Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG is this good or bad? But if it was the M's attorney that asked for it, I don't think it is. And why ask just for SM and not both?!

sent from my mobile using tapatalk
He probably has a job that would be inside the 5 mile radius so he needs them to amend his bond conditions so he is able to work it.

He probably has a job that would be inside the 5 mile radius so he needs them to amend his bond conditions so he is able to work it.

That makes sense. When I read that update my heart slipped a beat, you know?

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

I was just coming on here to see what you all thought this meant.

JMO but I think it might be more than a job thing. TM is waaaaayyyyy too happy about this. She claims that they are booked for DW in September.

I would like to know why this couple has not been to court over the fraud charges. Isn't that separate from this murder case? My thinking is that it is. Am I wrong? Wonder what the state is waiting for to prosecute that? It's been a while since they were charged. One would have to believe this would not be hard to prove.

I suspect the state is waiting to see if they can convict them on the murder charges, which is what the state most wants of all the charges made against them. If the states does successfully convict, then no need to spend the $$ to take them to trial on fraud charges. And if they don't get a conviction on the murder charges, then they have the fraud to fall back on and take to trial, which will carry a prison term if they are convicted.

I would like to know why this couple has not been to court over the fraud charges. Isn't that separate from this murder case? My thinking is that it is. Am I wrong? Wonder what the state is waiting for to prosecute that? It's been a while since they were charged. One would have to believe this would not be hard to prove.
IMO, the State is going after the more serious charges first.

The delay to me makes it seem like they don't have any direct evidence to win in court... sorry to say. [emoji35]

it wouldn't surprise me because she's so manipulative but I don't think there's any way to make him look dumber than he is IMO

I have little doubt that's actually TM posting as SM. She's trying to dumb him down, so that it's not obvious she's the one doing the posting.

Direct Evidence = eyewitness to the murder, or video of the murder being committed, or confession by the perp.

Everything else is considered "circumstantial evidence," and this includes forensic evidence as well. Circumstantial evidence is often even stronger than "direct evidence." Note that of the cases getting overturned decades after conviction, it's often due to a coerced false confession or bad eyewitness testimony (i.e. "direct evidence"). DNA is used by innocence commissions to prove who the perp really is and that is actually "circumstantial evidence."

Both types of evidence are treated equally under the law. Most murders are circumstantial cases.

If there's enough circumstantial evidence, the inference the perp committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt can be made. The DA evaluates a case to see if they feel confident they can prove the charges to a 12 person jury.

Alright then, strong enough circumstantial evidence. There, I said it.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_48c51490-3793-11e5-874e-17ba5114691b.html

"Although specifics about the reason for Thursday’s hearing haven'’t been disclosed, based on conditions of Sidney Moorer’s bond, it’s likely that Truslow is seeking the easing of travel restrictions.
As conditions of bond, the Moorers are prohibited from traveling outside of South Carolina. They are required to wear GPS monitoring devices."

Where's Heather's opportunity to travel? Let's ease that restriction!

I didn't even think about the fact that TM is probably posting on SM's account. Duh!

I had a dream the other night that I saw TM and her daughter in a restaurant in my home town, which is several states away from SC. It was the pre-prison-diet TM. I was going to walk up to her table and hand her a piece of paper that said #JusticeForHeather on it and walk away, but she left too soon.

Whatever they're doing, it won't erase any evidence obtained (assuming there is evidence that can prove their culpability in this murder). As much as people hate it (and I know everyone does hate it), until or unless this couple is convicted, they are free to live their lives within the constraints given by the court.

Whatever they're doing, it won't erase any evidence obtained (assuming there is evidence that can prove their culpability in this murder). As much as people hate it (and I know everyone does hate it), until or unless this couple is convicted, they are free to live their lives within the constraints given by the court.

ITA, but I think they will need a much better reason than a trip to Disney World to be able to leave the state while facing murder charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member