FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I am thinking of... Is...

In fifth grade... For the Junior Fire Fighters Program taught in public schools...taught each year (at least when I was still teaching)

The students are assigned to create, with the whole family, emergency evacuation plans should a fire occur in the house...complete with maps, routes, meeting places, ladders, numbers to call, neighbors to run to, etc...

This is just a thought...

This is exactly what I was thinking of... I am only going on the word of a poster upthread that mentioned that the roof was accessible, I have no idea or not if it is? There are reasons like A/C units being on the roof sometimes? Heck Idk, lol, just trying to understand what I am reading...

One thing I am thinking of... Is...

In fifth grade... For the Junior Fire Fighters Program taught in public schools...taught each year (at least when I was still teaching)...

The students are assigned to create, with the whole family, emergency evacuation plans should a fire occur in the house...complete with maps, routes, meeting places, ladders, numbers to call, neighbors to run to, etc...

This is just a thought...

Going on a roof is not a good idea . Heat rises. The beams would be on fire and you would crash into the fire.

Escape plans are crawling low, not taking toys, not hiding under beds or in closets, stop, drop, and roll, and having a designated meeting place.

Going on a roof would be a death sentence.

In the pic posted of the roof, do you see any opening? An opening to a roof is an invitation to water damage. I really doubt there is an opening to a roof

no, all that I could see was from an arial view on google earth....

Going on a roof is not a good idea . Heat rises. The beams would be on fire and you would crash into the fire.

Escape plans are crawling low, not taking toys, not hiding under beds or in closets, stop, drop, and roll, and having a designated meeting place.

Going on a roof would be a death sentence.

very true...but if it were for another type of emergency? I dont know what that could be though...

COULD be! I understand how it all works. If true it is cutting edge... and at this point, legal.

I'm not sure it is ethical.

I won't be on the giving or recieving end of any treatment related to it. I don't agree that it is ok for ageing.

However, if another child needed stem cells for a chance at a full life, I would agree. -even though the child who donated the stem cells never had a chance to know life.

This is a slippery slope imo. We already have fertility clinics paying women and men for eggs and sperm. Harvesting them and implanting them in other people.

This is the next logical step. If the cells could be aquired from a petri dish I'd feel better.
I just feel like this will create a market for fetal stem cells and it could mushroom from there.

Then what's the next step?
Harvesting adult human organs without their consent?
Wait!

They already are!
Scary times we live in, I tell ya..!
I am beginning to wonder what% of Americans even value human life lately!
Imo- I know there are many other ways to book at this.

I agree with you.

I don't have any problem with cutting edge anything because that's how technology, medicine, society evolve :) I just meant that comment about "not playing by the rules" in my opinion is an ultimately negative expression to use to describe someone. I would like to think it was just a misunderstanding on her part of the English language, however she's been living in this country for approximately 20 years (that I've found) and it was such a deliberate wording. That specific phrase means "cheating or underhanded".

While I'm not a fan of woo-woo jibber-jabber snake-oil holy-water, I do agree with more holistic approaches incorporating both Eastern philosophy and Western treatments as long as it doesn't involve hurting the patient in any way including ethically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually or financially.

I worry about the ethics and see the opportunity by certain people to use this arena to take advantage of vulnerable people financially something akin to psychics, fortune-tellers. Or for one person to manipulate another into a business partnership, although that's not what I'm implying here, I have seen it happen.

The setting up of a two fundraisers, one of them for $1 million dollars almost immediately after someone was murdered, was a really bad idea. I see that one was later downsized to $100k, but that still doesn't sit right with me.

Good business plans include some level life insurance on each partner to protect the business itself (and staff). I don't know the legalities or what kind of business entity it was. I assumed, but must be wrong of course, that each parent would also have life insurance. I say I must be wrong because of the fundraiser. Regarding fundraising for emotional causes, to me it seemed the most successful projects are those who ask for modest or humble amounts. People respond and contribute past the goal. Those I've seen that ask for huge amounts seem to come off to me as entitled and it backfires and falls short of the goals. Their hearts can be in the right place, but the execution is off-putting.

Are you saying she went to the office or she was left home alone?

No clue, but cyberschooling would be super easy to do in an office, or a babysitter could even facilitate it.

I agree with you.

I don't have any problem with cutting edge anything because that's how technology, medicine, society evolve :) I just meant that comment about "not playing by the rules" in my opinion is an ultimately negative expression to use to describe someone. I would like to think it was just a misunderstanding on her part of the English language, however she's been living in this country for approximately 20 years (that I've found) and it was such a deliberate wording. That specific phrase means "cheating or underhanded".

While I'm not a fan of woo-woo jibber-jabber snake-oil holy-water, I do agree with more holistic approaches incorporating both Eastern philosophy and Western treatments as long as it doesn't involve hurting the patient in any way including ethically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually or financially.

I worry about the ethics and see the opportunity by certain people to use this arena to take advantage of vulnerable people financially something akin to psychics, fortune-tellers. Or for one person to manipulate another into a business partnership, although that's not what I'm implying here, I have seen it happen.

The setting up of a two fundraisers, one of them for $1 million dollars almost immediately after someone was murdered, was a really bad idea. I see that one was later downsized to $100k, but that still doesn't sit right with me.

Good business plans include some level life insurance on each partner to protect the business itself (and staff). I don't know the legalities or what kind of business entity it was. I assumed, but must be wrong of course, that each parent would also have life insurance. I say I must be wrong because of the fundraiser. Regarding fundraising for emotional causes, to me it seemed the most successful projects are those who ask for modest or humble amounts. People respond and contribute past the goal. Those I've seen that ask for huge amounts seem to come off to me as entitled and it backfires and falls short of the goals. Their hearts can be in the right place, but the execution is off-putting.
Spot on! I see some possible red flags[emoji626] that could have made the Dr. a target. Not playing by the rules and "Mother Teresa" don't sound like the same person. Imo.
Sounds like this case will be very interesting as it unfolds.
Somehow I missed that she was to work out with her trainer that morning. I wonder where she met him to work out or if he usually came to the home.

I wonder if the longer this is taking means they haven't ruled out MS yet?

As I said before, we have estate and financial planning in place. We have very little personal debt and insurance policies including policies to pay off business loans

If anyone had set up a , I would have shut it down immediately and have been mortified. Yes, there are people I know who would still want to give me money to ease the burden and to provide liquid to bridge any payouts, but that would be private between me and those people.

So this makes me think again that money is needed, and a lot of it since they are publically asking for it.

Money is a motive for murder. (Not saying it has to be the husband here...)

I wonder if the longer this is taking means they haven't ruled out MS yet?

As I said before, we have estate and financial planning in place. We have very little personal debt and insurance policies including policies to pay off business loans

If anyone had set up a , I would have shut it down immediately and have been mortified. Yes, there are people I know who would still want to give me money to ease the burden and to provide liquid to bridge any payouts, but that would be private between me and those people.

So this makes me think again that money is needed, and a lot of it since they are publically asking for it.

Money is a motive for murder. (Not saying it has to be the husband here...)

I agree with you about the need for money seeming rather apparent... was the womens charity ever written about or mentioned before the $1 million account? I need to go back and see....

Spot on! I see some possible red flags[emoji626] that could have made the Dr. a target. Not playing by the rules and "Mother Teresa" don't sound like the same person. Imo.
Sounds like this case will be very interesting as it unfolds.
Somehow I missed that she was to work out with her trainer that morning. I wonder where she met him to work out or if he usually came to the home.

IIRC I think it was posted that the appt. with her trainer was scheduled for 6:45 that evening, not in the morning. Can anyone confirm? Thx!

Deputies responded to Sievers home at*27034 Jarvis Road*at 9:45 a.m. Monday after calls about a deceased female,*
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/bonita-springs-homicide-investigation-underway.

“She’ll laugh with you, she’ll cook with you, she’ll tell you a story, she’ll tuck you in.”
He adored Teresa. He worshiped the ground she walked on. He did anything and everything so that Teresa could tirelessly work,” said Tottenhan-Lisa.
The doctor was to meet her personal trainer, Jorgen Albrechton, last Monday but did not show up - so he called her and left a voicemail.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29472864/neighbors-say-hammer-used-in-bonita-doctors-murder

People ask my how I find time to do it all. I have an incredible husband who has been an amazing father to our girls. Mark, you are my rock. My girls, Josephine and Carmela, you are wise beyond your years and innately accept God’s plan. Thank you for understanding why I often don’t make it home to tuck you in.
http://www.drteresasievers.com/apex.php#.VarW_nPD_qA
BBM (red)

Confused regarding the information in the second link as to Teresa planning to meet with a personal trainer the day she was murdered. I just now read the article and I am not seeing this mentioned. I also thought she had to be at work all day with patients. So, I am curious if she was indeed to meet with this personal trainer what time it was to be?

:waitasec:

MOO

"The doctor was to meet her personal trainer, Jorgen Albrechton, last Monday but did not show up - so he called her and left a voicemail."
* It doesn't give a time, but I was thinking before work. I may be wrong.
EDIT: It was 6:45pm. See post below.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29480227/local-doctor-to-be-laid-to-rest-today-as-investigation-continues

"Deputies responded to Sievers home at*27034 Jarvis Road*at 9:45 a.m. Monday after calls about a deceased female reports show"

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/bonita-springs-homicide-investigation-underway

Quote by
Lenka*Spiska,
"But like everything else she did, she didn’t play by the rules... she made her own. Everything she did in her life was cutting edge, pushing the envelope, pushing the limits."

http://www.a4mfellows.net/sievers.php
"she was only 1 of 30 students to receive this degree. It provides an integrated approach to the areas of metabolic and nutritional medicine and provides options for solutions to current biomedical problems, including biomedical aging."

http://www.drteresasievers.com/testimonials.php
patient testimonials

Not taking anything away from the good doctor but that was a Masters degree. It is unusual for someone who has a doctorate to then later get a Masters. I'm not judging, but it is unusual.

I just went back and located this post from Facebook regarding the appointment with the trainer:

Concept 10 10 Naples
July 2 at 5:49am ·
IN MEMORY OF DR. TERESA SIEVERS
I have only known Dr. Sievers for less than a month.
She recently started her Concept 10 10 training and was thrilled about it. So thrilled that she would recommend it to many of her patients. We agreed that I should supervise her first 6 workouts.
She had an appointment on Monday at 6.45 p.m., and of course, didn't show up as she was killed earlier. I didn't know at that time and called her cell and left a message, and followed up with a email on Tuesday. First Wednesday morning when I saw the newspaper did I know what happened. It is so sad and unreal. She was such a nice person. May she rest in peace.
Jorgen Albrechtsen

Not taking anything away from the good doctor but that was a Masters degree. It is unusual for someone who has a doctorate to then later get a Masters. I'm not judging, but it is unusual.

I dont think she had a "doctorate" did she?
She had a medical degree but a doctorate is not the same thing. It is not unheard of for a doctor to continue their education with a masters degree. JMO

I agree with you.

I don't see the "not playing by the rules" comment as negative whatsoever. Definitely doesn't necessarily mean "cheating or underhanded". It just means non conformity. To have your own mind. To not do things simply because that is how it is "suppose to be" or what the status quo is. I consider it a compliment.

I don't see the "not playing by the rules" comment as negative whatsoever. Definitely doesn't necessarily mean "cheating or underhanded". It just means non conformity. To have your own mind. To not do things simply because that is how it is "suppose to be" or what the status quo is. I consider it a compliment.
OK strategizing then. I can see that.

Quoting myself & not taking anything away from the good doctor but I just did a little research about where she did her doctorate in medicine which is in NJ. I was curious cause I'm from NJ & went to a highly recognized university for healthcare and had never heard of her school. It turns out her school is recognized in 4 states only--NJ & FL being two out of the 4. This is a Dominica/Caribbean based school.
Not judging--just sharing. And as I've mentioned above, our good Doctor went to get a Masters **after** she already had her doctorate which is a tad unusual.
Do your own due diligence.

I dont think she had a "doctorate" did she?
She had a medical degree but a doctorate is not the same thing. It is not unheard of for a doctor to continue their education with a masters degree. JMO

If you call yourself a Doctor or an Internist (Medicine) you are implying you have your doctorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu