ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the quote in question:

"Vilt said Kunz's parents left him with his grandfather the morning of his disappearance while they went to scout fishing locations."

(bbm) This reads as though Vilt is saying not that they left for the store in the morning but that they went exploring/looking for minnows/scouting fishing locations in the morning and that was when they left DeOrr Jr. with ggpa.

ymmv ... moo, imo.

That very same article states the mother saw the man staring at her son in the morning when they went to the store.

The sheriff mentioned the receipt and how it indicated they were at the store at a certain time but he would not say the time. I think he intentionally withheld that information. MOO.

Yeah, I heard the same interview and it didn't sound like he was deliberately "withholding" that information, but some will say otherwise, as you have. Now had Nate ASKED him about the time and he chose not to give it, then THAT would be withholding the information. MOO

The PI doesn't seem like the brightest or most media-savvy person in the world - maybe he just misspoke?

I would agree with you but LE was part of the re-enactment.. Unless they are just playing good cop bad cop? moo

I think I missed the link showing that LE was at the re-enactment. Does anyone have it? TIA

It sounded to me like the PI was trying to convince LE that it was an abduction. And LE were humoring them by sending one deputy along (and to make sure that the stand-in didn't go missing too! :p )

How is it that the PI was interviewed by EIN on Monday and the article stated that it was unknown when or if the re-enactment would take place, yet the PI was conducting the exercise that same day? Is this just a reporting error?

Vilt is offering a ten thousand dollar reward for information that leads to DeOrr. He hopes to create a reenactment of events at the campsite with DeOrr’s family members and Reinwand, although when or if the reenactment will take place.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...receives-solid-tip-on-toddlers-disappearance/

I think I missed the link showing that LE was at the re-enactment. Does anyone have it? TIA

I read that yesterday. The deputy was going to be there. I watched the clip of the re-enactment and he WAS there.

Maybe they kept it quiet because they didn't want the media or the public showing up. The parents stayed well away from the cameras.

How is it that the PI was interviewed by EIN on Monday and the article stated that it was unknown when or if the re-enactment would take place, yet the PI was conducting the exercise that same day? Is this just a reporting error?

Vilt is offering a ten thousand dollar reward for information that leads to DeOrr. He hopes to create a reenactment of events at the campsite with DeOrr’s family members and Reinwand, although when or if the reenactment will take place.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2015/0...receives-solid-tip-on-toddlers-disappearance/

That's weird. If he was 6 years old, he would have been able to tell them his name, as well. The boy in that photo is not 6 - his hands are tiny. Is the photo not of the same child? I'm confused.

I'm not sure, but I think the 6 was a mistake by media, confusing Motel 6 with his age somehow. The person who changed his diaper and cleaned him up said he was 2 or 3.

Although that article was published on Monday the 14th I doubt that's when it was written.

I just asked a simple question.

I didn't say anything about it being odd or strange or or questionable. it was just a was question.

People from Idaho seem very polite. I would think it would border on rude to go off to fish away from the grandfather's friend as soon as everyone got going in the morning. I can understand not being attached at the hip to one another all day long, but if ggf is watching the baby, it would seem like the polite thing to make conversation with his friend and include him. Unless IR made it clear he wasn't interested in being friendly. JMO

I agree - I find the "abduction" theory in this case to be as believable as the McCann case (i.e. not in a hundred years!)

Less believable. If Madeleine's grandfather was sitting in the villa living room when she disappeared, it would be equivalent to this case IMO.

Merely proving that you don't need to go to the remote wilderness to chance upon a little blond tot. You can just go to your local <modsnip> Motel 6 and find yourself an unsupervised blond tiny tot. Much easier, in fact.

I'm kind of amazed that a two year-old was separated from his mother for at least two hours on a busy street, found filthy in a very soiled diaper and was turned over to his mother when she showed up.

this whole kid in california thing is kinda creepy. i mean the description on paper sounds like deorr jr. the picture looks more like deorr jr. than 95% of most other boys at 2 yrs old. i wonder how 'mom' proved he was her son. running around living in hotels? like on the lam or something? what kind of physical changes could a child go through in 2 months (weightloss from malnutrition, stress). i'm pretty sure it's not him because i trust LE handled it correctly, but on the other hand, if i was deorr jr.'s parent i'd be down there right now demanding to see that child! that's just how i am, i'd always be like 'what if?' for the rest of my life if i didn't see the child with my own eyes, you know?

I am going to guess that Mom had the kind of paperwork needed to prove it was her kid. I am pretty sure that mom was using programs like ADFC [ Aid to dependent Families and Children] and food stamps and medi-cal. If so, she had a lot of legal papers showing who the baby was. And the trail would go back to his birth.

I hope someone contacted CPS though. How does a bay go missing for hours in a small one room motel?

I don't get why the parents would lie about the campsite timeline... I'm not seeing any signs that Deorr was being neglected or abused. He looks healthy, happy and loved in all the pictures I've seen of him. It's not like many cases where there aren't many pictures of the kid, or the kid looks unhappy or bruised in the pics, or friends and relatives reported past abuse...
So I can't think of why they would intentionally hurt or lose Deorr. Maybe an accident could have happened or Deorr was unsupervised for a lot longer than they said (like all night), but in that case would they really go to these lengths to cover it up? It seems unlikely, especially as there were 4 adults there, and one of them was not family. I can't see all 4 of them agreeing to a big coverup.

It would be really interesting to know exactly what IR saw when he was there. Did he see Deorr? When did he last see Deorr? Maybe there is a reason he wouldn't talk to the media and acted so evasive and strange in the interview on his doorstep... maybe the police have told him not to tell anyone what he knows.

As much as I'd like to think it might be DeOrr, there are some pretty fundamental differences between the two children (in my opinion and only my opinion). There are some other pictures on the page cited by East Idaho News (not sure that comment is allowed, so please delete if not) that make the differences a bit clearer.

I do hope that they've done some double checking to ensure the woman really was his mom. The story is indeed quite odd and more than a bit disquieting.

There is a post on the Find DeOrr FB page with two photos that look very similar. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1920840778141378&set=o.384861648387032&type=3&theater In all the others, I think there are significant differences. Upon seeing the photos and being asked if it was him, DK said they didn't know, but they were hoping and praying. If it was his son, I'd think he would say so and be on a plane to California. JMO.

It's entirely possible he misspoke. But many also assumed that just misspoke when he said that they arrived Thursday in that first interview he did, so I'm going to go by what he actually said this (modsnip) This is a frustrating case, and at the end of the day, we still have a child who is all but a baby somewhere out there without anyone seeming to have a clue where he is.

In the SAME article it says the mother saw the man staring at little Deorr at the store in the MORNING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member