Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
EBC didn't seem to make an appearance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBC didn't seem to make an appearance?
Perhaps Elaine is just not doing the public thing any more. Could she have become detached? She was in a rush to leave the courtroom before hearing the victims' impact statements at the conclusion of the original trial. You would have to know the woman to know whether indignity or fatigue is driving her actions. I do wonder whether the stark realisation that 'A Current Affair' wasn't going to deliver a big payday for their story was the last straw.
An inmate at Brisbane's Wolston Correctional Centre, Baden-Clay wasn't in court for Friday's two-hour hearing in front of 200 onlookers. His father Nigel and sister Olivia Walton sat at one end of the room, separated from more than two dozen of Allison's family and supporters and many more law students who packed out the large Banco Court.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...appeal-murder-conviction#P3HuG6h1TdxWOEZz.99t

Thank you Alioop et al whom went to court. It is a great relief to me that the girls didn't hear anything.

IMO family do not have high expectations; Elaine wrings her hands in the shadows. Livvy and Nige revealed little of themselves; just another day at the office.

My call? He'll be in his 60's when he walks out the door. ;)

Actually I have another thing on my mind. I seem to remember that Olivia had applied to the Family Court to be custodian of the girls and the decision was to be made after the appeal.

As the girls are now 100% in the care of Allison's family, I trust that this won't continue. Do we still need to guard the door? Anyone know?

Actually I have another thing on my mind. I seem to remember that Olivia had applied to the Family Court to be custodian of the girls and the decision was to be made after the appeal.

As the girls are now 100% in the care of Allison's family, I trust that this won't continue. Do we still need to guard the door? Anyone know?

Ah ha! This sounds a little more like it. All that glorious money $$$ ........ and so tantalisingly close......
I remember very early in the "show", thinking of the financial benefits to Olivia, should custody be awarded to her. Then was ashamed of myself for thinking so uncharitably.

I had wondered whether the appeal had to happen on principal alone. I wanted to ask Alioop that one. (So his lawyers would not be seen as incompetent?)

Regarding GBC getting out ths side of 15 years.... Is there anything more remote than a snow flakes chance in hell? My opinion only, FWIW.

And for that parole to happen, he would have to admit to murder.
To admit to the murder, he would have to address his own EGO.
Or admit that he might have done it under the influence of some substance that must have made him forget the details.
Slight problem there though, because he then had to remember that that he forgotten, even when he drove TMcH over the bridge later.
And he had to have forgotten when the police and community were out searching.
And when the the prayer vigil was occurring in his absence. (Lest a slip up might occur)
And he still had to remember to dispose of Allison's phone. When he was in a state of forgetfulness.
And remember to get a GP to put in writing that the marks on his face were caused by the particular razor.
So much to remember to forget.
The only other scenario that makes any sense, is that random stranger (Troopers bushy bearded nutcase) that has fallen out of the sky or spacecraft or something, and taken over where GBC left off.
Call the Insurance company before Allison's body was formerly identified....Was that remember or forget?
Back to that Baden Clay EGO. Insurmountable obstacle?

olivia really seems to love the colour purple. I guess it's just a coincidence that Allison's colour and the ABC movement colour theme is yellow. You know, the opposite of purple.

Yes, probably just a coincidence.

Ladybird, speaking generally I believe appeals for murder convictions are par for the course so to speak. Mostly legal aid would pay so there is nothing to lose to try to get a conviction overturned, even to a lesser conviction with a lesser sentence.

Oh Trooper, we have missed your writing skills. I wanna be a parole officer. Wonder who will be on-line for the parole.

'Team Allison' ....we're baaack.
Great to see everyone's firing on all 6 cylinders again.

Can you imagine having that pair looking after the children?? No! Not after those filthy comments they made on the stand about Allison.
I still believe they weren't there the morning of Allison's disappearance having just an early morning cuppa.

THE CLEANERS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 165
ahh well , he is not actually saying it.. his barrister is floating the concept, seeing if it will sail on , a testing of the waters... highly unlikely to float.. at this stage of Gerard's life, it is all about words, concepts, possibilities, perspectives.. from the side where law lives, its about fact and evidence.. .. . Gerard will let anything be said that has the merest chance of raising interest.
Respectfully snipped.
It's interesting that GBC's previous legal team had not tried that direction. Probably they thought that his emails and promises and also prompt calls to insurance company kind of speak of some plan in place. I can imagine that GBC indeed did not intend to kill his wife on that particular night -- only because he most definitely had some other murder scenario in mind, some time soon.

Respectfully snipped.
It's interesting that GBC's previous legal team had not tried that direction. Probably they thought that his emails and promises and also prompt calls to insurance company kind of speak of some plan in place. I can imagine that GBC indeed did not intend to kill his wife on that particular night -- only because he most definitely had some other murder scenario in mind, some time soon.

Hi SJ. From what I remember of the trial, it was discussed (not in front of the jury) about having the charged dropped to manslaughter but was dismissed. Still I can't believe after all his and his family's denials that he can now turn around and say "Oops sorry. I did kill Allison. I forgot. But it was an accident".

Did anyone choke on their cornflakes while reading the Sunday Mail today? GBC is front page as usual but has "found God". Can someone tell him all prisoners try this? Apparently he is sleeping with bible next to his bed and reads the scriptures to comfort himself through the ordeal until his innocence is proven !!!?? (Apologies to anyone who has a sincere religious belief).

todays drollery......

'Convicted wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay has turned to God in prison.

In the lead-up to his trial, Baden-Clay wrote a letter to friends that said he felt fortunate to have been introduced to a prison pastor.

"He visits me regularly and has been helping me with general pastoral care as well as guiding my Bible study and faith journey," the letter, leaked to the News Corp said.

The Court of Appeal on Friday heard the former real estate agent's appeal against his conviction for killing his wife Allison.

A judgment is expected within three months.'

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-in-prison-20150808-giuu0q.html#ixzz3iH1NCnHv
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

watch out, Padre... Gerard will be asking you for a quick loan to tide him over at the prison canteen....

Did anyone choke on their cornflakes while reading the Sunday Mail today? GBC is front page as usual but has "found God". Can someone tell him all prisoners try this? Apparently he is sleeping with bible next to his bed and reads the scriptures to comfort himself through the ordeal until his innocence is proven !!!?? (Apologies to anyone who has a sincere religious belief).

Its damn pathetic....shouldn't be reported....*advertiser censored* of a thing he is.

Leaked letter from prison reveals Gerard Baden-Clay ‘looking forward to the opportunity to clear my name’

He had been exercising in jail, and on his fitness he wrote that he had “suffered a couple of minor injuries recently that have somewhat curtailed my physical training”. :lol:

At the end of the letter, which was signed “G, he quoted from the book The Chamber, by John Grisham, which he had been reading in his cell.

“Weird things happen within our absurd judicial system. Courts rule this way one day and the other way the next.

“The same judges reach different conclusions on *familiar issues.

A court will ignore a wild motion or *appeal for years, then one day embrace it and grant *relief. The Supreme Court drifts one way, then another.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...to-clear-my-name/story-fnihsrf2-1227475584511

Leaked letter from prison reveals Gerard Baden-Clay ‘looking forward to the opportunity to clear my name’

He had been exercising in jail, and on his fitness he wrote that he had “suffered a couple of minor injuries recently that have somewhat curtailed my physical training”. :lol:

At the end of the letter, which was signed “G, he quoted from the book The Chamber, by John Grisham, which he had been reading in his cell.

“Weird things happen within our absurd judicial system. Courts rule this way one day and the other way the next.

“The same judges reach different conclusions on *familiar issues.

A court will ignore a wild motion or *appeal for years, then one day embrace it and grant *relief. The Supreme Court drifts one way, then another.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...to-clear-my-name/story-fnihsrf2-1227475584511

This made me laugh. Poor Old Gerard, he still has not worked out which judicial system he is under.. remember his PC and the website he was gigging at. 'taking the fifth'.. ... of course, he had some idiotic story to cover that, but I assert that Gerard actually believed he could 'take the fifth'.. he had no idea he lived under a legal system that had no such of a thing.. but anyhoo... .. now, he thinks he might be able to explain his ludicrous position to the Supreme Court of the USA, where John Grisham writes his books and about where he sets them..

Gerard would be better served reading the Australian Constitution...

and ,,, signed G.. bet it was to Toni who passed it on for a small renumeration.. remember the 'signed GG' ( for Gorgeous Guy *gag* ).. of course, it stands to reason that 'friend ' will have their privilege of getting mail from Gerard severely curtailed... ..

McCoy, I didn't know God was lost

On GBC's fitness in goal:

"I was a little bit hurt. But I'm ok."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics