GUILTY KY - Laynee Wallace, 2, Summer Shade, 17 May 2015

Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 1m1 minute ago

Barren Co. Commonwealth Attorney John Gardner says he doesn't expect any more charges in the Wallace case. But investigation is still open.
9:38 AM - 29 Jun 2015 · Details

Queen Bee :tyou: so very much for going above and beyond with the twitter updates for Little Laynee :heartluv:
Although I know this represents the next step in the pursuit of justice for her, seeing a plea of not guilty is infuriating :stormingmad: I must say that reading that the investigation is still open also leaves me a glimmer of hope as well! If anyone else can be proven by LE to have contributed to her tragic demise, they should be behind bars :jail: I respect TOS and will stop here.

The Man Above knows all. LE is still investigating. If there are any secrets, they will be uncovered! :moo:

#JusticeForLaynee!
:angel:
:rose:
:floating:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake Boswell ‏@JakeWBKO 1m1 minute ago

Barren Co. Commonwealth's Attorney John Gardner addressed the possibility of more charges in the Laynee Wallace case. http://bit.ly/1Hqg3xF
0 retweets 0 favorites

I live in Glasgow, KY and have been waiting to hear about this. I didn't know the trial had been set until today when I did a Google search. No one has mentioned it lately. This case has been especially upsetting to me. You just don't think that things like this happen in your own community, especially in a small country town. I even know a couple of the relatives.

Hopefully justice will be served!

Anthony Barbour's pretrial hearing is this coming Monday, March 21st. I'll be watching to see what happens. His trial is scheduled for April 19th. Haven't heard any news on this for a while.

Thank you for the updates KYPastTracker!
#JusticeForLaynee
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial pushed to december, more testing...

The Commonwealth agreed to have the testing done right away. Garrett told WBKO the items in question were being tested for DNA and had been in the possession of Kentucky State Police for five months. Neither attorney would go into detail on what specific evidence was being tested at the state crime lab.

"We want to know what the test results will reveal. I think that the test results from that particular item could certainly change this case around," said Garrett.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/Anthony-Barbour-back-in-court-372977451.html

Just wondering why these cases always take so long to go to trial. Wonder what "particular item" is being referred to. Also noticed the statement below in the article mentioned above too. Hmmmmm...Is the defense pointing fingers elsewhere?

"They are very quick to point out, the one thing everyone wants to know, which is whether or not anyone else is involved. Certainly, that's what we hope to bring to the table."

[h=1]Barbour pretrial conference to continue next week[/h]

"GLASGOW – Questions regarding testing of evidence in the cases against Anthony Dale Barbour were the focus of a brief pretrial conference in Barren Circuit Court on Monday afternoon.
Barbour, of Summer Shade, was arrested on May 25, 2015, in connection with the disappearance of 2-year-old Laynee Mae Wallace of Monroe County, whose body was later found in a well.".......;...;
http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/ne...cle_b020eafe-47ed-11e6-a6d1-339daf786b2a.html

The 'peculiar item' is apparently a hair:

http://www.glasgowdailytimes.com/ne...cle_5869236c-4e0a-11e6-aa4c-43bdaad05ffc.html

“Once it's tested the first time, there will be nothing left to test,” Garrett said. “So that was kind of an important point for the court to be aware of and placed on the record”...

“I think everybody knows that it wasn't just Anthony Barbour involved in this,” Garrett said. “And I will also say that, for the record, that Mr. Barbour did not kill this child.”

Garrett asked on Tuesday at the pretrial conference that the hair be photographed and measured before tested. After the conference he explained to members of the media that “males normally wear their hair pretty short, females wear their hair pretty long.”

“So as an identifier in that respect, I think that it could give some insight as to who possibly, whether that person was a male or female, helped to lower that child into the well.”

Next court date is October 17.

State police crime lab loses evidence in Laynee Wallace murder investigation

In early April of this year, an infant-size blue T-shirt linked to a murder investigation was sent to the Kentucky State Police Central Lab in Frankfort for forensic analysis, about seven months after the murder suspect's father retrieved it from under some brush and the suspect's attorney brought it to KSP Post 3 in Bowling Green.

Less than a month after being sent for analysis, the T-shirt went missing and is not likely to be recovered.

KSP forensic examiner Marci Adkins, who had custody of the shirt, testified about its disappearance on Thursday in Barren Circuit Court in a hearing brought about by a motion filed by the attorney for Anthony Barbour, who is charged with murder, tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse in connection with the death of 2-year-old Laynee Wallace, whose body was found May 25, 2015 in a well in the Nobob community.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/De...-Day-6-of-Barbour-murder-trial-406555175.html

Only a few minutes into his opening statement to the jury Wednesday, Ken Garrett halted a murder trial for the first time on it's sixth day.

Garrett first described a June 20, 2015 jail phone call between Anthony Barbour and his mother, in which Cindy Leon asked her son to tell the truth.

Garrett explained that truth involved Kelsey Wallace being involved in Laynee Wallace's murder.

Garrett then referred to Kelsey Wallace taking the stand last Tuesday, calling her "Casey Anthony."

Trial was halted long enough to charge defense attorney Garrett with contempt, and then he resumed his opening statement. Article includes a detailed summary of the day's testimony.

http://www.wbko.com/content/news/De...-Day-6-of-Barbour-murder-trial-406555175.html

Trial was halted long enough to charge defense attorney Garrett with contempt, and then he resumed his opening statement. Article includes a detailed summary of the day's testimony.

Was this a slip or a bad quote?

"I loved those girls as if they were my own and raised them as if they were my own," said Barbour.

"Did you kill Laynee?" replied Barbour's attorney.

"No she did not," said Barbour.

"Did she fall?"

"No she did not."

"Did Kelsey Wallace tell you it was an accident?"

"Yes she did."

Wth he means "no she did not" is he or isn't he blaming the mother of Laynee? #confused

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back