Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark clouds of memory of Jenise Wright's case are rolling around in my head.

Yep, I will take that helicopter parent label any day over "mother of victim", as one well spoken Websleuther commented earlier.

Just saw that Marc Klaas posted that she was found dead and that they had a suspect. So sad.

UPDATE 8:24 P.M. — Police sources say missing girl’s body has been found, possibly in a storage shed.

Law enforcement vehicles swarmed the parking lot of the The Tannery, the apartment complex where the girl was last seen.

At least one person was placed in custody at the scene. A woman was heard screaming at officers and asking why they were arresting her son.

Police have a crime scene set up around the parking lot at The Tannery. KRON 4’s Alecia Reid is on-scene and we’ll have the latest as it becomes available.

http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

This is just beyond heartbreaking.

I just came in from an evening spent seeing the success of my 7.5 year old learning to ride his bike.
I'd read about Maddy earlier today & I popped back I here as soon as I got my kiddos in bed. Praying she'd been found... This is just absolutely devastating. I'm praying so hard for her little friends & her family. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like so many of you, my heart is broken. So senseless...

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Only because my daughter was a little social butterfly and she and her friends took their scooters to where the boys skateboarded, whenever she could figure out a way. Parking lots are full of 9 and 10 yr old skater boys at the beach. JMO

There is a skate park along the way.

This is just beyond heartbreaking.

I just came in from an evening spent seeing the success of my 7.5 year old learning to ride his bike.
I'd read about Maddy earlier today & I popped back I here as soon as I got my kiddos in bed. Praying she'd been found... This is just absolutely devastating. I'm praying so hard for her little friends & her family. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Congrats to your boy!

bilde

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...s-door-to-door-for-santa-cruz-8-year-old-girl

I went back through some pics from the first part of the thread, because I knew I had seen the Mom standing in front of those mailboxes.

Is that the red door/shed they are talking about where she was found?

I know the reports say a teenager was arrested. I assume they have a reason for that.

This can't just be she crawled in there waiting for her friend...door got shut, she overheated and died, right?

Not that the outcome would change. It would have different complexities as to why wasn't she found, etc. But I don't want this to be criminal. I just don't.

Congrats to your boy!

Thank you. He's SO excited & very proud. It was the ONLY thing he wanted to do this summer "learn to ride my bike!" I'm a proud mama tonight... But also feeling so so very sad for Maddy & her family. I just can't imagine the heartbreak they feel. My prayers are with Maddy's family & all of her friends. I pray that there are very qualified people to be there tonight for everyone, but especially all the littles. I can't wrap my mind around this, I certainly can't imagine 8 & 9 year olds can or have any comprehension of what has happened.
[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Here's what was said earlier.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/news/local-news/search-for-madyson-middleton-the-first-24-hours/34387480

"We did have a specialized K-9 unit and they looked in the surrounding area so it wasn't just the beach area, they were able to track her scent around the Tannery area, around the woodland area and of course around the beach area. We are looking at every single possibility and every nook and cranny to find Maddy Middleton," said Joyce Blaschke, Police Press Information Officer.

If the shed is nearby the mailboxes and the surveillance video shows her riding her bike by the mailboxes, I wonder what it shows of the teen who was arrested. He must be on there, right? I wonder how she was missed in there if they reviewed the footage on the camera? ETA: I don't understand how they wouldn't have looked in the areas right by where she was last seen at the start of the search. A shed would be a pretty legitimate place to look... could she have been moved there later on?

bilde

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...s-door-to-door-for-santa-cruz-8-year-old-girl

I went back through some pics from the first part of the thread, because I knew I had seen the Mom standing in front of those mailboxes.

Is that the red door/shed they are talking about where she was found?

I know the reports say a teenager was arrested. I assume they have a reason for that.

This can't just be she crawled in there waiting for her friend...door got shut, she overheated and died, right?

Not that the outcome would change. It would have different complexities as to why wasn't she found, etc. But I don't want this to be criminal. I just don't.

Looks exactly like the one on TV that I was referring to in my post, unless the complex is super huge and has more than one mailbox area and shed with a red door. Great memory on your part!

Thank you. He's SO excited & very proud. It was the ONLY thing he wanted to do this summer "learn to ride my bike!" I'm a proud mama tonight... But also feeling so so very sad for Maddy & her family. I just can't imagine the heartbreak they feel. My prayers are with Maddy's family & all of her friends. I pray that there are very qualified people to be there tonight for everyone, but especially all the littles. I can't wrap my mind around this, I certainly can't imagine 8 & 9 year olds can or have any comprehension of what has happened.
[emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

I know the pride, these milestones are what make motherhood such a privilege! My kids are 4, 7, 7, 10, and 12, and we celebrate their achievements frequently. Love!

I'm sure this tight knit community is shattered tonight, big hugs to all the residents.

Rip sweet girl. IFshe was right near that mailbox area...wow, I don't even know what to think in regards to search dogs and all the hope we put into them nearly every case. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member