ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if we'll ever know the real truth. I'm not saying that someone intentionally hurt him...but there is alot of deceit going on here IMO. Perhaps it was accident....i'm flabbergasted that the sheriff says I'm good with them and they're good with me without a polygraph? Really? Not buying it here. There are WAY to many conflicting stories, way to many. Big one is dad says 20 minutes looking before calling 911 and the mom said on 911 call it had been an HOUR. Plus, the dad really expects people to believe that clerk at shop is off 5 hours on when the "saw" the man in black truck with dirty blond boy? An hour maybe, but at least 5? Nope..not buying it.

If they find Deorr in water they can tell if his COD was drowning. I suspect that will be where they will find him. :( I would absolutely be shocked if this was a kidnapping. Why go to the wilderness where its hard to get in and out of and steal a kid? How would you know one is even there? And how do you snatch one in broad daylight and get away on foot carrying a child to where ever you parked without 2 adults seeing you?

Here is a video with some scenes of the campground. It also has audio of the creek sounds. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

Thank you for this. It really helps to get a feel for the area he was in before he went missing. I wish we could get some clarification on REALLY how long this little boy was out of the adult's sight. Not saying the parents are guilty of anything but I am not buying the "look away and look back and he is gone" explanation of how he went missing. MOO, after looking at that video of the area, if he was at that campground and his great-grandfather was nearby, he wasn't abducted or pulled away by an animal without anyone hearing something. You could clearly hear the men in the video when they were standing in the campsite without them having to raising their voices. Just my :twocents:

From the link Claire posted earlier:

Deorr’s great-grandfather, his friend — who has not been named — and Deorr Kunz Jr. and Jessica Mitchell, have been cooperative with investigators, Penner said. Authorities have not named any suspects, nor do they consider the parents suspects.

According to investigators, Kunz and Mitchell have offered DNA samples and are willing to undergo lie detector tests.

“We interviewed the family,” (Sheriff) Penner said. “I’m good with them and they’re good with me.”

snipped

Meanwhile detectives are asking the public to stop spreading false speculation about Kunz and his family.

“There’s a lot of crazy stuff out there,” Penner said. “All this innuendo out on social media really needs to stop. Let’s try to add to their peace a little bit, (and) try to give them some space. Let’s help them out.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

bbm

I wish the speculation would stop here too.

The speculation will stop when the boy is found, imo. Until then, I think it's reasonable to question the scenario intelligently (but not to tear down just for the sake of tearing down, of course). JMO

I was kind of surprised when I watched the video up thread of the place they were camping. Since I am not a camper that seemed way too remote for a 2 year old and a Great Grandpa. Those two ages seem to need the most services.

How far was the store from the campsite?
Also I saw family pictures on NG tonight and there were two other children. Were they on the camping trip too? Kids love to camp.

Were they tent camping or did they have a trailer?

My first thought was that a bear took him but after looking at the video of the campsite I think he is in the water. I will say the creek looks fairly shallow so he should be easy to spot.

Poor little guy. Time's getting away from us in this search for him.

Prayers that he WILL be found safe.

Deorr’s great-grandfather, his friend — who has not been named — and Deorr Kunz Jr. and Jessica Mitchell, have been cooperative with investigators, Penner said. Authorities have not named any suspects, nor do they consider the parents suspects.

According to investigators, Kunz and Mitchell have offered DNA samples and are willing to undergo lie detector tests.

“We interviewed the family,” (Sheriff) Penner said. “I’m good with them and they’re good with me.”

snipped

Meanwhile detectives are asking the public to stop spreading false speculation about Kunz and his family.

“There’s a lot of crazy stuff out there,” Penner said. “All this innuendo out on social media really needs to stop. Let’s try to add to their peace a little bit, (and) try to give them some space. Let’s help them out.”

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/07/a-closer-look-the-campground-where-deorr-kunz-disappeared/

bbm

Sounds so much like Noah's case, LE insisted the parents were cooperating and weren't suspects. Both have been in jail since the funeral.

I think this case could certainly go either way. I just really don't like it when parents insist their child was abducted when it's way less likely than any other scenario.

My guesstimate of ages of family

mom has a grad pic on FB stamped 2008 I believe...so she is approx. 25-26?
No known age on Dad but he appears to be older to me. Let's say he is 30
Let's say both mom and dads parents are in their 50's
Great grandparents could conceivably be in their 70's

All just estimates. I don't think were talking about some 90 year old ggrandpa

In the entire 15 min interview...the mom does not say her child's name once.

Dad, not once, but twice said "Snake River" instead of Search and Rescue...hmmmm

snipped

bbm

I agree, speculation should stop, but there are quite a few inconsistencies that I think are worthy of pointing out. One being that in the interview with the parents, the father stated when he come back up from the creek he yelled to DeOrr's grandfather, but in the link above, the reporter points out the area in which the parents went exploring for about 10 to 15 minutes . . . and that area was not the creek. The reporter even stated they went up from the camp sight.

I believe they said on NG that the creek was knee deep. If so, wouldn't his little body have surface by now. Unless something is preventing that.
I don't drive, and I go camping with my boys in remote places. My oldest is 10, youngest 4. We take the bus there and back. So for me personally, camping in remote places, as a single woman with 2 kids, is "normal". I see nothing weird of camping with a 2 year old and elderly family member.
I hope they find him. He's such a handsome little guy.

Ummmm don't want to say it but these parents (dad) give me the feeling of websleuths readers to me. :thinking::moo::innocent::dunno::noooo: It just seems like they know what questions are going to be asked and how they....hmmm... he should answer them.

We know the creek is right by the campsite. How far to the reservoir? Could a toddler make it there?
Per a news video posted up thread they said it was 4/10's of a mile from campsite to reservoir.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Looks like DK graduated high school in 2007 so he's roughly 26, as well.

I'm guessing that little Deorr is DK's only child.

Why is dad saying that his son is almost three when his birthday is in December?

Dad seems well groomed, hasn't been forgetting to shave (I remember when Lori Hacking went missing and Mark was all over the TV, someone on NG said it was unusual to see someone so distraught all clean shaven.). I thought he was all over the place in the interview, but didn't get major hinkys from him. Curious about the time differences and the candy bar incident. Is dad a long haul trucker, does anyone know? If so, would he be gone for long stretches, maybe not used to being around a toddler?

It seemed clear to me that the gal on the tape was saying EMT bag, not 'empty bag'. Does anyone know what was being implied there?

I don't want to think his parents have done anything to him

I don't either, but a few things trouble me. I mentioned up thread that they, sadly, were probably putting together a recovery team for the search this week. They also said the search dogs didn't track Deorr from the campsite. Now the cadaver dogs have alerted at the reservoir twice. How did he get to the reservoir without the dogs picking up his scent. Something about the father seems off when he is describing the events of the day, especially when he keeps interrupting mom. It is like he wants her to "follow the script". I would like to hear more about what the lady in the store considered "filthy". For example, when my kids were little I didn't care if they got muddy playing outside. I would just hose them off and put the clothes in the washer. But, if someone saw them they would immediately recognize they were dirty from playing and not from neglect. Their hair might be muddy, but it was combed and their clothes were obviously clean in the areas where there was no mud. I keep thinking that the lady should be accustomed to seeing dirty and disheveled kids since she works near a campground. So exactly how "filthy" was the little boy she saw. Did it look like he was disheveled and neglected or simply like a kid who had been out playing in the dirt? Were mom, dad, Deorr, the family friend, grandma and great-grandpa all at the campsite when the parents left to take a hike? Or, did dad tell mom that is what happened and she didn't actually see Deorr? The EMT bag troubles me too. The fact that the search was dialed back and cadaver dogs brought in so quickly tells me that LE suspects something is not quite right with the story they've been told. jmho

I agree, speculation should stop, but there are quite a few inconsistencies that I think are worthy of pointing out. One being that in the interview with the parents, the father stated when he come back up from the creek he yelled to DeOrr's grandfather, but in the link above, the reporter points out the area in which the parents went exploring for about 10 to 15 minutes . . . and that area was not the creek. The reporter even stated they went up from the camp sight.

BBM

That is odd because Dad says in the interview that he saw minnows and he wanted to get Deorr so he could come see them too. So he had to be at the creek. I wonder why the reporter did not think they were at the creek?

So who is g grandpas friend ? And where was the friend when g grandpa was supposed to be watching deorr jr?
The grandma being discussed is Jessica's mom. She was not camping with them. Once Jessica called her about Deorr missing she was up there within a couple of hours.

The grandpa being discussed is Jessica's grandpa. He was camping with them.

The latest article stated the campers were Mom, Dad, Deorr, Jessica's grandpa and his friend.

Why ????? For the love of Pete , have we not heard a peep from g grandpa or the friend ? It's all been heresay from the parents or grandma. He/they would be last people to see little DeOrrr before he disapearred .,

BBM

That is odd because Dad says in the interview that he saw minnows and he wanted to get Deorr so he could come see them too. So he had to be at the creek. I wonder why the reporter did not think they were at the creek?
I think in that video he was pointing further up but there would still be access to the creek. It seems the creek runs all along there --from where we see the steep bank by the campsite to the direction he was pointing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am still having trouble with Grandpa's version of events. He tells his wife that he looked away.-then looked back and Deorr 'had vanished.' But he told the Dad that he thought Deorr had gone to them.

So in EITHER of those cases, wouldn't a grandfather call out for help? Call out the child's name---the parent's names---begin walking to them to see if the baby was safe?

If the parents were just 50 yards away, and Grandpa began screaming for them, wouldn't they hear him?

Or did Grandpa just shrug and open a beer when the baby vanished? I don't get it. :sigh:

The video is ODD. People have all sorts of reactions to tragedy, but becoming BFFs with Sheriff Dave is not one I've seen before. Dad is super impressed with LE/SAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member