TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see that she (LEK) had multiple miscarriages?

Admittedly I kind of skimmed over that when I posted as I was more focused on my point of her daughter not having complications as far as we know. I should have addressed that.

I just don't believe Lori was 54 in 2008. To me that age is more likely to be the tail end of menopause and yes, it's possible, I just think it's pretty unlikely, even with her fertility treatments. the height doesn't match and Denise is on the "not a match" list... That adds to my doubts too.

If she ran away from a bad home life there is a good chance no one ever reported her missing.I think the only way her identity will be known is if someone that knew her at an early age recognizes her picture. Whatever her story was she must have really hated her life and wanted a new start. jmo

If LEK is who ss1988 believes she is, then she doesn't sound like someone who would have been reported missing. She was living far away from her mother but still in contact with her. It wouldn't have been hard for her to lie about what she was doing to her mom while living her new life, possibly until her mother passed away.

If LEK is who ss1988 believes she is, then she doesn't sound like someone who would have been reported missing. She was living far away from her mother but still in contact with her. It wouldn't have been hard for her to lie about what she was doing to her mom while living her new life, possibly until her mother passed away.

That makes sense but then I come back to, "then why the elaborate identity change?" If she was such a nice, clean, reserved person who danced in clubs (something I could see keeping from mom), why the need to change not only her name, but her entire identity? This isn't someone who woke up one morning and said, "gee, I don't feel like a 'Susie', anymore. I think I'll change my name." She either was keeping a major secret from her bf, something drastic happened just after bf or s/s is thinking of someone else. Would love to know the name they were thinking of.

Wasn't someone looking into obits? Any luck with that? I'd love to help but don't know where to start.

Has Jackie Kay Boyer ever been discussed as a possibility here? There isn't much known about her disappearance. I see some similarities: shape of mouth and front teeth, slightly upturned nose, dimple on right cheek.lr.jpg

Admittedly I kind of skimmed over that when I posted as I was more focused on my point of her daughter not having complications as far as we know. I should have addressed that.

I just don't believe Lori was 54 in 2008. To me that age is more likely to be the tail end of menopause and yes, it's possible, I just think it's pretty unlikely, even with her fertility treatments. the height doesn't match and Denise is on the "not a match" list... That adds to my doubts too.

I was the person who submitted Denise Sheehy's name for consideration and you are right, she was excluded very quickly. TOO quickly in my opinion. As far as the disparity in their reported heights, I wonder what your thoughts are on the possibility (or likelyhood) that LEK had Marfans or some other kind of genetic (growth) disorder?

According to the documents I linked to earlier, LEK's height went from 5'6" to 5'10" or more in just a few years - starting from when her claimed age was 19. Most women don't continue to grow in height after that age.

I was the person who submitted Denise Sheehy's name for consideration and you are right, she was excluded very quickly. TOO quickly in my opinion. As far as the disparity in their reported heights, I wonder what your thoughts are on the possibility (or likelyhood) that LEK had Marfans or some other kind of genetic (growth) disorder?

According to the documents I linked to earlier, LEK's height went from 5'6" to 5'10" or more in just a few years - starting from when her claimed age was 19. Most women don't continue to grow in height after that age.

In Marfan Syndrome: A Primer For Clinicians And Scientists on page 31, under the Growth and Maturation subheading, it says:

...Marfan children have their peak height velocity ("growth spurt") about two years early. Menarche occurs earlier than usual in most Marfan girls.

If LEK has Marfan's, given that their growth spurt happens early and Marfan children are in the 95th percentile or higher for height, I'd find it hard to believe that Lori was actually 5'6" at that point in her life, and I've never read anything saying that Marfan syndrome causes excessive growth past childhood - please correct me if I am wrong. I am personally of the thought that the discrepancy in height was a clerical error. I do think it's possible that LEK had Marfan's though.

In Marfan Syndrome: A Primer For Clinicians And Scientists on page 31, under the Growth and Maturation subheading, it says:

That doesn't say anything about Marfan children just continuing to grow, but I've never read anything saying that Marfan syndrome causes excessive growth past childhood - please correct me if I am wrong. I am personally of the thought that the discrepancy in height was a clerical error. I do think it's possible that LEK had Marfan's though.

I understand the points that you are trying to make. I only use the reference to Marfan's loosely. There are other growth disorders that should also be considered. We don't have enough reliable data and images to know for certain, what LEK's height was from year to year. We are left to assume (as you did) that clerical errors account for the disparities or we can assume (as I do) that LEK experienced some additional growth after 1988.

It is inarguable that LEK was a very tall woman with very long fingers, large hands, etc. If she reached her adult height as early as you (and others) are suggesting Denise Sheehy did. . . the Missing Person's report on that young lady would be extremely hard to miss.

For me, all things point in the direction of a continuation in LEK's growth after the point that her growth typically should have stopped. Whether it's a pituitary problem, Marfan's or something else? No matter the cause, the overall evidence (to me) suggests that LEK's growth continued.

I understand the points that you are trying to make. I only use the reference to Marfan's loosely. There are other growth disorders that should also be considered. We don't have enough reliable data and images to know for certain, what LEK's height was from year to year. We are left to assume (as you did) that clerical errors account for the disparities or we can assume (as I do) that LEK experienced some additional growth after 1988.

It is inarguable that LEK was a very tall woman with very long fingers, large hands, etc. If she reached her adult height as early as you (and others) are suggesting Denise Sheehy did. . . the Missing Person's report on that young lady would be extremely hard to miss.

For me, all things point in the direction of a continuation in LEK's growth after the point that her growth typically should have stopped. Whether it's a pituitary problem, Marfan's or something else? No matter the cause, the overall evidence (to me) suggests that LEK's growth continued.

You quoted as I was editing! Oops. :blushing:

I wouldn't know where to start with other growth disorders - do any have similar symptoms of Marfan's? I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one... I don't really see any markers that Lori experienced continued growth because as you say, I chalk it up to a clerical error.

You quoted as I was editing! Oops. :blushing:

I wouldn't know where to start with other growth disorders - do any have similar symptoms of Marfan's? I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one... I don't really see any markers that Lori experienced continued growth because as you say, I chalk it up to a clerical error.

I don't profess to know how much LEK's growth continued or by how much. So, it's not likely that I can convince you and/or others that her growth continued past the age of fifteen and a half (Denise Sheehy's age when she disappeared.)

That's why I'm trying to appeal to your deductive reasoning.

We know that LEK was very tall (est. 5'10") at the time of her death in 2010. Correct?
We also know that her reported height in 1988 was only 5'6"
When we assume (as you do) that the license in 1988 was only a clerical error,. . . that means that LEK was at her full height (5'10") in 1988. Right?

So, wouldn't we have to assume that her reported weight of 130 lbs was also a clerical error?

Otherwise, we have a nearly six foot tall young woman weighing only 130 lbs in 1988 who was claiming to be Becky Sue Turner. .

And we would have a Missing Person "somewhere" who would fit that physical description.

That young lady would be extremely hard to miss.

I think the only reasonable conclusion to make is that LEK's growth continued past the reported height and weight on her license in 1988.

And we would have a Missing Person "somewhere" who would fit that physical description.

You're making a jump here. Just like we don't know her exact growth chart, we don't know if she was ever actually a "Missing Person".

I just don't believe was that she was 5'6" when she got her Idaho ID card in 1988. She might not have been at her full height in '88 - I could see her as 5'8" being mistaken for 5'6".

That's a good point that the 130 lbs. would probably have to be a clerical error too...

Question. Hypothetically - if Denise Sheehy was FLEK (and I really don't think she was), being born in Feb 1954, she'd be 34 in 1988. You think she'd grow 4" after the age of 34?

I don't profess to know how much LEK's growth continued or by how much. So, it's not likely that I can convince you and/or others that her growth continued past the age of fifteen and a half (Denise Sheehy's age when she disappeared.)

We know that LEK was very tall (est. 5'10") at the time of her death in 2010. Correct?
When we assume (as you do) that the license in 1988 was only a clerical error,. . . that means that LEK was at her full height (5'10") in 1988. Right?

So, wouldn't we have to assume that her reported weight of 130 lbs was also a clerical error?

Otherwise, we have a nearly six foot tall young woman weighing only 130 lbs in 1988 who was claiming to be Becky Sue Turner. .

That young lady would be extremely hard to miss.

I think the only reasonable conclusion to make is that LEK's growth continued past the reported height and weight on her license in 1988.

I'm 5'9 and just recently gained weight up to 130. I was at 125 for a while, and while I was slim. I wasn't -that- slim. I still had breasts and a hips, now at 130 I have a little bit of a belly, too. The average Victoria's Secret model is 5'10 and 122 lbs, and most of their weight is muscle from the intense workouts they have to do, but when you see pictures of them they don't look extremely unusual when it comes to proportions.

So it's not that hard to assume that she could blend in reasonably well.

QUOTE]

I think that she put 5'9" on the application for her license and it was accidentally entered as 5'6". If you look at the number keypad, the 9 is just above the 6--I can see someone easily making this mistake. She probably was 130 lbs, so I don't think that was a typo.

Is it possible she intentionally put 5'6"? She had some knowledge of how to change her identity. Possibly considered a height difference to throw off LE or anyone else accessing her records. Last time I was at DMV they didn't pay any mind to my stats. OK it's a wild thought but ya just never know!

Is it possible she intentionally put 5'6"? She had some knowledge of how to change her identity. Possibly considered a height difference to throw off LE or anyone else accessing her records. Last time I was at DMV they didn't pay any mind to my stats. OK it's a wild thought but ya just never know!

Also, those stats are self-reported. It's not like the DMV was actually measuring and weighing her. I live in a state now that doesn't record weight, but, when I did, you bet your bottom dollar that I shaved 10 pounds off my weight. #vanity I wouldn't put too much significance into those stats.

EDIT: mistype

You're making a jump here. Just like we don't know her exact growth chart, we don't know if she was ever actually a "Missing Person".

This is true. We do not know (yet) whether or not LEK was ever reported missing before she started assuming her false identities. I would be interested in knowing what the stats and odds are on that. Specifically, I would like to know how many young women (19 and under) become estranged from their families, never get reported missing and (seemingly) don't have anyone in their past that is looking for them.

I just don't believe was that she was 5'6" when she got her Idaho ID card in 1988

Okay. How tall do you believe she was in 1988?

She might not have been at her full height in '88

That tells me that you agree that LEK could have still been growing well after she reached the age that Denise Sheehy went missing. 16.

I could see her as 5'8" being mistaken for 5'6".

Again, what height do you believe LEK was in 1988 and what evidence do you base that conclusion on?

Question. Hypothetically - if Denise Sheehy was FLEK (and I really don't think she was), being born in Feb 1954, she'd be 34 in 1988. You think she'd grow 4" after the age of 34?

That's a very good question because it relies very heavily on the details of all the information I have
been basing my claims upon. (do some searches and reading before I finish this answer)

After doing a bit of reading, I have to say that I do think it is possible that LEK might have still been growing at that age (34.) Especially, if she had some kind of problem with her pituitary gland and if her growth plates never fused as a result of her continued growth.

I have contemplated that possibility myself. It's a very good possibility in LEK's case - that she would have tried to skew her "official" measurements - including her eye color. Looking at the images, however. . . We know what she looked like shortly before her death and we also know what her measurements were at that time. So, when we compare those images from 2010 to her photo on her 1988 I.D. - we can "see" how much thinner (smaller?) she was. . . at least in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998