Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

I know you don't know.
I was responding to your quotes made by his mother. As I wrote, if she says he had a sleepwalking problem then she very well could be right. She is his mother. It may not be the cause of death, but it would be good to at least respect her theory, she knows more than we do. If people are sleuths, then work with this new information instead of rejecting it. I'm not directing this to you, I'm saying this to all of us. Speculation is fine, but when people start presenting it as facts, it can easily start rumours that can be hurtful to those in mourning. Again, I think this is important for all of us to keep in mind.
We can't be so quick to come to a conclusion and make a final decision about his death without knowing more details and having facts specific to his case.

I don't know who, if anyone has come to a final decision.
I guess that is why we are discussing different scenarios
I don't believe there will ever be specific facts in this case

JMO, MOO

I posted a while back a list of items that point at this being a suicide. That is where the evidence points. Sorry if you don't have the stomach for it. I await your theory and your evidence to support it.

I don't have a theory yet Andreww. Not sure if I ever will have one. There has been some great information posted here on this forum by a great mix of people. This is the beauty of the WS website.
There isn't anything to sway me one way or the other. I was a fan of he and his partner. I'm sorry to see him pass away alone (possibly) in an alley. I don't like the idea of anyone passing away like that. I did palliative care for many years, I'm used to people passing away. Some people depart peacefully, others fight it all the way.

Please don't personalize your posts, absolutely no need for that. Either scroll and roll or use the ignore function located under you settings.

Thanks

This site is called webslueths. This particular case has strong evidence pointing towards suicide. I understand that you might not want to hear the truth about someone that you thought you knew<modsnip>?

^This. But then again, even when it appears to be "cut and dry" we still come back to check the threads. Lol :drink:

((((( NOTE: Sorry have NOT BEEN ON FOR A LONG TIME, SINCE ABOUT A YEAR AGO - BUT i HAD TO JOIN IN THIS CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL MAN / PERSON )))))

My Extreme sympathy to the family!

I just want to say *IF* it was suicide -- I would think the family would want people to know. It is a Silent Scream internally. It is a Mental Health issue. It does not pick just poor people. Look at how shocked we were with ROBIN WILLIAMS death. Always a smile -- Always laughter -- yet we were ( and many close) were blind to it.

IF it was -- I think it should be reported to the Media. We need to recognize how this disease can impact anybody from ANY social standing.

JMO, MOO -- as how this disease and mental health issue is always hidden under the Rug, as it seem to carry shame with it. Just the opposite, it is a real problem........IF this is WHAT did happen. MOO

It's entirely possible that Chris' partner Steven, in order to spare the poor Mom an even more tortured and broken heart, could have suggested to her that it was like Chris sleepwalking. I know if I had a spouse who I had reason to believe committed suicide and they were the only child of an elderly Mom, I just don't think I would have the heart or see the need to tell her that there was reason to believe it was suicide. I know for myself I would much prefer to believe a loved one who passed like this due to an accident versus by suicide. The fact of the matter is that that dear loved one is now gone, being told that it was suicide versus an accident (sleepwalking) is only going to cause even more heartbreak and suffering, and for what? Just my 2 cents.

It's entirely possible that Chris' partner Steven, in order to spare the poor Mom an even more tortured and broken heart, could have suggested to her that it was like Chris sleepwalking. I know if I had a spouse who I had reason to believe committed suicide and they were the only child of an elderly Mom, I just don't think I would have the heart or see the need to tell her that there was reason to believe it was suicide. I know for myself I would much prefer to believe a loved one who passed like this due to an accident versus by suicide. The fact of the matter is that that dear loved one is now gone, being told that it was suicide versus an accident (sleepwalking) is only going to cause even more heartbreak and suffering, and for what? Just my 2 cents.

Agreed -- she may NOT know all the facts either.

When my Dad died, the neighbor had been advised -- but was also advised to *tell us* that my Dad had only taken a turn for the worst, and that he was going to drive us to the city. The reason we were only told my Dad took a turn for the worst, was my MOM did not want us to drive, drive recklessly to the city, to be crying while driving -- so she asked the neighbor to get us, and just say Dad took a turn for the worst.

IMHO, the real clue is where his Mom said " He was a bright light, and just burnt out."

If you were sleepwalking, those words would make No sense. I think this might be another case just like Robin Williams life /death. But MOO

I am from Saskatchewan here myself....

((((( NOTE: Sorry have NOT BEEN ON FOR A LONG TIME, SINCE ABOUT A YEAR AGO - BUT i HAD TO JOIN IN THIS CONVERSATION ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL MAN / PERSON )))))

My Extreme sympathy to the family!

I just want to say *IF* it was suicide -- I would think the family would want people to know. It is a Silent Scream internally. It is a Mental Health issue. It does not pick just poor people. Look at how shocked we were with ROBIN WILLIAMS death. Always a smile -- Always laughter -- yet we were ( and many close) were blind to it.

IF it was -- I think it should be reported to the Media. We need to recognize how this disease can impact anybody from ANY social standing.

JMO, MOO -- as how this disease and mental health issue is always hidden under the Rug, as it seem to carry shame with it. Just the opposite, it is a real problem........IF this is WHAT did happen. MOO

So well stated. Thank you

I don't totally discount the sleepwalking theory. But from what I can see, sleepwalkers tend to do things that they would normally do, like cooking, eating, buying things on the internet, or even attempting to drive. So even if they are asleep, on some level they seem to be functioning. They seem to do things that they want to do if that makes sense. For instance, you don't hear of a sleep walker trying to flush his head down a toilet or poring bleach all over themselves. So if he was in fact sleepwalking, wouldn't it make sense that he was still aware on some level that he was committing suicide?

My answer to this is yes, my son seems to be aware of what he is doing or is wanting to do- Ahhh - he does things appropriately, I guess.. not sure how to say what I mean.

BUT there has been times when he has spoken in some language I have never heard in my entire life... This happened on 3 occasions - he was talking, walking towards the kitchen... Saying something... I Just keep telling him "go back to bed" over and over... He listens... So yeah, he is aware somehow :/

It's suicide, that's why nothing has been released. Any other cause we would hear about. The family may wish to deny that's what happened. That's not uncommon. The police have observed something conclusive that it's suicide. There's no awaiting autopsy results, no request for witnesses or suspects no way would this be sleepwalking without a major investigation. Hopefully he will be remembered for his life and not just his death. Robin Williams.

So scary to me.. My 13yr old sleep walks also. You can hold a conversation with him, he will eat, get drinks.. Once tried to get out of the house to go hunting.. Ect ect.

Do believe my sons sleepwalking could result in him jumping off a balcony - Yes. It is totally possible. :( Depends on what he was dreaming about :(

I don't mean to scare you Wendy101, but here's an article from our T.O. Star
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...perts-say-death-by-sleepwalking-possible.html

So scary to me.. My 13yr old sleep walks also. You can hold a conversation with him, he will eat, get drinks.. Once tried to get out of the house to go hunting.. Ect ect.

Do believe my sons sleepwalking could result in him jumping off a balcony - Yes. It is totally possible. :( Depends on what he was dreaming about :(

ITA, I used to sleepwalk as a child fairly often, and still worry that I will sleep walk and hurt myself (and have slight anxiety about sleeping quarters with balconies). I don't know if this is what happened to Chris Hyndman, but it is plausible. So sad, I like their show, he was so funny. RIP Christopher Hyndman.

Occasionally people sleep walk outside and freeze to death. Once someone killed someone. This is so rare that it would be newsworthy. And since it's not, I don't believe it.

Occasionally people sleep walk outside and freeze to death. Once someone killed someone. This is so rare that it would be newsworthy. And since it's not, I don't believe it.

You don't believe he was asleep when he murdered her?

I have no idea in that case. My point was how rarely sleepwalking results in someone's death, and if it does it's big news. Not just "news" from a Mother's comment.

You don't believe he was asleep when he murdered her?

He may have had a good lawyer. Who knows? These kinds of things happen so rarely, it's simply a matter of if the judge buys in to an expert's testimony.

Was listening to a guy on the radio this morning who was a sleepwalker. He had charges dismissed after being in a accident, claiming he was asleep. But his case was so bad that he had gone for sleep analysis prior to the incident where it was shown that he never slept for more than 7 minutes at a time. He also stated that the only times he's driven in his sleep were on occasions that he was sleeping in his car with the engine running. But still a lot different than jumping off a building IMO.

If Chris jumped off that balcony while asleep, it was because he wanted to. Maybe the reasoning element of his brain that might have stopped him was absent, but I have no doubt that this was something he was thinking about doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone credible could come out say it's sleepwalking. If that's the case why would police not say,why would someone whom was actually present not "clear his name"? His mother lives in another province, why isn't anyone clearing up the speculation by backing her up. I know no one should have to do that but he is a public figure and why would you want all this speculation going on when it couldbe cleared up easily? Ask the police to make a statement, hire a spokesperson. To me it just points more towards the unfortunate case that it was a suicide.
Why is it so hard to believe he took his own life ? At least from the Mother's statement we can confirm he fell off the building in some manner. Prior to that we only knew he was found in an alley.
There are only so many ways one can fall off a building. Only one way explains the lack of official reports and statements.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back