MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the simplest explanation is the most likely. She is not being identified because this was done by a parent/caretaker who didn't report her missing, and doesn't have family in the area or in their lives to notice she is missing. That to me is the only reason she would not be reported missing. As to what happened, whether or not they had something to do with her death or not, can't be as easily deduced, but I'd say it's a 95% chance that it was a parent/caretaker involved in disposing of her.

I don't want this to be true, and I hope to God that the right tip is in there and they haven't gotten to it yet, but I just feel that if they haven't had something that really sticks out to them by now, it's gonna be a long haul and might never get solved. Which seems unfathomable in this day and age, but it's still possible.

Laci Peterson and her son went missing together, but one was found before the other. Could this child AND her guardian both have disappeared? Now that the press is saying that she was NOT necessarily placed there, and left open the possibility that she washed ashore, a lot of possibilities we thought were ruled out are again possible.

The longer that this goes on, I grow more concerned that we won't know her identity. I have hope that things will be solved soon and quick.

Is it possible that she was buried and somehow the grave wasn't deep enough and by happenstance it was unearthed and washed ashore? Again I know it's far fetched, and that the simplest answer is most likely the obvious one, which is that someone has yet to notice her missing, no matter the reason. It's just heartbreaking to think someone had to of cared for her.

I can't help but keep going back to Baby Kate. It doesn't matter if she had blue eyes at 4 1/2 months. A baby's permanent eye color can take as long as 6 years to make its appearance. My sister's changed from light blue to brownish green at age 6.Though most babies permanent eye color is evident between 6-12 months. Even Baby Doe and Baby Kate appear to have the same hairline, (a soft widow's peak). Throw that in with chin, brows, eye shape, lip shape, etc. The timing couldn't be creepier either. Baby Kate disappeared in June.
It may sound crazy but could Baby Kate's father have been so angry that he hid the child away from her mother out of spite? And with whom? A girlfriend perhaps? Did whomever that might have had her get their fill or might they have been instructed to kill the child. I know it's a stretch but if someone is able to kill their baby out of anger, would they not also be willing to lie about her death because they hated the mother enough to concoct a story and suffer the consequences. His account obviously doesn't jive. These babies deserve peace.

I can't help but keep going back to Baby Kate. It doesn't matter if she had blue eyes at 4 1/2 months. A baby's permanent eye color can take as long as 6 years to make its appearance. My sister's changed from light blue to brownish green at age 6.Though most babies permanent eye color is evident between 6-12 months. Even Baby Doe and Baby Kate appear to have the same hairline, (a soft widow's peak). Throw that in with chin, brows, eye shape, lip shape, etc. The timing couldn't be creepier either. Baby Kate disappeared in June.
It may sound crazy but could Baby Kate's father have been so angry that he hid the child away from her mother out of spite? And with whom? A girlfriend perhaps? Did whomever that might have had her get their fill or might they have been instructed to kill the child. I know it's a stretch but if someone is able to kill their baby out of anger, would they not also be willing to lie about her death because they hated the mother enough to concoct a story and suffer the consequences. His account obviously doesn't jive. These babies deserve peace.
She was ruled out by DNA I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I was thinking today that if she was deliberately placed there maybe the reason for this was to make it seem like she washed up from somewhere else and in the mind of the person who did it this would take the heat off looking for local perpetrators if they were local. They may have thought placing a body near the sea would lead LE to assume she came from the sea without realising they would explore all possibilities.

JMO The position of her body could be a clue. Obviously, if she had started to decompose, rigor mortis had already occurred. I do think possible suffocation, and she may have crawled into an old refrigerator, or something like that. Or, as happens to kittens and puppies, we are warned, she may have suffocated in a plastic bag, and not been found until she had been dead for some time. JMO

BBM:

Just a few points of clarification: decomposition essentially begins after the blood circulation ends & organ systems do not receive O2 to keep the microscopic organisms in check (bacteria, fungi). The activity of these "critters" is evidenced by the changes in the body (color change, bloating, slippage, oozing) and is assisted by the activity of the visible "critters" (types of flies, maggots). And yes, evaluating the level & type of decomposition present along with the visible "critters" CAN assist in estimating time of death.

Rigor mortis also is a valuable tool in estimating TOD as it starts ~ within 2-3 hrs and is gone by ~ 20-30 hrs. Environmental conditions effect greatly both rigor & overall decomposition of a body, being in a plastic bag, outdoors in the elements (sun, water, wind) MUST be factored into any TOD estimation.

IMHO

I'm leaning one of two ways, it was an accidental but negligent death (hot car type) and Mom is worried her other children will be removed or go to foster care if she's arrested or that Mom is also a victim. I don't think it's going to be an "out there" scenario. I don't think it's as unusual to not have a large friend base as people think. I moved many miles away from my family when I was pregnant, we were already not close as it was. I hated where we moved and had no friends. We stayed there for 9 years, no friends and my family got pictures of my first child but we had a falling out and many never even saw a picture of my next two kids.

Thanks, Joypath! I am not a pathologist, but I do understand that decomposition starts at death. What is not visible may lead a regular joe like me to forget about internal decomposition. I sadly, lost my 16 yr old kitty cat last month. It was evening, so I put a sheet in a cardboard box and immediately put him in the box (open top) to make sure that he was deceased. He had had a seizure and his eyes went blank at the same time that he urinated. In the morning, he was in full rigor, but did not stink, and no oozing on the sheet. His eyes did look like they were starting to decompose. I buried him. Morbid, I know, but that is why I thought that rigor mortis came before visible decomposition. (I miss my cat, terribly.) JMO

I'm leaning one of two ways, it was an accidental but negligent death (hot car type) and Mom is worried her other children will be removed or go to foster care if she's arrested or that Mom is also a victim. I don't think it's going to be an "out there" scenario. I don't think it's as unusual to not have a large friend base as people think. I moved many miles away from my family when I was pregnant, we were already not close as it was. I hated where we moved and had no friends. We stayed there for 9 years, no friends and my family got pictures of my first child but we had a falling out and many never even saw a picture of my next two kids.

So maybe you were distanced from your family, but what about haircut ladies, cashiers etc. You didn't hide your children from the world. People saw them.

I live in the South. Maybe it's difft up north?? But cashiers ALWAYS talk to my 3 year old and 6 year old. Even the lady at the drive thru at McDonald's for breakfast does through the back window of my minivan. The guy at the gas station does. Some gas station workers even give them free candy. Maybe the South is just friendlier?? But I am certain that if I didn't have friends nor family, many strangers would recognize the faces of my children.

So maybe you were distanced from your family, but what about haircut ladies, cashiers etc. You didn't hide your children from the world. People saw them.

I live in the South. Maybe it's difft up north?? But cashiers ALWAYS talk to my 3 year old and 6 year old. Even the lady at the drive thru at McDonald's for breakfast does through the back window of my minivan. The guy at the gas station does. Some gas station workers even give them free candy. Maybe the South is just friendlier?? But I am certain that if I didn't have friends nor family, many strangers would recognize the faces of my children.

Today at the dentist's office while in the waiting room, 2 different adults asked my daughter how old she was. One was a 90 year old man- he told me he just turned 90. He told her how pretty she was. The other was a woman that looked to be about 50. She asked her what grade she was in and if she was looking forward to going back to school. These encounters happen everyday, so I find no one coming forward to say they've seen her before VERY odd.

I think that there could be lots of people who would recognize baby doe but just assume the child is alive and well? Like she may look like your cousin in another state but why would you think she's dead and unclaimed?

I would know my cousins face well enough to say, "holy cow. I think that really is Rose." I would then call my mom and say "put on the news and tell me that child isn't Rose!" I wouldn't just shrug it off. Do I think rose's parents would kill her and put her in a bag on the beach? No, but I surely wouldn't just let it go. If someone would just shrug it off abd say "that can't be my cousin". Surely upon seeing her face for the third time on the news, they'd have to stop and look into it.

why would any gov't body need to verify if dad was a suitable placement? if mom is in jail well... he is her parent. even if mom placed her w someone else, dad could simply pick her up and if he was prevented from doing so he could go to court and file an ex parte order and will win with nary a problem unless he is a RSO or something.

sort of off topic i know.

Here's another far-fetched idea...
If a child is placed fr adoption with a non-family member, Child Services remains in touch with the family for a period of time.

If a child is adopted by a family member, the background checks and maintenance are not nearly as thorough, particularly in an unofficial adoption (Ayla Reynolds stayed with her Dad while her Mom served a short jail term, and nobody verified that he was a suitable caregiver before she was placed with him). Often an aunt, uncle, or parent will take care of a child for a relative who is ill, incarcerated, or who dies, without filing official paperwork.

What happens if a child is adopted from overseas? Is the family monitored? What sort of background checks are run? I know there have been stories of pedophiles adopting small children from abroad because they are not usually in the care of a social worker.

Lately there have been a lot of stories about families adopting foreign children, only to get them to the U.S. and find they have serious issues, either as a result of their being mistreated prior to being placed for adoption, or as a result of spending an extended period in an institution. These parents often try to either sell the child or re-home the child (like it is a pet!). One family put a boy they had adopted on a plane back to his home country with a one-way ticket because he had adjustment issues they were not informed of prior to the adoption.

If a foreign adoption wasn't working out, could a parent lose patience and fatally injure the child for misbehaving? If this parent WANTED a child, and WANTED to love this child, but "snapped", the apparent loving care in choosing the polka dot leggings and pretty zebra blanket may imply regret over the death.

laci peterson was still pregnant when she went missing and the fetus had somehow come out of her and washed ashore.

Laci Peterson and her son went missing together, but one was found before the other. Could this child AND her guardian both have disappeared? Now that the press is saying that she was NOT necessarily placed there, and left open the possibility that she washed ashore, a lot of possibilities we thought were ruled out are again possible.

i cannot believe how long she has been UID :( i hope she doesnt stay UID.

What do y'all think about the French girls that were kidnapped? Could she be one if those? She looks like one for sure. I don't know how to post images, but the wispy hair growth on the forehead along with all the other features make me think it's her. The chubby face but very thin body too.

I would know my cousins face well enough to say, "holy cow. I think that really is Rose." I would then call my mom and say "put on the news and tell me that child isn't Rose!" I wouldn't just shrug it off. Do I think rose's parents would kill her and put her in a bag on the beach? No, but I surely wouldn't just let it go. If someone would just shrug it off abd say "that can't be my cousin". Surely upon seeing her face for the third time on the news, they'd have to stop and look into it.

IMO, she's a very generic looking child. she looks like any little girl with brown hair. there's nothing that stands out.
i think if you had no reason to suspect that [person you know] dumped their kid's body, you wouldn't even consider it.

What do y'all think about the French girls that were kidnapped? Could she be one if those? She looks like one for sure. I don't know how to post images, but the wispy hair growth on the forehead along with all the other features make me think it's her. The chubby face but very thin body too.

Which children were these French girls - I will post the images if you can point me in the right direction.

eleph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members