He asserts he didn't know it was in there. AFAIK.

I believe the situation is that he allegedly passed the contraband in the frozen hamburger meat into their cells upon Tilly's request. I believe. He asserts he didn't know it was in there. AFAIK.

Didn't we hear early on that persons and pocket books weren't searched when employees entered the prison?

Oh man not more rain!!!! Not good for the dogs. Yet not good for the escapees either

Sounds like chilly soaking wet weather is the least of their problems, though I bet it isn't doing much for their mood. :)

They've been 3 weeks on the loose, and as recently as 48 hours ago are known to have travelled less than 30 miles in all that time.

One of the two "meals" we've heard about may have consisted of scraps obtained from dumpster-diving and/or prison canteen food that came in wrappers. The other "meal," 3 weeks later, seems to be pretty spartan as well, just peanut butter and water.

One escapee has at least one foot not in great shape which has bled/is bleeding, either because of blisters or for another unknown reason, and now he's either barefoot or wearing shoes/boots that aren't his and don't fit well, possibly without socks.

If they've been listening to scanners they may know that LE went on a wild goose chase hundreds of miles away, which may have given them a false sense of security for a bit, only to have their hopes dashed by being randomly discovered at the cabin and forced to flee sans peanut butter, underwear, socks and boots.

I mean, how optimistic can these fellers possibly be? And how altruistic is the fine-footed feller going to feel about the hobbly one if he is hindering their hoofing it?

As as aside ....do these fellers smoke? Because if they do they must be out by now and even grouchier than your average hungry , cold, wet, limping prison escapees who were stood up by the likes of a feckless Tillie.

OT Sleep-a-way camp starts this week! I really hope these two are caught ASAP!

My son is NOT going to camp this year. Yay! His camp is in the Adirondacks!

I was just talking about that - my childhood 4H camp is in Owl's Head. They start training two weeks ahead which is now. I am very nervous about the staff up there.

They are using each other. CAN not the best of friends physcopaths.

Maybe the tools weren't actually in the meat. Maybe it was a carton or box that had been resealed.

ETA- If the guy who saw them at the cabin had to go back to the hotel to report it, they had time to back and collect things. Just thinking.

O, say it ain't so:

TODAY ‏@TODAYshow 39m39 minutes ago

Tomorrow on TODAY...@MLauer's exclusive intvu w/Lyle Mitchell, speaking out for 1st time since wife Joyce charged w/aiding escaped prisoners

[video=twitter;613136719634939906]https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/613136719634939906[/video]
i'm behind and catching up but this is where i've gotten to.....

i'll have to wait until it's posted to utube, the hive is on today show strike and has been since they treated my beloved ann curry like crap (that was the last straw) and i was their number one fan, but i digress......

so someone please link it when they see it, i'll have my popcorn ready :popcorn: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa