AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of suitcases that size have two compartments, the big main one and a second smaller one in the lid. Maybe the disarticulated bones were in the small compartment?

I have a suitcase like that and it does have several compartments. Will get it down off the top of the wardrobe tomorrow and have a look.

It's hard to imagine the person did not see anything when tipping the case upside down, but maybe the police are wording it that way to encourage the person to come forward. They really need to speak to that person. They could've been traumatised or maybe thought they could be implicated and maybe have been too afraid to come forward.

If I saw tiny bones I'd tend to hope it was from an animal, I'd never imagine they were human unless I saw the skull and hair.
I imagine a 2 year old's thigh bone would only be about 20 cm long.
I'm sure I'd be in some sort of denial until it sunk in.

I was surprised by how big the suitcase (used for the display in the most recent police press release) looked standing side by side with the mannequin. I doubt the police would have used the wrong sized case, so now I can see that everything probably would have actually fit into the suitcase.
Interesting too that we were told that the case was originally kind of suspended in a bush as though it had been hastily tossed there, rather than carefully hidden at first.
I thought that last press conference was loaded with good information and that makes me feel as though those on the case are on the right track :crossfingers:

The 'suitcase man' is certainly a mystery. If he was just some guy going about his business and had nothing to do with Angel's murder or the dumping of her body, you'd think he would've come forward by now. I've also wondered if he is also laying out there in the scrub somewhere, having taken his own life.

What is most puzzling is that there is very little public transport in and out of Wynarka. The nearest passenger railway station is at Rabila, 37 km away. The Loxton line only carries grain and is threatened with closure later this year.

There is a weekly bus service in and out of Wynarka only on a Friday. Apparently a booking is required to be picked up or dropped off at Wynarka.

The suitcase man was apparently seen on 13 April and again on 26 May, neither of which were a Friday. The 13 April was a Monday and the 26 May was a Tuesday. So did he hitch a ride, drive himself there and conceal his car or was he driven there and picked up by someone else? None of it makes sense. To be seen in the same vicinity twice within a few weeks indicates to me that he knows someone in the area or he has a property there.

Wynarka%20Bus%20TT_zpshywklces.jpg

http://linksa.com.au/

Yes you wouldn't expect to find human remains in a suitcase.
I would have thought it was someone's beloved pet and somehow the suitcase got lost.
Or maybe the suitcase was headed for the tip and fell off the back of a ute or trailer and someone dragged it off the road to have a look at the contents.

Maybe the man with the suitcase has nothing to do with this ?
I keep going from one thought to another.

Time for bed I think.

Hi folks. I have been following since the story broke. Time I joined in.
TGY, I agree with you about suitcase guy. Why this particular place that is so visible? I tend to think "what would I do".
If I was smart and did not want to get caught, I would have weighed the case down and dumped it in the sea or large river, or taken it to a remote, thicker, overgrown part of the land and tossed it or buried it. I certainly would not wander along the side of a highway carrying a suitcase for all and sundry to witness. I find that mind boggling.

Hi folks. I have been following since the story broke. Time I joined in.
TGY, I agree with you about suitcase guy. Why this particular place that is so visible? I tend to think "what would I do".
If I was smart and did not want to get caught, I would have weighed the case down and dumped it in the sea or large river, or taken it to a remote, thicker, overgrown part of the land and tossed it or buried it. I certainly would not wander along the side of a highway carrying a suitcase for all and sundry to witness. I find that mind boggling.

I was thinking about a reason why (if the suitcase man is involved) he would leave the suitcase in a relatively exposed location and came up with.....

1. He wants the little girl's body to be found, he did not murder her, he knows who did and is protecting them. (Not sure if that makes sense now !)
2. He did murder her, he is suffering with the start of dementia and is not thinking straight.

It is so strange, I mean why not bury the suitcase....it really seems like he wanted the little girl found. It does not appear that there are any reported missing children who fit the description of her, was she ever reported missing ?

It's hard to imagine the person did not see anything when tipping the case upside down, but maybe the police are wording it that way to encourage the person to come forward. They really need to speak to that person. They could've been traumatised or maybe thought they could be implicated and maybe have been too afraid to come forward.

The way I read it is that the person who tipped the contents out had to have realised there were skeletal remains in there, left the remains in the bush and dragged the case to the kerb as a marker so the body could be discovered. From then, a number of people stopped and inspected the case, without seeing the child's remains in the bush. It's important to find the the person who initially tipped the contents out in case there was anything else in the case that they have taken away with them.

Police said the remains were originally dumped in a suitcase up to three months ago, before somebody unknown tipped out the contents of the suitcase, including the child's remains, before dragging the suitcase onto the verge.

The grey Lanza suitcase was then spotted by numerous drivers over many weeks, with some even stopping to inspect it and "poke around".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-24/child-bones-found-in-sa-believed-to-belong-to-a-girl/6645422

I've been going over this and think the man who dumped the case was aware of but not directly involved with the death. Something has happened in the household that has encouraged him to dispose of the case, but he has to do it in an underhand manner because he is implicated by association. Maybe the person who caused the child's death has either left the property or died - could be a family member or maybe tenant.

The way I read it is that the person who tipped the contents out had to have realised there were skeletal remains in there, left the remains in the bush and dragged the case to the kerb as a marker so the body could be discovered. From then, a number of people stopped and inspected the case, without seeing the child's remains in the bush. It's important to find the the person who initially tipped the contents out in case there was anything else in the case that they have taken away with them.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-24/child-bones-found-in-sa-believed-to-belong-to-a-girl/6645422

I've been going over this and think the man who dumped the case was aware of but not directly involved with the death. Something has happened in the household that has encouraged him to dispose of the case, but he has to do it in an underhand manner because he is implicated by association. Maybe the person who caused the child's death has either left the property or died - could be a family member or maybe tenant.

... could be perhaps a ca. 24-30yo son of a ca. 55-60yo man and the son could be disappeared or be in jail for another case of murder/assault etc., so father wanted to dump the treasonous suitcase.
BUT: why let himself be seen with a suitcase on a road and even 2 times??

IMO when the police find a suspect, they should (and probably will) definitely check out what was going on in that person's life 3 - 4 months ago. Did they recently move to a new home? They could have decided it was too risky to take the remains with them. Was there a death in the family? It's possible that the killer/caregiver passed away or was put in jail for a separate crime, the family found the bones while cleaning out that person's home, and decided to cover it up. Were they being investigated by LE for different crimes around that time? Maybe they knew they were under police scrutiny and a search of the home was very possible.

My point is, killers don't just hang on to their victim's remains for up to 8 years and then suddenly go "Yeah I should probably toss this out now" for no reason. Something had to have spurred that on. I bet you the killer(s) - or the people covering it up, if that's the case - had a major, recent life event. And if not a recent life event, then a recent scare (someone almost coming across the remains).

I also wonder why they chose to put the suitcase in a place where it would likely be found. It definitely wasn't well-hidden, because many motorists remember seeing it and several people even peeked inside the suitcase. If they'd buried them or otherwise disposed of them in a way they wouldn't be recovered, we wouldn't even know this poor girl ever existed.

There has to be a reason why it was dumped there. I highly doubt that specific area or highway meant anything to the killer. It makes me think there may have been some remorse and the person still cared for the child, in a way. Maybe they couldn't bear the thought of "abandoning" the child by dumping the remains in a place where they'd be exposed to the elements, scattered by animals and storms, and never found. Then again, it could also be that the remains were dumped in a panic situation ("I need to get rid of this RIGHT NOW"), that spot on the highway was simply a convenient place to get rid of them and they didn't really care whether they were found.

... could be perhaps a ca. 24-30yo son of a ca. 55-60yo man and the son could be disappeared or be in jail for another case of murder/assault etc., so father wanted to dump the treasonous suitcase.
BUT: why let himself be seen with a suitcase on a road and even 2 times??

Good question!

Only thing I could think of is that he is nondescript in his appearance, whereas a car is more easily identified by make, model, licence plate etc. But why not drive to a secluded location and dispose of it?

Maybe he was dropped off? Thrown out the car after an argument?

Maybe suitcase man is a red herring and the case was dropped at a different time by someone else?

Uggh, more questions than answers :(

I saw the musical note fabric that was used on the edging from a mill in the UK. I do not know how it was distributed to different outlets, in different countries, but was certainly available to purchase on-line.

I've read that the case was suspended in the brush, to me that means that the case was up off the ground

Are these the type of brush that keep the green foliage year round?

imagesU0ARUPWH.jpg
Do you mean the fabric with the musical notes was sold in spotlight? Just curious as seems police think it's from the USA but if you know it's not might be worth letting then know [emoji4]

I also found the musical print fabric at a mill in the UK. I am not sure how it was distributed in or in which Countries but it certainly is available to purchase on-line. Sorry I don't know how to post a picture. I copied the photo into my computer photo album but do not know how to bring it over to here. Can someone help, if you feel this is worthy of posting? Never mind, duh, I figured it out.

imagesU0ARUPWH.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I don't know if it's relevant, but there is a British based supplier of baby/small child goods including clothes called Baby 2000. I can't see anything like the shorts in the photos, but it's not impossible that it could have been a now-discontinued style. Not sure if they ship to Australia, but they do sell on ebay, and something could have gone with an immigrating family who then passed it to a second hand shop.

Everything about this case is just SO bizarre.

Surely the man seen with the suitcase can't be related?! Surely!! He was seen at two separate times and the suitcase is really quite distinct. Witnesses would recognize it straight away. Mayne he had it inside another suitcase but why hang around/come back with the same suitcase? And wasn't he seen AFTER the suitcase was first spotted by motorists?

So bizarre and confusing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-26/quilt-clue-to-child-bones-murder-victim-wynarka/6648582

Hi guys, above is the latest from ABC which I am sure a lot of you would have already seen, I do apologize for what I am about to bring up now if you have already discussed it as I haven't read through the thread for a couple of days...

But in the article it says that the suitcase was put there since mid March, didn't they say about a week ago that someone had confirmed that they HAD seen the suitcase about the end of March??? So I am wondering then if this is so, wouldn't it rule out the guy with the suitcase if he was seen April and May???

I gather they are covering all bases. One thing is for sure is that if this guy has nothing to do with it, you would certainly think he would have come forward by now to clear himself as it has been all over the media, so there is a strong chance he would know that the authorities want to speak to him.

I also think that if it was from some organized paedophile gang he wouldn't be walking around with a victim in a suitcase and then dumping it on the side of the road....they'd be a bit more professional than that.

I really think it is some form of family situation and something has happened to cause a change of situation and ensuing panic to get rid of the remains...... maybe it is a case of remains being discovered by someone,, a grandad or similar and wanting her to be found......

I too don't think it is MM but you know what nothing would surprise me in this day and age any more.....

I also want to add that someone yesterday put on here that it was mentioned that the quilt is the type that is given to mothers in distress.....this has been mentioned a couple of times here on social media in Townsville as well... Womens shelters are known to have packs that include this type of thing that are made by volunteers..... My mother makes these quilts and donates them, she has also donated quite a few to our hospital here for the childrens ward. I bet that is why they are contacting the quilting groups, to see if someone can remember making this and where it may have been donated to.... ok that's me caught up, of to do the housework and keep my ears opened to any more news..... have a nice day all those in AUstralia, and hope those elsewhere are maybe having a good nights sleep???

I realize it's smaller than the standard size (that's why I was trying to figure out the size) ... being hand-made means nothing IMO because it could have come from a thrift shop or be a hand-me-down or even this little girl's when she was a baby but a 2-4 year old carrying a small blankie? they usually outgrow that when they're mobile along with the pacifier

I came to the opposite conclusion -- that it was handmade, probably a gift, and probably the girl's blankie that she carried for comfort etc. 90x90cm isn't even a standard size; the vast majority of manufactured baby blankets and quilts are rectangular.

If that is a standard size somewhere, that might be a big clue to her origins.

I don't see what others are seeing when it comes to that. It was hidden behind bushes off a highway in a rural area right? It's not like it was left on a sidewalk in a downtown urban centre.

Theory makes sense apart from leaving the body/case in such an easily found place (MOO).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz