Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do you know the evidence is weak? Every death penalty case I have ever read about or watched the trial took several years to come to trial after an arrest had been made. Name me a death penalty case that went to trial in months of the arrest? Example of a DP trial: Travis Alexander from Arizona was murdered by Arias in 2008. She was arrested for his murder approximately a month later in July, 2008 and it did not go to trial until 2013 iirc and the sentencing was completed in 2014 or it may have been 2015. Guy Heinz Jr. in Georgia who murdered 8 family members in 2009 did not go to trial until 2013. Both of those defendants were found guilty BARD based on an overwhelming amount of evidence. And I could list case after case that were death penalty cases that took from 3-4 years and even longer to come to trial. Every one that I can remember the defendant was found guilty and many of them given death at sentencing. So I don't agree with your assumption when you say it would have been over a long time ago. It wouldn't. In fact it is a known fact that death penalty cases take much longer to come to trial. Additional discovery will continue to come in as it always does. In the Cesar Lauren murder trial the forensic results for the murder weapon he used didn't come back until 17 days before his trial began.

Maybe it would behoove you if you asked the folk hero you say you know how a death penalty case works and how long it usually takes before they go to trial. Surely a defense attorney would never lie about such a thing (LOL) when even the common layperson right here at WS knows that DP cases don't go to trial lightning fast. They all drag on for years. And its for sure neither of these defendants upon arrest demanded a speedy trial which is their constitutional right to do so of course. Many death penalty cases are long and laborious because of more hearings and motions to delay....delay. Most of the delays I have seen come from the defense side. They are hoping the potential jury pool will forget the heinousness that was done to Holly Bobo by these three but it wont happen. It never does but they delay hoping to get a different result I suppose. The TBI has said publicly that this was the most high profile case they have ever had in TN.

And the other death penalty cases did not have a DA who wasn't reelected like this case nor did they have a newly elected DA who got into a tiff with a state police agency and recused themselves which led to another ADA being assigned to the case. The defense actually likes all of these delays. It means the case has to start over each time. Its a lot better in jail than a maximum secure prison or on death row and the defendants and lawyers know it.

I find your remarks about the murder victim very snarky and condescending. All I see is someone determined to put Holly down, even in death, in such a trivial way by demeaning her looks. I tell you what, I really don't care what your opinion of Holly's looks are ...so have at the mean spirited putdown of a young woman who was brutally murdered. It must make you feel better to do this immature and childish putdown is all I can figure out. Personally it reeks of pettiness and jealousy of a murdered young woman, imo.

However; you do not determine what beauty is or is not for anyone else here. So perhaps, you can 'layoff' (your language..not mine) telling others what to do and how we are to think of Holly's looks. Pleeze....of course you meant to disrespect her and you chose to do so. You could have said nothing mean spirited against Holly but you couldn't hold it back, imo. Strange. Very strange.

I, for one, found her very beautiful with gorgeous deep blue eyes and silky skin. She had a wholesomeness about her. She looked friendly and kind. I do not find her thin... which I suppose you are implying skinny... since the entire description you have given seems to be nothing but derogatory comments about her. She had a very nice figure and was petite. No, she wasn't as tall as a giraffe but neither are millions of other beautiful petite girls and women in our county.

I usually get very sad when a poster purposefully tries to be mean spirited toward a murder victim but in this particular instance I feel anger this time because in the end the truth is SHE WAS THE ONE these creatures selected to be beaten, repeatedly raped, murdered and thrown away like trash. I do believe they targeted Holly because of her beauty and because she was someone that wouldn't have ever given them the time a day IF she had had a choice in the matter.

And there isn't one piece of evidence to support your assumption they asked for the death penalty only to get them to confess. Bull. There is no evidence the DA has even talked to any of these perverted.... twisted... depraved...evil meth heads about confessing. That sounds just like something a defense attorney would say trying to dismiss the weight of a death penalty case. I have read nothing that has shown me the DA has even considered a plea deal with any of the three POSs that are going to trial. Do you have a link I have missed?

You Rock!!!:drumroll:

I wouldn't call Holly unusually pretty. She's just an averagely pretty girl

Ummmm..... ??

Holly was extremely pretty. Her friends were pretty, cute, etc. But I think she was very noticeable for her looks.
Be that as it may, she was targeted. And I'm not sure her looks were the sole reason.

Just as a side note and the only example of a "speedy trial" (as it should be). The shooting of three in KC. This guy is defending himself in a DP trial. Don't know why this case does not get more attention it's CRAZY

I'm trying to be patient with Holly's case. I wish they would move the trial to Nashville and use the same Judge as the Vandy trial...he don't play.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-center-Overland-Park&p=12027228#post12027228

JMO's

Just as a side note and the only example of a "speedy trial" (as it should be). The shooting of three in KC. This guy is defending himself in a DP trial. Don't know why this case does not get more attention it's CRAZY

I'm trying to be patient with Holly's case. I wish they would move the trial to Nashville and use the same Judge as the Vandy trial...he don't play.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-center-Overland-Park&p=12027228#post12027228

JMO's

It may not be as bad as I'm thinking. According to another news outlet, the judge will set a trial date as well as an appearance date during that phone conference next month.

I sincerely hope that we find out that the trial date will be set for a reasonable period of time, and not 18 months away.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Judge-Trial-date-will-soon-be-set-in-Holly-Bobo-case-323269291.html

Maybe the District Attorney shouldn't have forced his star witness to commit suicide by tearing up his immunity deal.

The District Attorney could have done that after the trial of the others. Now I'm sure the suicide guy was guilty of knowing and maybe even being a lesser participant.

But the DA could have worked the case first. And then pull the deal after the trials were over due to xyz reasons.

So blame the DA for being too greedy and not compromising long enough to get convictions on the others first. Jmo

Maybe the District Attorney shouldn't have forced his star witness to commit suicide by tearing up his immunity deal.

The District Attorney could have done that after the trial of the others. Now I'm sure the suicide guy was guilty of knowing and maybe even being a lesser participant.

But the DA could have worked the case first. And then pull the deal after the trials were over due to xyz reasons.

So blame the DA for being too greedy and not compromising long enough to get convictions on the others first. Jmo

Why the DA didn't have Austin under surveillance is a mystery to me. I am still not sure what happened with the deal. He obviously gave LE something useful...even if he could not take them to the remains. Who is to say that the perps didn't move the remains at some point, without Austin's knowledge? Why did the prosecution turn against Shayne Austin in such a vehement way, taking away his immunity deal and driving him to suicide? (What was Austin so upset about...the immunity deal going bad? The remembrances of Holly Bobo and her last days? Fear of Adams and Autry? We may never know.)

As it has been from day one, so many mistakes have been made by the authorities. My worst nightmare is that we never learn the truth....and that justice is not served against those who committed this horrendous crime.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if she is beautiful or average or ugly to someone, it truly doesn't matter because it is all relative to the individual. I think she was very pretty, but, I don't think it has much to do as to why they picked her. I do believe, however, if you don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all, especially when the person has been the victim of heinous crimes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if she is beautiful or average or ugly to someone, it truly doesn't matter because it is all relative to the individual. I think she was very pretty, but, I don't think it has much to do as to why they picked her. I do believe, however, if you don't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all, especially when the person has been the victim of heinous crimes.

Agree. This argument about her beauty is just silly. As one poster said whether she was or wasn't the top or bottom 500 (SMH) she was the only one abducted, raped, tortured and killed.

I will say this- Holly's, Mom, Karen and ZA's Mom were both teachers in the same district. Karen Bobo had ZA as a student. Holly had performed, several times I believe, at the annual Coon Hunt Dinner. Though I do not think she sang at the dinner the night they seemed to be stalking her. So she was well known in general.

The point here is that it is the "rejection" that is the trigger to the power and control issues of an abuser like ZA . The rejection. Nothing about sex or beauty. Violence, Power, Control, not sex or beauty. Rape is a tool like the gun, rope, etc. She never had to outright reject him, but in his mind is where it happened. For some people like him any woman can represent rejection just by being there.

Oh and this - Holly Bobo was GORGEOUS. In My Opinion. My opinion of who is attractive to me is MINE - it BELONGS to me. no one can take it or even argue with it. It's subjective. You can disagree because you have your own opinion which belongs to you. But don't anyone tell me not to say I think she was Gorgeous.

The real argument here is telling someone what to think or post. That's just another kind of control issue.

MOO

My mind can't let go of the early days just after Holly's abduction. The authorities made several puzzling remarks, but the one that won't leave me is when the Sheriff said, "Things are not as they seem." Shortly after, fewer statements were given to the public and the search for Holly came to an unexpected and sudden end at Easter.
The "whys" that I have related to those days are haunting me still today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like some people are trying to compliment Holly when talking about what happened to her, such as "That just proves she's the prettiest girl in the county because she was chosen by some sickos to rape and murder!" I know that beauty is very important in our society, so IMO, people think they are showing their respects by making it sound like she was so beautiful, that she was killed because of it. I think this is the case where someone suggested that they disfigured Holly's face in order to permanantly destroy her beauty. Personally, I think the killers targeted Holly because she was an attractive girl, a "good girl", maybe she had rejected them before, and they knew her/knew of her.

I think that because beauty is so revered in our society, it feels like some people are making it sound like it's an "accomplishment" that Holly was the one chosen to be raped and murdered.

Agree. This argument about her beauty is just silly. As one poster said whether she was or wasn't the top or bottom 500 (SMH) she was the only one abducted, raped, tortured and killed.

I will say this- Holly's, Mom, Karen and ZA's Mom were both teachers in the same district. Karen Bobo had ZA as a student. Holly had performed, several times I believe, at the annual Coon Hunt Dinner. Though I do not think she sang at the dinner the night they seemed to be stalking her. So she was well known in general.

The point here is that it is the "rejection" that is the trigger to the power and control issues of an abuser like ZA . The rejection. Nothing about sex or beauty. Violence, Power, Control, not sex or beauty. Rape is a tool like the gun, rope, etc. She never had to outright reject him, but in his mind is where it happened. For some people like him any woman can represent rejection just by being there.

Oh and this - Holly Bobo was GORGEOUS. In My Opinion. My opinion of who is attractive to me is MINE - it BELONGS to me. no one can take it or even argue with it. It's subjective. You can disagree because you have your own opinion which belongs to you. But don't anyone tell me not to say I think she was Gorgeous.

The real argument here is telling someone what to think or post. That's just another kind of control issue.

MOO

Well said. :goodpost: :clap: :clap:

No, I don't. Gorgeous to me is Jessica Alba, Noemie Lenoir, Grace Kelly, Liz Taylor, Ava Gardner. That is my standard of beauty. Holly is just average. She looks like any small town Southern girl.

I think we can officially put aside the pettiness concerning Holly's looks now. Sometimes it's best to keep one's remarks to themselves, especially when they are unnecessary.

Bottom line, no matter your opinion of how you would rate her appearance, she was murdered and this forum is about hoping justice is not blind to those responsible for murdering her. Not sure why some think they have to interject their unwelcome and hurtful opinions about something that matters not one iota in the eyes of justice.

I am not trying to imply her looks lead to her death or were justified because of it. I only meant to say I didn't find her stunningly gorgeous as do others. I didn't mean to blow this up further, but we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions.

I think we can officially put aside the pettiness concerning Holly's looks now. Sometimes it's best to keep one's remarks to themselves, especially when they are unnecessary.

Bottom line, no matter your opinion of how you would rate her appearance, she was murdered and this forum is about hoping justice is not blind to those responsible for murdering her. Not sure why some think they have to interject their unwelcome and hurtful opinions about something that matters not one iota in the eyes of justice.

:shame:

No, I don't. Gorgeous to me is Jessica Alba, Noemie Lenoir, Grace Kelly, Liz Taylor, Ava Gardner. That is my standard of beauty. Holly is just average. She looks like any small town Southern girl.

I agree. If Holly did not have blonde hair and blue eyes and was young and petite, she would not be considered gorgeous. And if people are allowed to say she was so beautiful that she was killed because of it, there's no reason others cannot disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member