GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much actual time was there for WE to spend teaching this child while the mother works? She worked in the evening from 8-2:30am....at which time a child that small would or should be in bed.......

I agree that after 8pm may not be a lot of potty training. But perhaps Lonzie's schedule/routine was later. So it could be a couple hours. I don't care for the word "should" in that sentence because there is not necessarily a certain time a child this age SHOULD be in bed. It varies based on that family's specific routine. With this family, who knows if they even had a routine. But if they did, it's likely it could have been that they had later bedtimes and later waking time in the morning.

But the general point of your post, yes...I agree with. If the mom is working overnights, there probably wasn't that much time each day to do any sort of potty training.

how much actual time was there for WE to spend teaching this child while the mother works? She worked in the evening from 8-2:30am....at which time a child that small would or should be in bed.......

Yeah it doesn't make any sense that this guy should have had much do in the way of raising these kids if that was the schedule. They're small enough that they would have been in bed either before mom went to work or very soon after and so as far as they would have known, their mother was always there.

Was it really their routine to wake the kids up at 2 in the morning to pick up mom from work? Am I the only person not buying this at all? It seems more likely that they would have left the kids sleeping in the apartment, especially since they lived there with someone else.

my older two were three years and 2 months. my step son was also 3 years and two months and i did not even train him, his mom did.

girls generally can be trained earlier than boys.

in my experience, that is the case. i dont think i need to type all that out though, i am obviously not able to link some study or proof. some kids can train earlier but generally, no. also, some ppl "pot" their kids while looking for signs they are going to go to the bathroom, in my own opinion, that is not the same as potty training because it is the caregiver that is potting them.

nit picking is bothersome to me.

Do you have a link for that? Mine were all potty trained by two. Don't mean to take away from the seriousness of this child's disappearance, but it bothers me when a blanket statement is made as fact.

I thought I remember reading that she worked there irregularly. So maybe sometimes she worked earlier hours (is that place even open in the daytime?)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/coworke...ddler/34381252

Co-workers raise money for mom of missing toddler

'It's caught all of us off guard,' co-worker says after 21-month-old goes missing

--snip--

One of Barton's Ravenwood Apartments neighbors, who asked not to be identified, said she never saw any issues when Barton was with Ebron. She said they were always friendly, and she even frequently saw Ebron with the children in the car.

Barton's coworkers are joining others in praying for Lonzie's safe return and are also organizing a fundraiser to help the young mother.

“She's always happy, bubbly. She's happy to be here,” said Ellise Perbtani, who worked with Barton at the club for the last few months. “I just remember the first time she introduced herself to me and she came and sat by me. She was just sweet. She didn't have anything to do at the time and she was trying to start conversation, and that's just not something you see a lot in this environment.”

Perbtani said Lonzie's disappearance has rocked those who work with her.

--more@link
progress.gif

IMO...if WE would leave them alone in the dark in the car so he could go do some coke....he would leave them in the bed to go pick up the mom......none of this makes any sense to me

The guy from Wacko's said she worked there "infrequently". Maybe she worked other places too. ??

IMO...if WE would leave them alone in the dark in the car so he could go do some coke....he would leave them in the bed to go pick up the mom......none of this makes any sense to me

That is what I think too. They're safer in the apartment than alone in a running car. How far was the apartment from the mom's workplace? If the roommate was home then why wake two sleeping children and take them along to a strip club in the middle of the night instead of just letting them sleep? It makes no sense to me.

The guy from Wacko's said she worked there "infrequently". Maybe she worked other places too. ??

I assumed she worked there when she needed some cash. That's not based on anything, though, just my hunch. JMO.

Please find the little boy today!

That is what I think too. They're safer in the apartment than alone in a running car. How far was the apartment from the mom's workplace? If the roommate was home then why wake two sleeping children and take them along to a strip club in the middle of the night instead of just letting them sleep? It makes no sense to me.

I am wondering now if maybe he just had the little boy in the car for disposal reasons and the little girl came to him crying from inside the home saying she was afraid.....I have not really looked at the apt complex where they lived, but would a 5 yr old be able to find their way back to the correct apartment in the dark....from the parking area...at 2am?

Yeah it doesn't make any sense that this guy should have had much do in the way of raising these kids if that was the schedule. They're small enough that they would have been in bed either before mom went to work or very soon after and so as far as they would have known, their mother was always there.

Was it really their routine to wake the kids up at 2 in the morning to pick up mom from work? Am I the only person not buying this at all? It seems more likely that they would have left the kids sleeping in the apartment, especially since they lived there with someone else.

No, you are not the only one who isn't buying it. IMO, neither drug use nor potty training nor intensive care-taking duties are the key factor here. This is a violent man. Anything under the sun could have made him do this. Maybe his tolerance for toddlerhood was diminished due to drug use. Maybe he lost control when he was "disciplining" Lonzie. Who knows? Maybe he is a hateful, controlling, jealous man who lost his cool for no logical reason whatsoever. Maybe he and Mom had been arguing and he did something with/to Lonzie just to hurt her. We just don't know the motive yet. LE in today's presser said they are considering many possible motives.

Ok. Something about having the 5 year old there as a witness bothers me. And what I mean by "there" I mean ALIVE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im thinking maybe Lonna usually drives to work but this night he wanted the car to get drugs?

Im thinking maybe Lonna usually drives to work but this night he wanted the car to get drugs?

I am not totally sure on this but as close to sure as I can get without actually experiencing it myself: surely the mom's workplace was a pretty good place to procure drugs if need be. Seems strange that the BF would go to a separate place in the middle of the night to get them.

As to why the mother did not take the car, it is entirely possible that the BF thought of the car as his car only (which it was) and perhaps he did not let her drive it. Maybe he did not want it parked all night in a seedy location like that.

[video=twitter;625784668311396352]https://twitter.com/wjxtvic/status/625784668311396352[/video]
@WJXTvic: NEW- Here's pic of #LonzieBarton with his mother, father, sister and brother. #AmberAlert continues. #FINDLONZIE http://t.co/135AsRsrYX

I can't get the pix to post here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Girl talking on TV now is Lonzie's Aunt, wow how she looks like Misty Croslin.

On firstcoastnews

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When LE is saying preplanned, is he meaning a preplanned murder, or is he trying to scare Ebron into telling he sold Lonzie, but if he doesn't tell where he was, this will be a murder investigation? The one thing they needed was money, they'd been kicked out of an apt, rented a room from a friend. She didn't work fulltime at the club. There's a possible drug deal that night, but at the same time there's a search going on as if he's no longer alive.

I got the impression by 'transactions' that he was possibly selling, not buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj