TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell doctors don't use prescription pads anymore. The drugs are ordered through the computer.

Some of my doctors do still use written prescriptions. Most transmit them by computer though.

No matter how many times the police say there was a specific fact corroborated (in this case it's a separate shooter, male) there is always some segment of the population who, for whatever reason, refuse to believe the facts as disclosed and then create their own fantasy version. Why this happens I have no idea; it certainly doesn't help solve the case.

But the police could be saying that to keep the shooter calm and in one place until they have enough to arrest him. No sense in spooking the shooter if they don't have enough to arrest him yet. And make CC relax, ie., yeah, we believe your story completely. She may relax too much and let something slip. Everything the police say or do is for a reason, especially if they are still looking for more arrests or if they don't believe CC.

In most states, any death that occurs during the commission of another felony (armed robbery, for example), makes everyone involved in the crime liable and eligible for 1st degree murder or capital murder, depending on the state laws.

Exactly. And this is the case in the state of Texas.

Police don't often make formal statements in cases; some will, most don't. The warrant says they corroborated the fact of another person--nothing wishy washy about that. Why take what might be perceived as a somewhat vague statement and then make something else up entirely out of zero facts is what I can never figure out. I can see waiting for some kind of confirmation, but making up a story based on no facts and only based on imagination when there is something more definitive than that in a legal court document? That never makes sense to me.

Perhaps some of us have had different experiences following various cases throughout our lives?? No one is saying anyone is right or wrong. We are just sleuthing, suggesting different theories, exchanging ideas. When I get exhausted with it, I do something else.

No matter how many times the police say there was a specific fact corroborated (in this case it's a separate shooter, male) there is always some segment of the population who, for whatever reason, refuse to believe the facts as disclosed and then create their own fantasy version. Why this happens I have no idea; it certainly doesn't help solve the case.

I love having an active imagination! Did your parents or a teacher ever tell you don't believe everything you read? A healthy skepticism never really hurt anyone that I am aware of.

Exactly. And this is the case in the state of Texas.

I always chuckle when I see someone on The First 48 confess that they were their to rob someone but the other guy pulled the trigger. Lol

Then they are surprised when they are charged with capital murder. Lol.

Cortes must have never watched that show. And I am glad that she hasn't.

I love having an active imagination! Did your parents or a teacher ever tell you don't believe everything you read? A healthy skepticism never really hurt anyone that I am aware of.

I love having an active imagination too! It is simply my understanding that we accept information here provided by LE, no? Perhaps a mod can clarify. I get the desire to run wild with this. It's incredibly tempting as there has been very little information released to the public thus far. MOO.

I love having an active imagination too! It is simply my understanding that we accept information here provided by LE, no? Perhaps a mod can clarify. I get the desire to run wild with this. It's incredibly tempting as there has been very little information released to the public thus far. MOO.

But we have all seen LE publicly make statements which change over time as more facts come in. Even statements made in warrants can modify over time. JMO

Imagine there was no speculation on this thread. The thread would be 5 pages at most. And this case would be lost with many others. Jmo.

Keep in mind that the general rule of thumb on WS is that speculation must be based on "fact", where facts have been provided. In this case, facts are included in the arrest warrant.

"Suspect Cortez drove the unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road. Once there, the unknown male suspect exited the vehicle, shot Complainant Hatcher and took several items of her property. The complainant died at the scene. Detectives were able to corroborate the suspect's statement through witness statements as well as survellance video footage from the offense location."<bbm>
The above is about as straightforward as any statement can be.

We can speculate about other things: Was CC an innocent dupe? Who hired whom? Was this truly a random robbery? If not, what was the motive? Did CC know the victim?

A lot of room exists for speculation. But in regard to the above, it stands as stated. The shooter was a man, driven to the scene by Cortez. Witness statements and surveillance video show these things to be true.

As far as I can tell doctors don't use prescription pads anymore. The drugs are ordered through the computer.

In my state they do just about all prescriptions new and refills on the computer or fax except for controlled drugs..Xanax for one.

For those you need to see your doctor who writes out the prescription and you walk it to the pharmacy with ID. Usually two refills on those. Then back to the doctor for a new written prescription.

Re the 2 charges:

Is it possible that Kendra was pregnant? Would fetal homicide incur a separate charge in Texas?

Keep in mind that the general rule of thumb on WS is that speculation must be based on "fact", where facts have been provided. In this case, facts are included in the arrest warrant.

"Suspect Cortez drove the unknown male suspect to 1700 Cedar Springs Road. Once there, the unknown male suspect exited the vehicle, shot Complainant Hatcher and took several items of her property. The complainant died at the scene. Detectives were able to corroborate the suspect's statement through witness statements as well as survellance video footage from the offense location."<bbm>
The above is about as straightforward as any statement can be.

We can speculate about other things: Was CC an innocent dupe? Who hired whom? Was this truly a random robbery? If not, what was the motive? Did CC know the victim?

A lot of room exists for speculation. But in regard to the above, it stands as stated. The shooter was a man, driven to the scene by Cortez. Witness statements and surveillance video show these things to be true.

Thanks for that, Bessie! I love good speculation, but this was indeed my understanding in regard to "facts" that have been provided via the arrest warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong