Found Deceased KY - James 'Mike' Kimsey, 48, Louisville, 29 May 2015

It is quiet common for searchers to find a body in an area that has already been searched. Often, it is close to the home. I can think of at least three cases where the body was found buried in the dirt in the crawl space or beneath a porch. Places with lots of bushes and tall grasses also tend to be overlooked. Since he did not take his car, I think it might be good for volunteers to organize and conduct a thorough and well-organized grid search.

By the way, has the wife given any kind of statement about what she was doing when he left or about the mood in their house on that day? Was there an argument? Was it like usual?

not sure on the wife. there's some rumor that they weren't particularly happy together - but that's just rumor, as i don't know them personally. the most curious is that the wife waited 4 days after he was missing to notify anyone... that's seems too long to my way of thinking. if my spouse or loved ones went missing, everyone would know within 24 hours, and i would be actively pleading for help finding them. in this situation, it seems no one in the neighborhood even knew he was missing until we saw crime scene trucks at the house - and mike's parents seem to be the ones leading the search, with (as far as I'm aware), still no effort from the wife.

for those interested, here's the google maps satellite view: https://www.google.com/maps/place/L...2!3m1!1s0x88699833d7856269:0x3e7377bc2587c8c2

Mike's house is on Woodmont Park Lane, closer to Old Henry Road, near the first big left-hand bend. the wooded area directly northwest is where the neighborhood nature trail is (you can see the tennis courts on the opposite side of the wooded area).

Has the home been searched? The wife and child left the home to stay with her parents for several weeks. We often hear of situations of missing persons, where the individual is found inside the home, e.g. Shannon Burgess most recently.

That would allow enough time for decomp to occur. I hope someone has thoroughly searched the house. If not, perhaps a concerned family member could demand access. Searching the attic and beneath the house would be crucially important.

This case is just sad. No updates on the Facebook page since June. I live in an adjoining state and have heard nothing about it in the media. Is there anything being done through the media in Kentucky?

Sadly, no. This was recently posted on the Facebook page:
"These questions were asked and I wanted to answer them for those in TN who may not know.
Is Mike's disappearance being circulated and reported via media?
-Mike's disappearance did not make the local news until June 19th, exactly three weeks after he disappeared. There have been just a few small reports with no details about the current status of the case, just that if anyone knows anything to call police. WDRB were the only ones that provided more info but still very little and only one person talked about Mike and that was his father. They played that recording. In contrast, news reports about a missing woman in KY have been extensive, and there have been nonstop search parties for her, Nancy Grace has even interviewed the boyfriend. If a friend or family member could contact Nancy Grace about Mike, I'm sure the show would cover this story too!!! Worth a try!
Have there been any organized efforts for search parties?
-No, there have not been. Usually when someone is missing, a search party is organized, at least one but often times more. Hundreds of people around here would have been happy to search for him but nobody knew that he was missing for three weeks. The only search was done by the police with dogs after he had been missing for again, three weeks, but there was never an organized community search. I think everyone here wonders why this has been kept so quiet and why neighbors and the community did not know he was missing for such a very long time. That's a very normal thing to wonder, it doesn't mean that anybody is pointing fingers. I, like so many others, continue to pray each day for Mike's return home and for his family. I hope that someone with more details about this case does contact Nancy Grace so that this story can be out there!"

There has been very little coverage about this which is so odd along with the fact that it wasn't even on local news or out in the community for so long. Very unusual.

In addition, I do believe the house was searched because of reports that forensics and police were parked outside the house on June 16th, that is the first time neighbors knew anything unusual was going on at all. After seeing this, neighbors started asking questions but were not told anything except that it was a private family matter. They didn't find out until everyone else did when it hit the local news on June 19th, 3 weeks after his disappearance.

I believe the wife & child are living in the home currently.

Sadly, no. This was recently posted on the Facebook page:
"These questions were asked and I wanted to answer them for those in TN who may not know.
Is Mike's disappearance being circulated and reported via media?
-Mike's disappearance did not make the local news until June 19th, exactly three weeks after he disappeared. There have been just a few small reports with no details about the current status of the case, just that if anyone knows anything to call police. WDRB were the only ones that provided more info but still very little and only one person talked about Mike and that was his father. They played that recording. In contrast, news reports about a missing woman in KY have been extensive, and there have been nonstop search parties for her, Nancy Grace has even interviewed the boyfriend. If a friend or family member could contact Nancy Grace about Mike, I'm sure the show would cover this story too!!! Worth a try!
Have there been any organized efforts for search parties?
-No, there have not been. Usually when someone is missing, a search party is organized, at least one but often times more. Hundreds of people around here would have been happy to search for him but nobody knew that he was missing for three weeks. The only search was done by the police with dogs after he had been missing for again, three weeks, but there was never an organized community search. I think everyone here wonders why this has been kept so quiet and why neighbors and the community did not know he was missing for such a very long time. That's a very normal thing to wonder, it doesn't mean that anybody is pointing fingers. I, like so many others, continue to pray each day for Mike's return home and for his family. I hope that someone with more details about this case does contact Nancy Grace so that this story can be out there!"

There has been very little coverage about this which is so odd along with the fact that it wasn't even on local news or out in the community for so long. Very unusual.

Is this how something could be handled if they had reason to suspect he'd left on his own? If he were reported missing and then LE or whoever figured out he took off would they update everyone? I'm not suggesting that's what happened here, just thinking of it as a possibility got me curious.

He was not on pain killers other than anti-inflammation medication. He had never been one to take much pain medication, relying on mild anti-inflammatories when necessary. He was expecting to be back to flying soon because he was feeling well and with exercise, physical therapy and working out, he was getting back to great physical condition.

All the news reports mentioned that he requires daily medication. I'd be curious to know what medication(s) that is.

Sometimes, when a case is kept so quiet, it is because the family suspects suicide, or there is a situation with some sort of stigma attached and the family doesn't want people to think badly of the missing person, so they don't talk publicly. jmo

Was this man even spotted at the vacation home ever?
I keep thinking he never went anywhere--something happened at his regular residence.

But then wouldn't be police actively searching? There have never been any searches.

I haven't read or heard anything about a vacation home. Only the primary residence where he was described to have gone missing from.

Is this how something could be handled if they had reason to suspect he'd left on his own? If he were reported missing and then LE or whoever figured out he took off would they update everyone? I'm not suggesting that's what happened here, just thinking of it as a possibility got me curious.

One thought though - if LE thought he was missing but not endangered, i.e. gone off on his own volition, they wouldn't be likely to be asking news outlets to post missing persons reports. It isn't against the law to walk off and disappear. but few people are able to do it with no identity and without substantial means. without his identity, he has little earning potential. And frankly - why go to all the trouble of 'disappearing' and not contacting his friends, family (parents, sister, son, etc.) and letting them worry. That would be a cold-hearted individual indeed. And I haven't read anything describing him in that way.

One thought though - if LE thought he was missing but not endangered, i.e. gone off on his own volition, they wouldn't be likely to be asking news outlets to post missing persons reports. It isn't against the law to walk off and disappear. but few people are able to do it with no identity and without substantial means. without his identity, he has little earning potential. And frankly - why go to all the trouble of 'disappearing' and not contacting his friends, family (parents, sister, son, etc.) and letting them worry. That would be a cold-hearted individual indeed. And I haven't read anything describing him in that way.

Unless Mike had a mental illness that's being kept private--which I still consider a possibility--I don't think he would EVER disappear willingly without contact.

You are correct. He was good as gold, and would give the shirt off his back for anyone in need. His bank accounts have not been accessed since he went missing, and his cell phone went dead shortly after. And he would not leave permanently without his child. There would be no reason to consider him endangered if he had left voluntarily. He may be on blood pressure medication, or some type of maintenance medication. He never took narcotics or mind altering medication. He was mentally stable, and did not take mind-altering drugs. He is from a well-respected family with a long history of military service. Family in TN is receiving no information or answers from LE or anyone else.

Sometimes, when a case is kept so quiet, it is because the family suspects suicide, or there is a situation with some sort of stigma attached and the family doesn't want people to think badly of the missing person, so they don't talk publicly. jmo

When misinformation is put out there hinting at a mental illness, I think you can throw out the window trying to protect his reputation. IMO it seems the exact opposite was done - he was slandered, which delayed the reaction of LE. By the time they realized there was something suspicious going on and began earnestly investigating and searching his home precious weeks were lost. I read he had earned FAA's highest award, I think it was about two years ago, and the article stated that he had "met or exceeded the high educational, licensing, and medical standards." Facts are, that all anyone has right now other than LE is speculation, but the truth will eventually come out - I just hope it's sooner rather than later for those who love him and are grieving. I'm sure the stigma of mental illness would be a welcome situation in contrast to what most of his friends on his FB page suspect, which is foul play.

A bigger question too, is why would someone tell LE that he had mental illness and post that on Facebook, if they hope that he could be found safe? Being a pilot with that accusation, although a fabrication, could be detrimental to his career, and he was the sole source of income for his family? Also, there seems to be concern that LE still is not searching or trying to get to the bottom of this. Agree that this will eventually come to the surface. Sadly, the 4 day lag would have been the most critical to find him... Just a very worrisome situation and heartbreaking for his friends and loved ones....

The only thing that I can think of is that whoever said he had a mental illness wanted it to seem like suicide, which is how it seems they've treated it, at least at first. It just doesn't make sense though. When people commit suicide, they don't hide it, they wouldn't want loved ones to spend the rest of their lives not knowing. It would be obvious if he had something like schizophrenia to friends and loved ones and everyone has said he was completely stable. No way would the FAA allow a schizophrenic person fly a plane, with or without medication. And as far as leaving, it would be hard to do that with no car, no money, no phone, and again, leaving a child not knowing why his dad left seems like the very last thing he would ever do, from the kind of guy he sounds like.

I'm sure the stigma of mental illness would be a welcome situation in contrast to what most of his friends on his FB page suspect, which is foul play.

I'll be honest--I suspect foul play too. There's no other explanation that makes real sense to me.

This reminds me a bit of Nicholas Francisco. I'm leaning towards suicide, but he certainly could have left on his own. Either would explain the lack of urgency. I don't think foul play at all here.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I haven't read this entire thread yet, just the beginning, latest posts, and some stuff on the Facebook group, but I'm getting the impression that his family haven't liked his wife since before he went missing. Maybe they never did. Anyone shed any light on that?

It doesn't sound like he suffered from mental illness, sure, but situational depression can pop up and be a BEAST, especially if you're not used to feeling that way. I remember being really surprised at how well I took my father's death, for example, but it's probably because I've suffered from clinical depression since about age 14. There's a chance he thought he'd never fly again. And everyone always says that so-and-so would never leave their child, but how many suicides have we seen where people said that about the person? A lot. When you're in that state you don't think about anything else but the pain ending, and usually you think everyone would be better off without you.

Then again, it's weird that he wasn't reported missing for 4 days, and I'd love to know more about his wife, the running over of his mailbox twice (like, did that happen to anyone else in the neighborhood; is it a common teenage prank there?), if there was any cheating by either of them...

I just can't tell if his family is trying to point fingers at his wife because they never liked her, or if there are reasons for it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back