FL FL - Wendy Huggy, 16, Clearwater, 7 April 1982

The Charley Project page for Wendy States that she was pregnant at the time she went missing.
Has this been confirmed?
Internet searching comes across some conflicting information about Wendy. I'm just trying to get things straight.

Welcome LalaLola.
Yes! There has always been conflicting info out there. If you look back through the posts on this thread you can review some. Many of them refer to where she was last seen/heard from. For example, Clearwater Beach, no it was an apartment complex in Largo, nope it was the mall.

I think they have finally said that it was Countryside Mall.

As for the pregnancy that was news to me when this information showed up in the Tampa Bay Times news story 2 years ago. I remember he being very thin, sort of boyish (not very curvy). So you could not tell.

I just watched the 48 hours show on CBS and they also stated she was pregnant AND she called her grandfather from the mall and that was the last they heard from her.

Carbuff + sleuthster kudos for your efforts to locate Wendy. I feel the Jane Does description doesn't line up to the height, cloths size that would have been given as Wendy's stats. The protruding insicor teeth also aren't evident in the photo provided in her missing post. Her height was 5'8 - 5'9 that is a big difference to Jane Doe. Her weight was listed as 110 which also doesn't fit clothing found on Jane Doe. IMO

Carbuff + sleuthster kudos for your efforts to locate Wendy. I feel the Jane Does description doesn't line up to the height, cloths size that would have been given as Wendy's stats. The protruding insicor teeth also aren't evident in the photo provided in her missing post. Her height was 5'8 - 5'9 that is a big difference to Jane Doe. Her weight was listed as 110 which also doesn't fit clothing found on Jane Doe. IMO

Yes, that's true, though if Wendy really was pregnant, she could have been wearing larger clothing a month or two later. The UID's height is estimated at quite a wide range, so it's hard to tell how much discrepancy there is--the high end is 5'7" which is only an inch or so shorter than Wendy, well within the usual margin for error.

3254005_G.jpg

WENDY HUGGY

Wendy was last seen on April 7, 1982 when she left from a relative's home to spend the day at the beach with some friends. She did not return home later that and has not been seen or heard from since.

Hi Sleuthster. I didn't see the comment from the Anonymous? Where did you see that?

There was some discussion on a thread I am very invested in (Mount Vernon NY Jane Doe) wondering if Wendy might be a match for our Jane Doe. She has not been listed as a rule out in Namus. Sleuthster, would you take a look at the thread and give your opinion? I see you were a friend of Wendy's.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...51UFNY-18-25-Left-Near-Junkyard-Feb-88/page11

Thanks for showing me this. There is some mention on missing person websites that Wendy was 5 ft 10 in but then it is suggested on others she was 5ft 8. I can confirm she was at least my height at 5'8 but not much taller. The Mount Vernon Doe was 5'3 so I think there's too much of a difference.

I wonder if she might have been wearing a bikini or bathing suit still, if she had gone to the beach earlier before the mall, it seems she had not been home to change? There are several does that were found in bikini or bathing suits. I guess she could also have been going to the "beach" as in the general area too, just to hang out and not really sunbathe or swim etc...

I wonder if she might have been wearing a bikini or bathing suit still, if she had gone to the beach earlier before the mall, it seems she had not been home to change? There are several does that were found in bikini or bathing suits. I guess she could also have been going to the "beach" as in the general area too, just to hang out and not really sunbathe or swim etc...

It's possible she was wearing he bathing suit. It's possible she wasn't even at the beach. To be honest back in the day I used to tell my parents I was going places like the mall and was really going canoeing with my friend and 2 guys all the way in Weeki Wachee. I think many of my generation where too naive, trusting, and adventurous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back