Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was weird, too, but for a different reason--it makes even less sense now that she's said they never dated and she hasn't even seen or talked to him in years.

Regarding the other murder, I am wondering if they're connected, too. It seems strange that two unrelated murders would happen in a place like the Pass within a week of each other. However, there is an incident that happened at a fast-food place down there that may be connected to the Coleman murder.

That was kind of a weird interview. I don't expect grieving people to act in any particular way, and I still think it's unlikely Cheyenne had anything to do with the murders, but that was a weird interview.

No it wasn't weird. She's 20 years old and in shock because her baby and ex (whom she was on good terms with) were murdered! Twice she was asked about Hailey and started crying. If anything was weird, it was the innane questions they were asking her. What high school did DS go to? What high school did Terry go to? Geeze... who cares! Find out yourselves (I mean the reporters, not people here).

I saw one clip at first, and thought she seemed overwhelmed and in shock, but somewhat unemotional. Then I watched the whole interview and cried along with her in the middle of it. She's trying to keep it together.

[video=twitter;644199222351294464]https://twitter.com/PatMorrell_CBC/status/644199222351294464[/video]

What a heart wrenching video. My God! To know the person who killed Terry and Hailey but not to have had contact with them for 2-3 years and then this?!

ETA...I don't think the interview was weird at all. She's young and completely freaked out. She kept asking, "Why would anyone (someone) do this?" Given that she knows who allegedly committed these murders, it solidified for me that she really didn't have anything but a nominal past with DS. Otherwise, for me, I would have thought she'd be lamenting with his name ("Why Derek? Why?!")

There are 2 posts out there featuring a dude with a lot of money:

1 with TB
1 with DS

Posing with lots of money is a "thing" on social media. A legitimate way to acquire lots of cash is if you sell or buy a vehicle in a private sale.... which young people tend to do a lot. I remember when I bought my first car in a cash sale at 19 years of age- I took a picture of myself with all of the bills. No social media back then but for young people that kind of money IS photo worthy.

Having said that, I think that DS and TB have probably both been involved in drugs at some point in their lives. I get the feeling that TB was trying to get away from that scene. I get the feeling that DS was still using. JMO

Yes. Those pics are a dime a dozen on SM.
Re: your second point, I will say tht I won't be surprised if that turns out to be the case.

There are 2 posts out there featuring a dude with a lot of money:

1 with TB
1 with DS

Posing with lots of money is a "thing" on social media. A legitimate way to acquire lots of cash is if you sell or buy a vehicle in a private sale.... which young people tend to do a lot. I remember when I bought my first car in a cash sale at 19 years of age- I took a picture of myself with all of the bills. No social media back then but for young people that kind of money IS photo worthy.

Having said that, I think that DS and TB have probably both been involved in drugs at some point in their lives. I get the feeling that TB was trying to get away from that scene. I get the feeling that DS was still using. JMO

Yea I am a massive nerd, I have never been in trouble with the law, but I was organising a dinner dance with the Engineering society at university and when we collected the ticket money I took the obligatory facebook pic with all the cash.

My internet is being obnoxious so I can't watch the video. Why was it weird, specifically?

Well, one thing I found weird was the way Cheyenne talked about Derek. To me, it sounded like she was someone who used to be friends with this guy who'd gone on to do something horrible to someone else. She's talking like those people who live next door to serial killers, talking about what a nice guy he was.

While the thought of this child murderer also brutally killing an elderly woman is horrifying, it's well within the realms of possibility. Do you have any other reasons why you think that might be the case?

Only because murder is incredibly rare in a town like Coleman, population 1,065.

That was kind of a weird interview. I don't expect grieving people to act in any particular way, and I still think it's unlikely Cheyenne had anything to do with the murders, but that was a weird interview.

I didn't think it was weird...why do you think so, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it was weird, too, but for a different reason--it makes even less sense now that she's said they never dated and she hasn't even seen or talked to him in years.

Regarding the other murder, I am wondering if they're connected, too. It seems strange that two unrelated murders would happen in a place like the Pass within a week of each other. However, there is an incident that happened at a fast-food place down there that may be connected to the Coleman murder.

Was that the incident mentioned earlier that happened at the Subway shop?

:devil:

"Derek Saretzky , a Crowsnest Pass resident employed at a family owned dry cleaning business, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder. He is also charged with one count of committing an indignity to a human body in relation to Hailey's death."
rbbm.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2015/09/16/22552421.html

I think this can just mean moving or hiding a human body. Not necessarily anything even more sinister.

Was that the incident mentioned earlier that happened at the Subway shop?

Yes. I don't know if it's true. The Subway thing is; my mom said that guy just got out of jail for the Subway incident.

Well, one thing I found weird was the way Cheyenne talked about Derek. To me, it sounded like she was someone who used to be friends with this guy who'd gone on to do something horrible to someone else. She's talking like those people who live next door to serial killers, talking about what a nice guy he was.

But if all of her interactions with DS were normal, teens hanging out, and she had neither any beefs with him nor any romantic involvement, how is she supposed to speak of him? Certainly, according to the interview, she is shocked that DS would do such a horrific thing.

Distancing is a very common indicator of shock. She has just lost her baby and a man who by all indications was a great father to her child. Super shock!

I think this can just mean moving or hiding a human body. Not necessarily anything even more sinister.

Yes, it can simply mean transporting of a body ... meaning life was taken at one spot and then the body was transported to another location.

Yes. I don't know if it's true. The Subway thing is; my mom said that guy just got out of jail for the Subway incident.

Well, if it is related to K.L. (Subway incident) it wouldn't surprise me as he does seem to be a bit abnormal - like walking into the Subway shop with a 2x4 and hitting the employee hard enough to break her arm, not say a word to anyone and simply walk out the door.

I don't think the video is weird. I see a very young mam who has just lost her child and her ex who she is still close friends with. She looked completely shell shocked. Just total disbelief and this is the way I saw her talking about Derek. As if she couldn't believe it was him involved. Poor poor girl. How will she cope?

No please, I don't think she was weird during the interview. Have mercy on her. She is almost a little girl, yes, she is a mother but she is very young and I believe she is in shock. Pity that the adults in her life (mother, dad, etc) didn't convince her not to give interviews. And I think she was fair to Terry. She, like all the other persons (with the exception of her father) said the same - that Terry was a great Dad. I am so sorry for these families and mainly so sorry for this father and precious baby daughter who are now dead the same I am so mad about this odious who took their lives. May you rot DS :devil:

[video=twitter;644199222351294464]https://twitter.com/PatMorrell_CBC/status/644199222351294464[/video]

What is it with young people today? She dated Terry, she lived with him and she had a baby with him, yet she has no clue where he went to high school? I watch The First 24 Hours all the time and am amazed when cops are investigating someone and the mother of their children doesn't even know his last name! Very sad society.

Well, if it is related to K.L. (Subway incident) it wouldn't surprise me as he does seem to be a bit abnormal - like walking into the Subway shop with a 2x4 and hitting the employee hard enough to break her arm, not say a word to anyone and simply walk out the door.

I don't know too much about that one, but yeah. That is strange behaviour, for sure. Jeez, my brother went to school with that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998