ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

So it's not that he believes nothing has happened to him just that iyo he doesn't know.

I rather suspect he either knows or has strong suspicions in some direction. If nothing happened -- then where is he? Because kids to whom nothing happens don't go missing.

There is zero possibility that the sheriff is going to speculate publicly about any of the POI's if he doesn't have enough hard evidence to make an arrest. It just doesn't happen. So there is no way we (the public) could know whether he has a clue or even a very strong theory that he just can't prove out because DeOrr hasn't been found. Too many missing puzzle pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

So it's not that he believes nothing has happened to him just that iyo he doesn't know.

I rather suspect he either knows or has strong suspicions in some direction. If nothing happened -- then where is he? Because kids to whom nothing happens don't go missing.

Although I'm quite sure you know what I meant when I said it seems as though the sheriff has concluded that little Deorr didn't disappear at all, okay, I'll play and I will answer anyway. Since he eliminated any and ALL possibilities, short of him thinking Sasquatch took DJ, I facetiously made that comment. From the time he made the statement that he would have thought his dog and the other dog who searched the first day would have found little DJ that FIRST day, THAT caused MY hinky meter to rise. Of course, it kept rising every time he so adamantly dismissed every other possibility. IMO, the sheriff has NO CLUE and that's why he asked for the FBI's assistance. For THAT I give him credit.

IIRC JM was GGP caretaker, If he was so frail, why in the world would she leave an active 2 1/2 year old alone with him in a hazardous area (creek, reservoir, rock, wildlife etc.) It makes no sense.

I am not saying they did! That is what their statement was. JMO You failed to copy the next sentence of my last post

"Of course that presupposes that you believe the baby returned from the visit to the store or even went to the store "as a family".

MOO

I rather suspect he either knows or has strong suspicions in some direction.

There is zero possibility that the sheriff is going to speculate publicly about any of the POI's if he doesn't have enough hard evidence to make an arrest. It just doesn't happen. (snip)

Oh, I realize that. I was relaying *my own personal suspicions/beliefs/opinions.

I don't expect to hear anything about what he believes or suspects happens until little DeOrr is found or a suspect is arrested. Hopefully soon ...

Oh, I realize that. I was relaying *my own personal suspicions/beliefs/opinions.

I don't expect to hear anything about what he believes or suspects happens until little DeOrr is found or a suspect is arrested. Hopefully soon ...

I was just agreeing with you![emoji6]

IIRC JM was GGP caretaker, If he was so frail, why in the world would she leave an active 2 1/2 year old alone with him in a hazardous area (creek, reservoir, rock, wildlife etc.) It makes no sense.

But was she actually his caretaker? I've seen this hinted at on the forum, but I haven't really seen it mentioned in the news.

Fact and rumor are getting blurred in my mind. I need to take physical notes so that I can keep better track.

I was just agreeing with you![emoji6]

lol, I wasn't sure! I'm not always as clear as I should be. Sometimes my brain works faster than my fingers, and I just assume everyone else is following my train of thought. :D

I am not saying they did! That is what their statement was. JMO You failed to copy the next sentence of my last post

"Of course that presupposes that you believe the baby returned from the visit to the store or even went to the store "as a family".

MOO

I wasn't questioning your statement(s), just adding my 2 cents. :thinking:

Are they still searching in Leadore?

Does anyone have any information about the investigation as it stands? I realize that LE is waiting for the FBI analyst to report back but is there anything else?

I've always been under the impression that dogs can not track sents once its lost in the water. So wouldnt it make sense if the dogs only made it to the reservoir?

For what it's worth, I have some observations.
We took our baby, who is four days younger than DeOrr, on a hike today. We are outdoors a lot, and this case has made me paranoid and observant (the poor kid has to wear a lighted ankle bracelet). This particular trail is considered moderately easy, with a moderate climb (200ft elevation gain), and lots of obstacles like rocks and roots. The baby practically ran the whole way up, climbing up and over large rocks and logs. He refused to stop and rest for more than a few seconds. When given the lead, he followed the trail, but I was surprised to note that he was quick to veer off onto any smaller trails along the way. When we got to an open field, he completely ignored the trail and we had to rein him back in. There was a small outcrop of rocks (a "tunnel," he said, referring to Thomas the Train) that he crawled under (we took him over to the rocks for a picture and let him play a bit). He got so far back in there that my husband had to crawl in after him on his belly. No fear! Coming back down was a lot harder for him than going up. He was still practically running (so peaceful for others on the trail I'm sure, to hear us hollering, "slow down!" over and over.) The trail is not quite a mile in length, so we walked about two miles round trip. When we got to the car, he didn't want to leave; he wanted to "walk" more!
The takeaway...
1) Two miles was nothing for this kid to walk/run. He was going fast, even on rough terrain. I believe he could easily have gone another two miles, although he was starting to stumble more (but that could have been due to the downhill path.)
2) He had no fear of heights, no fear of the dark "tunnel."
3) He was asking for water frequently. I think *maybe* he would understand that he could get water from a creek, and left to his own devices, might try to get water from a creek (or lake, or whatever.) It's hard to say if he would equate a creek with drinking water, but he very well might, since he drinks his share of pool water. I say all that because I think there might be a chance DeOrr walked a long way and then fell into a body of water far away from the campsite.

One more thing. If you've read this far, you won't mind me rambling a bit longer... It's been more than twenty years since I had a two-year-old to take care of. I had completely forgotten how *difficult* it is to keep a close eye on them at all times. It is really, really hard. Strangely, I notice that it is even *more difficult* when there are more people around because everyone thinks somebody else will notice the baby straying (or getting into the birthday cake, or whatever.) Just an observation.
This is what I've been thinking. I realize all two year olds are different. But seriously a typical toddler can go and go.
I can't even begin to give examples of how my two year old has energy. Its non stop. I set him down and he takes off before I even have time to think I'm running and yes literally running to catch him before danger strikes. I can't take him to the mall unless I have him straped down in a stroller. I bring him the park and he makes a mad dash to the river and I run and catch him. Set him down by the play area and he just runs right back...he could do it all day to the point I'm tired and exhausted and he's still going.
We were at the store the other day and he took off on me. We were in the bathroom and he took off and literally I wasted no time grabed my purse and took off after him. I seen him take off I didn't even have my back turned. I was shocked at how far he got in just 30 sec if that.
I truly feel for these parents because this is my biggest fear as a mother to a running and curious two year old. And the thing is when you work full time and have your kids on a schedule and help with daycare. You adapt and your house grows with your child so everything is set up safe and you can relax a little cause you have things set up for safty and you get stuck in this routine I can see how you forget just how crazy it can be to bring a toddler camping or maybe not have realized just how fast amd curious he'd be and let your guard down because your in a secluded camping spot.
Idk I just really really think he could of gotten farther then we all realize. At that point he could of went in water. Ran into a mountain lion, cyote, or anything really. Could of got stuck or something. I think he will be found at some point or at the verry least some type of evidence of him. So sad.

If you scroll down, you will see the event has been cancelled. They keep extending the date of the event so the event page doesn't close and they can keep up the conversations/arguments.

I've asked them if they have canceled this search too, I know they canceled the one in August but they still have the "going" option available to select. I tried it, it still works.

The longer this goes on the more inclined I am to suspect foul play. I just don't know that a child who wandered off and fell or hurt himself or was victim to the ' elements' would not be found by now. I just do not know.

Find Deorr !

I've asked them if they have canceled this search too, I know they canceled the one in August but they still have the "going" option available to select. I tried it, it still works.

It's the same page as the August search. The September search date is just a dummy date to keep the event page open. If you scroll down and see where the event host changed the date to September 26, she notes "still cancelled".

I made a mistake. You are right. Thanks...that's a long way for sure.

Not really. Our lot is 75' wide as are the other lots in our subdivision. So two lots, side-by-side, equal 150'=50 yards. My grandson and I walk down three lots each evening to go by the light to look for toads and we do it, there and back, in about 2-3 minutes. 50 yards is really not far. All MO, of course.

I agree with one point here. She was frantic after 20 minutes of searching and wanted LE and search teams there ASAP and as all of you know, all sense of time changes when you are panicked. Maybe it felt like an hour to her. Maybe '20 minutes' wouldn't get an immediate rescue response and she exaggerated a bit so that LE wouldn't say "keep looking, if you don't find him in 10 minutes, call back.Everyone must think of this mother's panic, think of this being your baby. Please don't dissect her choice of words at the single most devastating time of her life. Have Mercy on her.
" I personally wish JM would be interviewed By herself one time, so we could hear things from her perspective, without DK's explanations. JMO

" I personally wish JM would be interviewed By herself one time, so we could hear things from her perspective, without DK's explanations. JMO

That would be nice. He kind of dominated the whole interview and she barely got a word in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member