GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been stuck at work in meetings all day but wanted to post this this morning. I don't know why but I figured RE's car would either still be in police custody or parked somewhere...but unless there is an identical car driving around Jax, I saw a female driving it this morning. I was headed north on Southside Blvd. and was turning left onto Old Baymeadows (stuck at the red light) when I saw the car heading south on Southside (at the red light opposite me). I had to do a double take but I can't imagine there are a ton of orange Honda Civics with black hoods out and about. I just thought it was strange and thought I'd share with you all that it appears that someone is driving his car around town.

I wonder if it was Lonna? Also, maybe this car is stolen and it was returned to the owner? That's really weird. The car seems like a custom paint job so ????

I have been stuck at work in meetings all day but wanted to post this this morning. I don't know why but I figured RE's car would either still be in police custody or parked somewhere...but unless there is an identical car driving around Jax, I saw a female driving it this morning. I was headed north on Southside Blvd. and was turning left onto Old Baymeadows (stuck at the red light) when I saw the car heading south on Southside (at the red light opposite me). I had to do a double take but I can't imagine there are a ton of orange Honda Civics with black hoods out and about. I just thought it was strange and thought I'd share with you all that it appears that someone is driving his car around town.

WOW!!! I wonder who has the car? (if it is his).

I wonder if it was Lonna? Also, maybe this car is stolen and it was returned to the owner? That's really weird. The car seems like a custom paint job so ????

I couldn't see the driver when I was at the red light but when I turned and then got on the service road (parallel to Southside) I drove extra slow and looked and am certain it was the car (or an identical one). The driver was a white female with brown hair (darker than LL's in the most recent pics but that doesn't mean she couldn't have dyed it or it could be JR or any other female who RE was/is close with).

WOW!!! I wonder who has the car? (if it is his).

I have been wondering the same thing ALL day since 8:30 this morning! Again, I am not saying it is his car but it was identical to the pics shown of his car. It would be quite a coincidence to have two burnt orange Honda Civics with black hoods in town but not impossible.

I have been wondering the same thing ALL day since 8:30 this morning! Again, I am not saying it is his car but it was identical to the pics shown of his car. It would be quite a coincidence to have two burnt orange Honda Civics with black hoods in town but not impossible.

His car is in lockup with the duval JSO cops...its evidence of the crime.

If that's true than sightings of his car may be this other one. JMO

That's what I was saying in Post #60 - that I assumed it would still be in police custody. If so, that means there is another car just like his driving around Jacksonville.

IIRC in one of the earlier press updates Hackney said they were looking for footage of the car in the hours leading up to the 911 call. He also referred to another car the same color being around the area and being reported to them after the call, saying something to the effect of we have the car that there must be another one out there.

IIRC in one of the earlier press updates Hackney said they were looking for footage of the car in the hours leading up to the 911 call. He also referred to another car the same color being around the area and being reported to them after the call, saying something to the effect of we have the car that there must be another one out there.

I didn't remember hearing that so thank you for pointing it out! I didn't realize that it was known there was an identical car around. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

I didn't remember hearing that so thank you for pointing it out! I didn't realize that it was known there was an identical car around. Sorry for the confusion everyone!

Don't apologize, I would have put my invisible man costume on and followed them :)

Are you absolutely, 100% sure Ebron's car is still in lockup? You have seen it with your own eyes, you know someone who has done the same, or you learned from MSM that it was still impounded? I'm trying to understand if you are stating a fact or (well-founded, obviously) opinion.

We all agree the car was processed for evidence. Is it statutory to hold an actual vehicle after evidence is processed, perhaps until the charges are resolved? (I'm asking, I do not know.) After a certain point, though, why would they have to continue to hold it? They would have sampled the trace evidence from inside and outside. If the impound lot is uncovered, any exterior evidence would have been washed away or changed by the weather. They also know what it looks like and to whom it belongs (I wonder who the registered owner is and if it is in fact Ebron or, say, his parents). His vehicle has a very distinct paint job. Unless it was a kit type of thing, or something offered by a local shop, I just think it seems improbable that there are two Civics with identical paint schemes like that in Jax. Maybe local car culture there is highly custom and you could find 10 cars there in various orange/black combos. That's why I am asking, and again, NOT to be argumentative.

ETA: I see from posts that appeared while I was typing this that apparently JSO made it known (or seemed to imply) that there may indeed be two cars with the same paint job around town. So obviously that makes a difference. But if anyone can answer my questions about vehicle impounding, I'd be appreciative. Including whether or not Ebron's car is still there, or if they hold all suspect vehicles until a later point, etc.

In thread 6, someone broached the idea of life insurance for Lonzie. I work in insurance operations and have for over 11 years, with emphasis on life and health insurance, plus claims and compliance. One person mentioned they didn't think insurance was likely. I'm also inclined to agree. It isn't hugely lucrative, either, though I recognize that very few people can or would turn their nose up at $5 or $10K in cash.

In general terms, if a child is covered under his/her parent(s) life insurance policy, it is a "child rider." These riders top out at $10k per child and cover all the insured's legal children until age 25 or the primary insured person's age 65, whichever comes first. It's rare, but not unheard of, for kids to have policies issued in their own name. This was far more common in the 50s - 80s, when "juvenile" policies were sold. A parent or grandparent bought them, the child became the owner at age 18 or 21, and could keep it (convert) or cash it in. You'll sometimes see versions of that now, like with the direct mail Gerber (the baby food people) insurance product.

Today, a child under age 18 would likely not have an individually underwritten policy unless their parents were high net worth individuals, or the child themselves participated in a dangerous sport or pastime. Even then, with dangerous avocations, that's a specialty type of risk insurance that you're not going to waltz in and get from your local State Farm or Met Life (neither of which employs me).

Nothing brings out the real ugliness in people like death does.

Has the witness list been made public? If not, we are just speculating. The "no contact" list is not necessarily the same as the witness list.

Today at Jax4news at 6pm they showed a clip of WRE coming into court with a great big smile on his face and one of the women in uniform opening the door to let him into the courtroom and smiling at him. My DH and I were horrified. What is wrong with these people????!!!
WRE was also smiling and talking to his attorney. Looks like he's on a field trip, having a grand old time. Makes me ill! Am I a bad person for wanting to smack that smile off of his face?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/judge-limits-ruben-ebrons-contact-with-witnesses/35046680

Watch at 53 seconds. Was more aggravating on big screen!
Also check out 2:36 when he's having a laugh in court.

Are you absolutely, 100% sure Ebron's car is still in lockup? You have seen it with your own eyes, you know someone who has done the same, or you learned from MSM that it was still impounded? I'm trying to understand if you are stating a fact or (well-founded, obviously) opinion.

We all agree the car was processed for evidence. Is it statutory to hold an actual vehicle after evidence is processed, perhaps until the charges are resolved? (I'm asking, I do not know.) After a certain point, though, why would they have to continue to hold it? They would have sampled the trace evidence from inside and outside. If the impound lot is uncovered, any exterior evidence would have been washed away or changed by the weather. They also know what it looks like and to whom it belongs (I wonder who the registered owner is and if it is in fact Ebron or, say, his parents). His vehicle has a very distinct paint job. Unless it was a kit type of thing, or something offered by a local shop, I just think it seems improbable that there are two Civics with identical paint schemes like that in Jax. Maybe local car culture there is highly custom and you could find 10 cars there in various orange/black combos. That's why I am asking, and again, NOT to be argumentative.

ETA: I see from posts that appeared while I was typing this that apparently JSO made it known (or seemed to imply) that there may indeed be two cars with the same paint job around town. So obviously that makes a difference. But if anyone can answer my questions about vehicle impounding, I'd be appreciative. Including whether or not Ebron's car is still there, or if they hold all suspect vehicles until a later point, etc.

RBBM

Out of curiosity I Googled "Orange Honda Civic Black Hood" and apparently there is a black carbon fiber hood "racing" treatment" that can be gotten with the Civic. I don't know if Ebron's Civic was such a car or if the black hood on his car is a poor man's version - meaning just a black paint job.

So there could be other Honda Civic's like his car in Jacksonville, though I imagine the number of 1990 Civics is pretty low. I have no idea how to identify a 1990 from a different year model.

Who'd a thunk it - seems like I learn something new every day here at WS.

https://www.google.com/search?q="Ho...0.9#tbm=isch&q="Orange+Honda+Civic+Black+Hood

RBBM

Out of curiosity I Googled "Orange Honda Civic Black Hood" and apparently there is a black carbon fiber hood "racing" treatment" that can be gotten with the Civic. I don't know if Ebron's Civic was such a car or if the black hood on his car is a poor man's version - meaning just a black paint job.

So there could be other Honda Civic's like his car in Jacksonville, though I imagine the number of 1990 Civics is pretty low. I have no idea how to identify a 1990 from a different year model.

Who'd a thunk it - seems like I learn something new every day here at WS.

https://www.google.com/search?q="Ho...0.9#tbm=isch&q="Orange+Honda+Civic+Black+Hood

Imola orange. Civics and other Honda models seem like they've been coming out in Imola Orange Pearl for a long time. I see the hoods you're talking about. Very interesting!

Who are the 7 witnesses? No matter how many times I reread the logic, I still only count 5 names given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998