NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accdg to twitter, helicopter searches and ATV on the old railroad bed in recent hours -- I guess that's the one that goes through Owl's Head.

It makes sense that the prisoners would walk under the electric lines or along rail lines because that is a nice clear path through the dense woods.

I would think they are desparately looking for the next cabin or house to break into. They need food and water so I think they are going to break in somewhwere very soon if they have not already.

They dont want to be walking around knowing LE is out there looking for them.
They want to stay put in a house or cabin just like last cabin.
I am thinking they already are in their next place or are desparately looking for a place to break into to settle in and stay put.

Someone was asking yesterday where exactly the manhol was in relation to Palmer's house/ the subway - this image from FOX shows the location of the manhole.
s048958258.jpg

source - http://fox2now.com/2015/06/26/was-s...ison-where-killers-broke-out/#thumbnail-modal
---

also from above link:

"Access to the catwalks was not unusual for prisoners, a former maintenance supervisor at Clinton told CNN.

The correctional facility used inmates to do plumbing and electric work that sometimes involved them entering the catwalk area, said the former supervisor, who worked at the prison for 35 years.

Inmates would fill in those positions, especially when the maintenance department was understaffed, he said.'

<snip>

"Correction officers were also understaffed at times, and they wouldn&#8217;t always be with the inmate plumbers and electricians as they would repair things, said the former supervisor, who left the facility six years ago.

He said inmates worked unplugging toilets, changing lights, fixing leaks and repairing wiring. Their work took them inside cells and to the catwalks behind the cell walls for major pipe repairs."

For some reason, I previously missed the exact location of that manhole. But it appears to be on Baker street. And that's where that couple said they saw them around 12:30 the night they escaped -- they said they were heading down Baker street after they left their backyard.

Good morning. Still think that the bloody sock and other items in the cabin were a diversion. I remember saying that on Sunday or Monday that I thought it was a distraction from the other search on the PA/NY border and how coincidental that it happened as the info was coming out about Palmer. What a roller coaster ride this search is.

So...how would their fingerprints and fresh DNA get into the cabin?

It is going to rain again all weekend.

Yep I just saw there's a flood warning for a lot of WNY counties. Was just thinking how much this sucks for searchers. I just take comfort in the fact that hopefully it also sucks for Matt & Sweat.

Quickly, can someone here tell me how it came to be that tools were put in grounf beef..then frozen..then was the frozen pile given to convicts? I am missing some parts on story. Did this woman buy tools..open the fridge in prison..breakroom? and then how did this lump get to convicts? They cook?!! Or did she bring a pre loaded tool loaf log from Aldis like Lucy smuggled the cheese from Paris on plane? Did she bring the meat to cook herself and..voila..banged out a few tools for them..picnic? Any details would be appreciated Thx.

They just said on the news that the men were allowed to do their own electrical work on their cells to "enhance" their cooking experience. As the other poster replied, they had mini fridges and hot plates, which I wasn't aware of. Ha! Life of luxury. I couldn't even use a hot plate in my dorm at college. On tv they said Palmer wasn't aware that the men were escaping. So you didn't know what was so special about the meat you were asked to deliver to them? What do you think they were using the tools and blades for?

These are dangerous and "smart" men and I don't even know what I would do if I lived near that area. I'm interested to see who else was involved and definitely do not feel the inside work only went as far as the few we've heard about.
And what about the prison warden? Nothing mentioned of them that I've heard ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"when Sweat was 17, Broome County Judge Martin E. Smith sentenced him to two to four years in prison. He served 19 months for felony attempted burglary.

Sweat was no stranger to Smith's courtroom. In a 1996 crime, he and a friend planned an elaborate theft of computers and cash from a youth-group home in Binghamton. The plan involved tying up a woman and locking her in a storage room.

A counselor saw them before they could carry out their plans and the police were called.

What made the crime stand out was that it had been plotted on paper, complete with a sketch of the group home and the location of the computers and money.

Sweat was a mapper and a planner.

During a search of his Broome County Jail cell in 1997, corrections officers found a list of all the thefts Sweat planned to commit if a judge gave him a furlough. The judge didn't.

Four days after Sweat's July 6, 2002, arrest for Tarsia's murder, police searched bags of garbage left on the back porch of an apartment at 15 Dickinson St., Binghamton. Buried with urine-filled soda bottles and the other detritus of Sweat's life was a hand-drawn map.

It was a sketch of Mess' Fireworks, a Great Bend, Pa., gunshop and fireworks business, marked by Sweat's fingerprint."
[That was where they stole a truck, rammed it through the building, went in and stole a lot of guns, brought them back over the NY border to a park, and were putting them into a DUFFEL bag with knives and other contraband when Deputy Tarsia came across them and they shot him 22 times and ran him over.]

<snip>

"Sweat fathered a child."

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../10/david-sweats-brutal-path-prison/71017500/

I did not realize that both men were fathers. Interesting.

I keep coming back to: what was IN IT for GP??? He didn't just fall off the turnip truck, he has been there for 28? years. It HAS to be money, but how?? One would think that after that much time spent in there, he wouldn't trust anyone as far as he could throw them. I don't doubt that he is a nice guy, but why risk his career and reputation to bend over backwards for these murderers? If not money, it had to be blackmail. JUST MY OPINION

IMO, Palmer's plan was that after retired, he would pay an attorney for a formal legal opinion and learn what the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS was as far as him committing crimes by taking all those 'art' bribes from Matt: THEN, Palmer would go sell them on eb@y, with 'certification of authenticity' (which Matt did for him on each and every painting). IMO, Palmer is really 'into $$$', and planned in his retirement to spend every single penny, and 'time' his spending appropriately until his Matt pics' $$$ started pouring in ------------------- OMG - IMO, Palmer KNEW fully well that Matt was going to 'break out', and helped Matt, because THAT WOULD GREATLY INCREASE THE VALUE OF ALL OF THE 'ART' PALMER HAD IN HIS HANDS !! Absolutely disgusting - that man is 57 y old......... OMG: The cops had to do an emergency STING/emergency warrant on Palmer cuz' PALMER WAS BURNING SOME OF THE ART IN LITTLE BONFIRES AT HIS GF'S HOME/YARD, AND PALMER OMG OMG BURIED SOME OF THE PAINTINGS IN THE WOODS, TOO --- what a super creep imo.

Note: Remember, all this time, Palmer has been living in a teensy 800 sq. foot home with his dyed blonde GF of many, many years........... all that 'art', in that tiny, tiny home..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... connect the dots IMO....

Good morning. Still think that the bloody sock and other items in the cabin were a diversion. I remember saying that on Sunday or Monday that I thought it was a distraction from the other search on the PA/NY border and how coincidental that it happened as the info was coming out about Palmer. What a roller coaster ride this search is.

If a diversion, who do you think left it at the cabin?

IMO, Palmer's plan was that after retired, he would pay an attorney for a formal legal opinion and learn what the STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS was as far as him committing crimes by taking all those 'art' bribes from Matt: THEN, Palmer would go sell them on eb@y, with 'certification of authenticity' (which Matt did for him on each and every painting). IMO, Palmer is really 'into $$$', and planned in his retirement to spend every single penny, and 'time' his spending appropriately until his Matt pics' $$$ started pouring in ------------------- OMG - IMO, Palmer KNEW fully well that Matt was going to 'break out', and helped Matt, because THAT WOULD GREATLY INCREASE THE VALUE OF ALL OF THE 'ART' PALMER HAD IN HIS HANDS !! Absolutely disgusting - that man is 57 y old......... OMG: The cops had to do an emergency STING/emergency warrant on Palmer cuz' PALMER WAS BURNING SOME OF THE ART IN LITTLE BONFIRES AT HIS GF'S HOME/YARD, AND PALMER OMG OMG BURIED SOME OF THE PAINTINGS IN THE WOODS, TOO --- what a super creep imo.

Note: Remember, all this time, Palmer has been living in a teensy 800 sq. foot home with his dyed blonde GF of many, many years........... all that 'art', in that tiny, tiny home..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... connect the dots IMO....

While we're connecting dots with Palmer, I found it interesting that he REFUSED to grant his wife a divorce and instead was willing to give her the house and continue to pay her premiums on her insurance, etc, despite clearly having a new girlfriend and home and wanting to go on with his life.

When asking myself what perk could possibly exist for him in doing this, I could only think of one thing:

Husbands and Wives cannot be forced to testify against one another (at least not in NY).

So...how would their fingerprints and fresh DNA get into the cabin?

Planted evidence possibly? We don't know what the fingerprints were on and have there been any reports that the dogs picked up their scent outside of the cabin?

Planted evidence possibly? We don't know what the fingerprints were on and have there been any reports that the dogs picked up their scent outside of the cabin?

Yeah the dogs have been tracking from the cabin since the sighting but rain is really causing issues.

The fingerprints were on the peanut butter jar that the DNA was found in AFAIK.

Its a good theory. Palmer did complain about his pay many years ago.

$$$$$ could have been his motive.

"One incident seemed to fan his antipathy toward cops. In May 2002, 21-year-old Michael J. Fisher Jr. pulled a gun on two state troopers during a routine traffic stop in Kirkwood. Fisher, after wounding a trooper in the hand, died in a hail of bullets.

"Sweat said if he ever was stopped after a crime, he would do the same thing to avoid going back to prison," Jennifer Seely told police after Tarsia's shooting."

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/.../10/david-sweats-brutal-path-prison/71017500/

Sweat intends to kill any cops he can to avoid going back to prison, and intends to commit suicide by cop if he can't get away, sounds like. JMO

If a diversion, who do you think left it at the cabin?

I don't know. I can't help but think it's somehow connected to someone that helped them after the escaped to get the heat off of the real trail. This is all my musings, I have nothing other than being on here with you all and watching all of this play out.

Exactly, that is what convinced that Sweat is actually drawing the pictures. Matt must paint them - both are very talented - they could make an honest living - too late!!

But the paintings are not "elaborate" and really not worth spit in the art world. Much like Jodi Arias' stuff. For all the ridiculous antics and back-flips that had to be performed to produce them and get them out of the prison, I can't believe there was a worthwhile pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And whoever was involved in the activity, if being blackmailed, stood to lose a lot more than their job and family. JMO

Yeah the dogs have been tracking from the cabin since the sighting but rain is really causing issues.

The fingerprints were on the peanut butter jar that the DNA was found in AFAIK.

But do we know that the dogs tracked them around the cabin? I know they have been tracking but I don't remember reading that they had a real hit at the cabin. I could have missed it!

It is going to rain again all weekend.

Yep, here where I am too! And it's going to be cool, too, where I am. Wonder...ah...yes...well, hmpff -- the National Weather says it's gonna be warmer in Malone than where I am -- no fair! But today's supposed to be nice and sunny in Malone -- good day to get those bloodhounds out. Before the rain starts on Saturday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member