OH - Samuel Dubose, 43, killed by Cincinnati LE during traffic stop, 19 July 2015

Some were sent the day of the attack, but whatever it was, the judge found lacking. Since the case was dismissed maybe the judge's ruling is out there somewhere and the media will post it. Would be interesting to see what caused the judge to throw it out.

BBM

Same day but still AFTER the attack in which he was beaten to a pulp. If I was beaten to a pulp like that I think I would be sending similar text msgs to friends.

ZjE5OGFkNjE5ZDkw.jpg

It showed he was extremely overzealous in "executing justice" which is what we see in the stop gone wrong.

It showed he was extremely overzealous in "executing justice" which is what we see in the stop gone wrong.

How would you react if you were assaulted? There is no such thing as being "overzealous" in "executing justice" when you are the victim.

Only other article/news I could find. Really surprised the charges were thrown out. Hope one of you real sleuthers can find out more.

According to the police report one of the men grabbed Tensing in a choke hold, hit him in the face and put him on the ground where another assailant kicked Tensing in the face. While the two men were arrested and charged, an attorney in the case told Local 12 the case fell apart as soon as Tensing testified.

According to court documents the felonious assault charges were dismissed which was why Local 12 was not naming the two men initially charged with attacking Tensing.

Local 12 is still looking into the reasons why the case was dismissed and will keeping searching for answers.

http://local12.com/m/news/features/...ight-in-August-2010-178918.shtml#.VcFvOvNViko

I saw the segment on Megan Kelly's show. Her two talking heads seemed to concur in their opinions that Tensing is toast.

Were there any 'new developments in the case' revealed?

So even the esteemed Megyn Kelly won't touch the '2 pound' rumor. That puts her up a notch in my book. (So now she's at 'notch one'.)

If you are referring to his comments after two guys beat him up, I don't agree. To me it sounds more like someone trying to act tuff to his friends after getting his behind kicked. Nothing I have heard so far tells me he was the one who started the trouble. Until more comes out, I don’t see how this helps or hurts his current case.

At least two of the messages involved Tensing attempting to co-ordinate stories with a friend. Until or unless we learn more, all we can go by is what is said in this report.

“"I think he came across as arrogant. He came across as having something to hide cause when he was confronted with the messages I think there was at least two where he wanted to get together with his friend and get their stories together. He didn't recall those and I think he came across as disingenuous," said Clark.”​

In other words, IMO, Tensing lied under oath.

Read More at: http://www.local12.com/news/feature...ibility-questioned-in-prior-case-180492.shtml

Too bad he wasn't charged with contempt or perjury -- it might have kept him off the streets as a LEO.

One has to wonder if his background in 'getting the story straight' with his friends spilled over into his career as a police officer.

Too bad he wasn't charged with contempt or perjury -- it might have kept him off the streets as a LEO.

One has to wonder if his background in 'getting the story straight' with his friends spilled over into his career as a police officer.
Your comment reminds me of one of my continuing thoughts/questions; 3 University of Cincinnati police officers, all in the same location, at the same time, a significant distance from the campus, because of a car without a front license plate.

so we can find the article again in the future, in case the little url becomes defunct:

tensing investigation: Credibility questioned in prior case
wkrc cbs cincinnati
updated: Tue, aug 04 2015, 07:23 pm cincinnati (rich jaffe) --

“in 2010, before ray tensing became a police officer, he was involved in a fight just off the uc campus.

Tensing ended up as the victim in that fight with two other young men arrested and charged with assault. Local 12 news first reported about the case friday, july 31.

When it came to trial, and tensing took the witness stand, the judge quickly dismissed the case and now it is known why. There was a stack of text messages between then 20-year-old tensing and a group of his friends. Wednesday, july 29, after a grand jury indicted tensing for the murder of sam dubose, hamilton county prosecutor joe deters said he never should have been a cop in the first place. This is very possibly why he said that.”

“while most of the messages were casual conversation, at issue were comments like the afternoon of the attack, a friend of tensing’s sent him a message using racial slurs asking, “were they (the people who attacked him) african americans or homosexuals?” tensing replied with the slang term for homosexuals.

The following day, he told another friend, “i wish i would of had my gun on me. Somebody would of left in a f....ing body bag."

and again, six days later he texted another friend saying, “i wish i had mrs. 9 on me. Somebody wouldn't of been getting up off the sidewalk then."”​

dum dah dum dum, dah!!!

Read more at: http://www.local12.com/news/feature...ibility-questioned-in-prior-case-180492.shtml

Wow!!

Your comment reminds me of one of my continuing thoughts/questions; 3 University of Cincinnati police officers, all in the same location, at the same time, a significant distance from the campus, because of a car without a front license plate.

Creepy to think about, isn't it?

His credibility in front of one judge got the whole case thrown out. I think that speaks to his character and truthfulness. And he was the victim! Don't see that often, if ever. imo

I can't believe it was dismissed. Seven staples in his head and the case was dismissed! Wth must have really happened.

I have a feeling that this won't be the last negative thing to come out about Tensing's past. He is the stereotypical loser who became a cop to bully people.

According to the police report one of the men grabbed Tensing in a choke hold, hit him in the face and put him on the ground where another assailant kicked Tensing in the face. While the two men were arrested and charged, an attorney in the case told Local 12 the case fell apart as soon as Tensing testified.

This sounds like an outright assault. Two men attacked Tensing. They got charged. He got stitches in his scalp.

So why is it being referred to as a "fight"? It reminds me of the reporting on mob violence, when 15 or 20 people attack someone, and the media report it as a "fight."

Oh, and is it formally codified in statutory or case law that things that you might say (or text) to a friend after being assaulted can or should result in the court dismissing charges against your attacker? Like, if a woman is raped, and she texts a friend afterward that all men are pigs and should die, her rapist should get off scot free because of that? Can someone explain the reasoning to me.... I'm just not getting it.

This sounds like an outright assault. Two men attacked Tensing. They got charged. He got stitches in his scalp.

So why is it being referred to as a "fight"? It reminds me of the reporting on mob violence, when 15 or 20 people attack someone, and the media report it as a "fight."

Oh, and is it formally codified in statutory or case law that things that you might say (or text) to a friend after being assaulted can or should result in the court dismissing charges against your attacker? Like, if a woman is raped, and she texts a friend afterward that all men are pigs and should die, her rapist should get off scot free because of that? Can someone explain the reasoning to me.... I'm just not getting it.

BBM

This is an excellent analogy! I'm glad that someone else on here can see this in the proper light. I know if I was assaulted in the manner Tensing was I would be sending similar texts back and forth to my friends. The notion that these texts reflect poorly on Tensing are ridiculous and I doubt they had anything to do with the charges being dropped.

You two are ignoring the most important part -- and it has nothing to do with anger, but with dishonesty and perversion of justice:

"He came across as having something to hide cause when he was confronted with the messages I think there was at least two where he wanted to get together with his friend and get their stories together. He didn't recall those and I think he came across as disingenuous," said Clark.

The first part is like witness tampering; the second part is like perjury/contempt of court. Those are far more serious matters with regard to the credibility of a witness than his anger was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back