Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

I am so angry. This poor little boy. WHY do people take these children out to the forests and not take the proper precautions to keep them safe?! I do not understand! Bright colored clothing! Whistles around their necks! Little flashlights! There are so many common sense things to insure safety with children, but nothing like watching your children every second! There are no second chances in the wilderness for so many. It is unpredictable and deadly.

RIP Jerold Joseph Williams. :(

This is such sad news. I so hoped this little one would be found alive. Rest with the other little angels, precious one. My heart breaks for his mother and family. My deepest sympathy and prayers for their devastating loss.

JMO. I guess that I am among very few who find this story VERY fishy. Only the child was a considerable distance from the camp? And he was chasing grasshoppers? And with nothing else to distract her, she lost sight of the child? And her voice did not carry and neither did the child's? A reasonable explanation could be that he was bitten by a snake, or spider or scorpion, if they are at that elevation, but I keep wondering if he was taken away from the group to be disciplined. And not necessarily by the mother. Just my opinion.

Woke up thinking about little Jerold and the impact this news has on so many people. Sending thoughts and prayers to his family, all those that were searching, the local community, the Colorado City community, law enforcement, volunteers and SAR groups from all over the state. The effort to find him was huge. So sad. So very, very sad. RIP sweet angel.

Stayed up too late last night listening to the search and went to bed with the hope of Jerold still being alive. Woke up late for work and to this news. Been sat at my desk ever since trying not to cry for this poor sweetie - I had such high hopes they'd find him alive. Be free Jerold, the world doesn't know what it has lost with you gone. My thoughts are with your family and friends at this awful time :rose:

Random question, but does anyone know why he had such dark purple areas under both of his eyes? They don't look like black eyes, more like purplish bags under his eyes, and I'm wondering if a medical condition could cause this? I'm a nurse and don't know of anything off the top of my head other than lack of sleep that can cause dark circles under the eyes. I know some people have that happen as they age but I've never seen it in children. I know he had an abrasion next to the left eye, which looks like he probably fell into something, but the bruising wouldn't be bilateral from an injury on the left side. Plus, the purple areas are there in the first photo, too, which looked to be a bit older.

I have dark circles. I have had them since I was a child. My dad had them. I have them all the time, I don't think they are allergies in my case. I think they are just a genetic thing, and they are hideous. I have hated them as long as I have been aware of them. Make up can take away the color (a little) but not the shape. Sometimes it is just the way people are, and it doesn't mean something is wrong.

Hopefully something good will come out of this sad story and there will be less tension between Colorado City and its neighboring communities. Maybe some people in the tight-knit community have come to realize that outsiders are not all bad, and vice versa.

:( Sweet dreams, little man.

I know how you feel. I am reading backwards to see what happened.

The search for a missing 5-year-old boy who wandered from his family’s campsite north of the Grand Canyon last week ended Monday evening when searchers located the child’s dead body, officials said.

Coconino County sheriff’s officials did not immediately release further details. A sheriff’s spokesman said the body was found in an area with poor cell reception and, as a result, communication with investigators was limited.

Gerry Blair, a sheriff’s spokesman, said investigators are trying to determine the circumstances of the young boy's death. He expected to release more information late Tuesday morning.

Blair said the body likely would be taken to the county medical examiner’s office in Flagstaff, more than three hours away, where authorities would check dental records and fingerprints.

Authorities said earlier that there were no signs of an abduction or foul play and noted that the boy’s parents were devastated by the disappearance and remained involved throughout the search.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ays-later-still-searching-young-boy/31422145/

I hope they don't start playing coy with what happened up there on that mountain. There's a lot of people waiting to hear why a perfectly healthy little boy would be found dead after 4 days in fairly survivable weather, myself included.

JMO. I guess that I am among very few who find this story VERY fishy. Only the child was a considerable distance from the camp? And he was chasing grasshoppers? And with nothing else to distract her, she lost sight of the child? And her voice did not carry and neither did the child's? A reasonable explanation could be that he was bitten by a snake, or spider or scorpion, if they are at that elevation, but I keep wondering if he was taken away from the group to be disciplined. And not necessarily by the mother. Just my opinion.

It does sound strange to me, but after reading about the ruggedness of this area, Jerold could easily have disappeared. Maybe he was ignoring her calls at first and playing games but eventually got lost. I don't know if the water was close to where they were, but he could have fallen into the pond fairly soon after he went missing. He also could have become very hot and just voluntarily gone into the water to cool down.
Sad.

This may seem an odd remark after the fact, but wonder if Jerold was given boundaries when they first arrived? I understand he was with a group of 20, however, my littles always had their boundaries. When a group of children are playing, the older ones will go farther out to play and it really is not their responsibility to watch the little ones tagging along. JMO.

Speaking of this group of 20 that was in Jerold's party, do we know how many were adults and how many were children? Just curious, not blaming anyone.

Such sad news to wake up to this morning. Jerold, you are loved and missed.

I can't find one iota of real information other than he 'disappeared chasing grasshoppers 100-200 yards away'.

anyone else?

Rest in peace, dear Jerold.
This is one of my biggest fears. My son is 9 years old and severely autistic. Even though he has been in therapy (ABA, Occupational, speech, etc) since he was diagnosed at 22 months he still needs constant supervision. He loves being outdoors and especially loves water. It took a year of one on one lessons, but he is now able to swim. We work very hard on teaching him safety skills, but the possibility for him to run off is always a fear of mine. Sorry to ramble....this case has just touched me deeply. Even though my sweet boy is 9 years old, he is vulnerable just like a 5 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288