AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was taking it to mean the terrible circumstances surrounding her actual death. I thought there may have been something else to indicate this.

I'd be guessing there are signs of the weapon(s) used. Perhaps defensive wounds. Signs of previous injuries that indicate a life of abuse. Medical issues that show neglect.
The other items in the case might include things like restraints or ligatures.

I'd be guessing there are signs of the weapon(s) used. Perhaps defensive wounds. Signs of previous injuries that indicate a life of abuse. Medical issues that show neglect.

It does seem really odd that they could determine a violent and horrible death with only her skeletal remains to examine and yet were unable to accurately pinpoint her age at time of death.
In fact,come to think of it, isn't it odd that they still don't know the child's age and still say on the official SAPOL website "aged 2.5-4 years"?
You'd think after 7 weeks they'd know the correct age.

The SAPOL site still says this little girl "Was killed some time between the start of 2007 and up to 12-18 months ago"
I am astounded that examination of the remains cannot pinpoint the time of death more accurately that a 7 to 8 year time period.
Is it conceivable that forensic examiners cannot be more accurate after 7 weeks of examination? Or are the police intentionally not releasing that info?
If they are not releasing either the more accurate date of death and more accurate age, can anyone think of a reason why they would want to with-hold it?
It doesn't make sense to me if your objective is to identify the child.

Difficult to understand this (for me anyway). Often bodies are discovered and after intense examination it is impossible to positively say the cause of death.
Would this be an emotional response because of her age?
Do LE put personal interpretations on cause of death?
And is this the reason he isn't on the case anymore?

Directly below the star section on the right, is that a May Gibbs print? With what looks kind of like zebra stripes being gum leaves?

Does anyone see that face in the second last hexagon? or is it just me? I am probably losing the plot, but I thought it might have been a face from either Thomas the tank engine or one of the other Thomas characters. I have looked at May Gibbs fabric but could not find anything. Just thinking that this quilt may not have been made for the little girl, but possibly a brother - considering the boys pyjamas. So keeping an open mind.....

a violent death under terrible circumstances may mean any clothing she was wearing or wrapped around her was saturated in blood and her facial bones may have been smashed, showing cause of death to be bashing, beating?

As much as it hurts to write this could Angels bones show stab injuries and would this be obvious?

Hi everyone!

I have been looking everywhere wanting to find someone to discuss this case. So glad to find this site to share my thoughts. It took me over a week to finally having my account and the posting right. While looking at your conversations and unable to give my response when I have something wanted to say was a very difficult time for me! Hurry! I can finally talk!

I wanted to try to profile (like the TV show Criminal Minds) the responsible person of this case, just to share my theory. However, I don’t think I am able to do the investigation that many of you have done on the quilt, clothes and looking at satellite map etc. It requires too much human effort/eye balls work.

After five pages of analysis and elimination, I came up with the following thoughts (some might have already been mentioned among your discussion). Some of the scenarios below might have been overlapped each other.

1. It is a couple,
a.Good relationship
b.Domestic violence
i.With the real father
ii.Not with the real father and he did not know the child’s existence or didn’t want the child and the woman had a violent partner

1. An abandoned child , the child followed the mother or the father or relative or went to foster because one or both of the parents doesn’t want the child
  2. A child from oversea and a stranger kept the child hidden

It might be a couple who loves each other, the child’s death could be a tragic accident went so wrong that looks like murder. This couple loves the child and was also in pain but they might think that reporting to the police doesn’t bring their child back and perhaps they would face jail so they think no point to report it. But this couple has to be so cut off from others that no one know the child’s existence.

Or as some people pointed out it could be domestic violence, usually is the man, and the woman was too scare or perhaps already dead or she has forgiven him, so unable to report it. The man could be the real father or not the real father, in the case of not the real father, it could means that the real father did not know the child’s existence or the real father did not want the child. Again, this couple cut off with other’s contact.

It is possible the child is already reported in the 256 children or whatever number is now left with, that the police is now working on. Hopefully, they are doing a thorough checking.

On a very different scenario, the child could be from oversea and then hidden by stranger(s) because there seems to be no one knew them. It feels like the mum and child were totally cut off from the society or no social contact with others for several years from the child being a baby till 2 or 4 years of age.

Also, it is strange that all the clothing seems to be generally fixed at one age, I would imagine that this child existed only at that age, which could means that the child was coming or smuggled from oversea at that age.

I have noticed a bit of a pattern with the quilt. Some fabrics are used twice in the same row. If this is a pattern for the whole quilt it will make it much easier to reconstruct. It looks like the dragonfly patches are in the spaces above the star patches.

Thanks for this picture Oona. Could those black stripes be the colour of the background to a picture? It could be the fabric Cats on Black by Laurel Burch. Date 2002.
attachment.php

Here's a picture of it on a quilt. Top/right.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 235
Additional thoughts:

• Depending on when the child was dead, if it was 2007 then I would feel that the responsible person has an emotional attachment with the child for keeping it so long, as someone also mentioned in this site. I can feel it too. Without this emotional attachment, the bones and clothes would be likely to be thrown separately. It should be very easy to get rid of the clothes eg donate to Salvation Army or in the bin.

• I am feeling that the responsible person is in a new situation*, it could be a new wife, new husband, there were other children and as they grew up they could find out the bones, a new comer in his or her living space or he or she is selling home as someone has also mentioned in this site. I feel that he or she is constrained for space and time to clear the bones and clothes, he or she has to get rid of it as quickly as possible but he or she has this emotional attachment with the bones and clothes so putting them together in a suitcase. I think it was hidden in the bush not wanting anyone to find out and perhaps with the intention of collecting it back one day.

*Last night or on 26 Aug 2015, on 7:30 report and the news have revealed that there was a pedophile ring that the police had cracked down. The leader of the website which runs globally, was an Adelaide man, 32yo working in the public sector caring for children! The man was caught early this year. Police globally has also caught a few others linked to the site and there could be more to come. This could be a possible reason for the responsible person to dispose the child’s bones sometimes in the early to middle of this year. The man could be within the ring, afraid soon would be identified and he did killed a child.

Some years ago, there was a little boy in Victoria got hit by a car driven by a family relative outside the home while his parents were inside the home, this relative quickly put the child into the car boot and drove for a long time. He came to a remote highway and dumped the child on the side of the road near the bush. It was said that the relative was in panic, he was not an Australian resident and was looking to apply. I think it did mentioned that he was afraid to have to leave Aust.

It seems when a person is in panic, wanting to hide a body, this might be how it is done, dumped it in a remote area like the bush.

• Unless the locals are teaming up to make up a story of the suitcase man, if there is really this man, I think it is more likely than not that the suitcase man is related to this mystery. He probably doesn’t had a car (perhaps a foreign traveler), or he is too old to drive, if these are the cases, he is likely to be someone living not so far from the area managed to get there.

But he could be driving, parked the car elsewhere then walk the highway. Someone in this site pointed out that he might want to avoid his car number plate captured, this might be true, good point, I think it is harder to catch a person by his face than by the car number. Also, someone pointed out that he might not want anyone to notice where exactly he placed the suitcase by having a car parked right in front of the exact location.

• The responsible person is very likely to have plenty of space of his or her own to allow a body to decompose without anyone noticed. The Wynarka area definitely can be a place to allow this to happen with plenty of space and very few people.

This might sounds revolting. The child might be wearing the tutu dress while the body was decomposing which caused the tutu dress so decomposed. I suspect that the tummy area of the dress was so deteriorated due to the bacteria from the stomach and other organs during decomposition eaten away or eroded that area of the material/texture of the dress.

As with the quilt, I am still yet trying to think it through why it is so decomposed in this way and the pumpkin patch that strangely looks brand new?

All just speculation.

Yeah, sadly. And didn't we mention on an earlier thread that it is possible to discern that a body was dismembered from the state of the bones? There were a few links to this aspect of forensic pathology.

If that were the case, then that would definitely qualify for 'terrible circumstances' - death at the hands of a truly psychopathic person, not merely an upset mother or angry stepfather.

Just speculation, but a possibility.

It does seem really odd that they could determine a violent and horrible death with only her skeletal remains to examine and yet were unable to accurately pinpoint her age at time of death.
In fact,come to think of it, isn't it odd that they still don't know the child's age and still say on the official SAPOL website "aged 2.5-4 years"?
You'd think after 7 weeks they'd know the correct age.

While it is horrible to think of it, sadly it would be known if the little Angel had numerous fractures which were inflicted before death, even immediately before death. As for age, if the little Angel came from a neglected situation with say poor nutrition, her 'age' markers might not be able to narrowed down too far. So the age range may be allowing for the difference between a well nourished child of the approximate age, and a child suffering from some form of malnutrition.

And is this the reason he isn't on the case anymore?

I thought there might have been some hints known about in SA as to why he was on leave....I see you are a local, perkerkel.

I'm sad that he isn't on the case, but at the same time, Det. Huchinsis such a sincere and good person, it's a relief to know someone like that is on the case. It's a blessing - one of the few- for this little girl that such a nice person is trying to do the best he can for her at this point.

Thanks for this picture Oona. Could those black stripes be the colour of the background to a picture? It could be the fabric Cats on Black by Laurel Burch. Date 2002.
attachment.php

Here's a picture of it on a quilt. Top/right.
attachment.php

That fabric does seem to have a similar colour scheme to some of the known fabrics in the quilt (music notes, stars, geckos).
I wish there were some close-up high resolution photos available of each octagon.

Hi everyone!

I have been looking everywhere wanting to find someone to discuss this case. So glad to find this site to share my thoughts. It took me over a week to finally having my account and the posting right. While looking at your conversations and unable to give my response when I have something wanted to say was a very difficult time for me! Hurry! I can finally talk!

<Respectfully snipped.>

Welcome to Websleuths Imagining and thank you for your input.

The quilt looks different every time when I see a new pic. Maybe that's me?

Thanks for Oona's picture! :)

QuiltWynarkaHalf.png

I see a piece of quilted fabric which looks like it was separated between 2 layers of fabric and wadding. In the middle it looks like there is a join of the 2 layers of fabric. Missing is a little bit of every patch to their right side (of patch). Looks like a an opened book: left half of the quilt is lying flat, right side not. The pattern of the patches and frame - sometimes only the colour of it - seem to be on the left half and exactly on the opposite right half of the quilt.
Frame: what is missing on the left half is existing on the right half. Look at the frame above: to the left there is almost only wadding, to the right there is the musical note fabric. One piece of musical note fabric to the left side is to be seen, to the right there is a hole exactly on the opposite place.

Patches: you see a yellow coloured field to the left and a yellow coloured field exactly next to it. If you would fold the quilt the yellow field would be lying on the other yellow field. The same with the pink coloured field: if folded, pink would ly on top of the other pink field. Same with the blue coloured field.

I can't explain better, sorry.

I know how to make a quilt but I can't understand why this piece of quilt is with a join to the right side (on the pic it is the middle) and why the piece is separated between 2 layings of fabric, then opened like a book and after all shown to us.
I also can't understand why I have seen different pictures before?

If you think I'm totally wrong about all then please excuse me and go on. :)

I think the quilt was folded, hence the odd pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa