Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

Cagney and mbmc,
I can answer some of your questions: The lip balm was made and sold here in the UK, in six fairly large stores. I cannot give details, but it definitely was NOT Susan's. Though the police could not get any DNA off it (still hard to believe), they would never have found Susan's on it.
I met with the man from K9 SRS this morning to go over maps and discuss their thoughts in the organization, as well as their methods. The team will search a 500-yard radius around the last sighting today. It's the first thing they always do, regardless of how many people have searched it before. And since Scotland has "free walking" laws (you aren't considered to be trespassing on someone's property even though you are walking on it, as long as you don't damage it) they will have free reign. The man is ready to search until dark, but I doubt the dog can do that much searching. The terrain to the east, in Griffin Forest, will take it's toll on a dog who zig-zags back and forth on either side of the handler as they walk forward. Their second focus will be in hh's Phoebe area/lip balm area, but that will likely be tomorrow when the second dog and handler join in. They will search northward from there.
I emailed Police Scotland today asking the fate of the paper towel/handkerchief. I have one point of contact there, and he does deserve days off. I might get a reply tonight, or maybe next week.
hh, have the police said anything about returning your blanket? I haven't heard that they plan to re-test anything. But before the blanket is washed, we should decide if we want another lab to try to flush blood out of Phoebe's sleeping section, to test for animal/human and for Susan's DNA. Police told me they only found a half-inch spot to try testing on. Hmmm....

I came over on a one-way ticket. Not sure when I'll go home. Anybody in the Arlington, VA area that might go check that the weeds haven't consumed my home?

Regarding the sighting on creiff road at 810 and non sighting at 818pm.

Was it raining at that point to where Susan might have just ducked under cover amongst the buildings at the Nursery? At that point, Susan's walk had been 'interrupted' by passers by two times. The gate house would be the first place to get off the road to find actual solitude. Was Susan aware of the trailhead location further down the road such that it would have been a calculated destination for her upon leaving the resort?

What led police to do that intensive search at Pitilie farm, some clue, evidence or witness information?

Barra the cadaver dog found a deer carcass today. Nothing more. Searching in the lip balm/hh's Phoebe area tomorrow, with two search teams. And a group of community foot searchers in forest sections west of last Saturday's search.

Barra the cadaver dog found a deer carcass today. Nothing more. Searching in the lip balm/hh's Phoebe area tomorrow, with two search teams. And a group of community foot searchers in forest sections west of last Saturday's search.

There are some wonderful people on this planet. So glad to read that you have two search teams, three search teams. Sending good vibrations your way!

I watched the videos with Barra at work on the website of the K9 searchers. What a lovely, energetic and hardworking rescuer Barra is! So alert and his concentration is amazing.
http://www.k9srs.co.uk/what-we-do

Have just looked at the weather forecast for Aberfeldy, it's looking good for today!

Echoing ZaZara, there are indeed some wonderful people on this planet.

Thinking of all taking part today, with special thoughts for Susan, take care.

I doubt I'm the only one who kept refreshing this thread all day. I'm so glad K9 came out to help. I hope the search covered a lot of ground, even if nothing is found at least it rules areas out.

Not the outcome desired, but glad her family and friends will have closure. RIP Susan. And {{{hugs}}} to Lumberjill, Hippy and Equivet and family.

I'm glad she's finally been found. I realize this is not the time but when Hippy is ready to come back, I hope she will update her map and show where she was found.

Oh gosh, wasn't expecting this news at all.

Feel so sad for all of you that knew her, and for HH who has been so involved. Glad you are here, Lumberjill, to take her home where she belongs.

I'm glad she's finally been found. I realize this is not the time but when Hippy is ready to come back, I hope she will update her map and show where she was found.
Hi JMoose I Was not on the search today but when Lumberjill feels she is ready to take a breather, I am sure she will show the spot on the map, or permit me to do that in one of my maps. She must be feeling rather overwhelmed at the moment so we should give her some time to take it all in. Thanks for all your encouragement

Wow. Not going to lie, I'm shocked. Really didn't expect to hear this at all. So, so sad.

But I'm so glad that Susan's family and friends can finally get closure.

RIP Susan 🌹🌹

Well done and thank you to hippyhippy and Lumberjill for all the wonderful work you both have done.

How horribly sad, I am so sorry Susan's life ended like this. HippyHippy you deserve some sort of medal for persevering with searches and LumberJill you are an excellent friend to have. My deepest condolences to Susan's family and friends.

RIP Susan :rose:

I am so very sad for Susan and also for her friends and family. I am glad she was found and can be brought home to her final resting place. May you rest in peace dear Susan! :rose:

I'm very sad indeed to hear Susan has been found. Condolences to Lumberjill and Susan's family and friends. Thank you to HippyHippy and Lumberjill and everyone else involved in the search.

R.I.P Susan McLean.

This is from a walking site in relation to the particular place where Susan rested against that tree; God bless her.

"Although the walk has no waymarking, it is easy to follow and on good tracks throughout. It is essentially a circular walk through mixed forest and open moor on the section past Loch Hoil. There are a few gentle slopes but overall the height gained is negligible, allowing for a good pace to be set if you want. The walk is on the opposite side of the main road from the carpark; the information board highlights walks on the car park side which you may which to do on another occasion.

The forest sections are not too enclosed, with both commercial and indigenous species of tree. We did the walk on a sunny day in late May and when we reached the open section near the loch, the views were superb as the peaks were capped in snow against a blue sky.

As soon as you start the walk, look out for the birdlife on the small loch to the right. The forest track is a good surface and you can enjoy the walk rather than watching out for boulders or holes. Do keep an eye open for roe-deer, which live in this wood."

My condolences to family and friends.

http://walks.walkingworld.com/walk/Loch-Hoil-near-Aberfeldy.aspx

So sorry for your loss - but at least you found her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back