GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

What did this guy do for a living? I've heard conflicting accounts ranging from Government of Canada to the rumor that he was the son of an elite old money family "slumming" in Calgary. Another account said something about office equipment. Has anyone been able to confirm?

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Well, (at least for one thing) he was an ACTOR, of course!

:thinking:

:facepalm:

:rolleyes:

Yeah. I can definitely confirm that role!

What did this guy do for a living? I've heard conflicting accounts ranging from Government of Canada to the rumor that he was the son of an elite old money family "slumming" in Calgary. Has anyone been able to confirm.

There's a Josh Burgess who works for the National Energy Board of Canada in Calgary, staring in Sept 2012. His linkedin profile says that's his current job:
https://ca.linkedin.com/pub/josh-burgess/90/889/88

Here's another link with the same info: https://gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc...&lci=&str=26&ltnf=1&frmsr=1&sf=aff-post&prt=1

He would have earned enough as a technologist in that job to qualify for the housing co-op. Shannon was not earning enough to qualify. I suspected that Shannon married Josh so they could get into the housing co-op.

Perhaps Shannon wanted a divorce, was planning on a divorce, and JB was and still is in denial about it.

It is entirely possible that some of us are assuming that Shannon's body was buried in the yard when in fact it was not. According to this article, the hole in the yard is said to be a 'small hole' and from the pics (close-ups) that have been posted in this thread, it does look small.......so perhaps the spot where a weapon was buried, or items containing his DNA and her blood/etc.....and in fact she was inside the home? Wonder if they had a deep freeze. Curious just how basic the initial search was that they did on this home back when she first went missing. How deeply would they have searched under the circumstances back then? Say they had a deep freeze, would LE have been able to look inside it then or not? Or even if they had, say she was at the bottom of it and there were packets of frozen food on top of it, obviously I don't think they'd be able to start removing all the food to look beneath? She had to have been in/on the property all this time, nobody murders their spouse elsewhere then eventually brings body back to the home, particularly in the summer when it's hot. How could a body ever be concealed this long in a complex with 30+ other units and nobody smell something off?

Lots of plastic, duct tape, a trunk, a storage space under the stairs, and some Glade plug ins.

It is entirely possible that some of us are assuming that Shannon's body was buried in the yard when in fact it was not. According to this article, the hole in the yard is said to be a 'small hole' and from the pics (close-ups) that have been posted in this thread, it does look small.......so perhaps the spot where a weapon was buried, or items containing his DNA and her blood/etc.....and in fact she was inside the home? Wonder if they had a deep freeze. Curious just how basic the initial search was that they did on this home back when she first went missing. How deeply would they have searched under the circumstances back then? Say they had a deep freeze, would LE have been able to look inside it then or not? Or even if they had, say she was at the bottom of it and there were packets of frozen food on top of it, obviously I don't think they'd be able to start removing all the food to look beneath? She had to have been in/on the property all this time, nobody murders their spouse elsewhere then eventually brings body back to the home, particularly in the summer when it's hot. How could a body ever be concealed this long in a complex with 30+ other units and nobody smell something off?

Re: A WEAPON

[video=twitter;617738426486427648]https://twitter.com/SUNDamienWood/status/617738426486427648[/video]

https://twitter.com/SUNDamienWood

Perhaps Shannon wanted a divorce, was planning on a divorce, and JB was and still is in denial about it.

I think that denial and rejection was his motive. He would have most likely incurred any financial need that Shannon would have needed help in just to keep her under his thumb. Such as the speculated brakes that needed repair on her car. If anything she may have also rejected any financial help from her husband which could have also thrown him over the edge.

Anyone else wondering if her dating profile was changed to show Relationship: OPEN - after her murder???

Calgary is located in Zone 3, and the frost free period is roughly May 23 - Sept 15. I doubt that Josh could dig a hole big enough to bury a body in December, but keeping a body in the house is just incredibly abnormal. What was he thinking each day as he came home from work? What was the dog doing all this time? I would expect a dog to be constantly scratching at a container with a body.

A couple other thoughts that come to mind is that as of this recent development there could be a chance that JB will see a first-degree murder charge. We do not know for sure if there was a deep freeze in the home. The web info for the complex does not list them. But it could have been left behind by a previous tenant or possibly they purchased one. For example, If JB purchased one within a week and possibly some other materials they may be able to prove that he pre-meditated this. I also wonder about their very large dog and if he would have been the type to dig large holes and Josh had him do that task as to not cast suspicion on himself. Usually certain breeds of dogs such as the type they had are notorious for digging deep holes. They may have had to always fill them back in but maybe Josh left a few the night that he killed her to make his job of burying her easier. The hole in the ground that we are shown in the pics could be one of many that LE has dug and she could have been removed from another spot in the yard. I believe one article said it was the front yard and another shows it to be in the back.

A couple other thoughts that come to mind is that as of this recent development there could be a chance that JB will see a first-degree murder charge. We do not know for sure if there was a deep freeze in the home. The web info for the complex does not list them. But it could have been left behind by a previous tenant or possibly they purchased one. For example, If JB purchased one within a week and possibly some other materials they may be able to prove that he pre-meditated this. I also wonder about their very large dog and if he would have been the type to dig large holes and Josh had him do that task as to not cast suspicion on himself. Usually certain breeds of dogs such as the type they had are notorious for digging deep holes. They may have had to always fill them back in but maybe Josh left a few the night that he killed her to make his job of burying her easier. The hole in the ground that we are shown in the pics could be one of many that LE has dug and she could have been removed from another spot in the yard. I believe one article said it was the front yard and another shows it to be in the back.

There is only one yard connected with their unit in the housing co-op. The front door opens to a common hallway, and the backdoor opens to a very small yard ... at least that's what it looks like in the Google Earth images.

What kind of dog did they have?

The fence has been cut away in one section of the small backyard. I wonder if Josh did that, or if the police did that. Did he cut away a section of the fence, bury his wife, and then replace some boards? If so, this man has some serious psychological problems.

Maybe this last FB post of Shannon's (we have all pondered over) was all it took to tick Josh off:

Shannon H Burgess I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance
November 26, 2014 at 10:06pm · 2

There is only one yard connected with their unit in the housing co-op. The front door opens to a common hallway, and the backdoor opens to a very small yard ... at least that's what it looks like in the Google Earth images.

Another view of Shannon and Josh's residence.

11to3km.jpg

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05/police-make-murder-arrest-in-disappearance-and-death-of-missing-calgary-woman-shannon-madill-burgess

Maybe this last FB post of Shannon's (we have all pondered over) was all it took to tick Josh off:

Shannon H Burgess I will forever miss the man who may or may not have knocked me up when I was whoring myself out for funzies... I miss Alliance

I was thinking that Josh posted that to point fingers in another direction in part because the tone seems to inconsistent.
It's possible that Josh was angry when Shannon left for Edmonton, and was seriously angry when she returned home.

It will be very interesting if she was, in fact, pregnant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back