GUILTY CO - Dr. Toni Henthorn, 50, dies in cliff fall, Rocky Mountain NP, 29 Sept 2012 *husband arrested*

Witness in Henthorn murder trial shows suspicious footprint on car

A Douglas County supervisor pointed out a shoe print on a Jeep Cherokee just above the point where Harold Henthorn's first wife was crushed and killed by the weight of the car in what Henthorn called a fluke accident in 1995.

"Oh my God," a spectator in the federal courtroom whispered as the image of the shoeprint was shown on a video screen in court Tuesday.

More...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...n-murder-trial-shows-suspicious-footprint-car

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 7h7 hours ago
#HenthornTrial Dr. Testifying about another Henthorn accident: when HH accidentally dropped a 2x4 on his wife in 2011.

Brian Maass retweeted
Carol McKinley ‏@CarolAMcKinley 21h21 hours ago
#Henthorn said his wife Toni was texting on her work phone when she fell. But coworker testifies Toni had left it on her desk that weekend.

#HenthornTrial ER doc testifies HH dropping beam on his wife in 2011 was 'squirrelly'

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2h2 hours ago Denver, CO
#HenthornTrial Prosecutor grilling Dougco Sheriff personnel, trying to show poor inv. of 1995 death of first Henthorn wife, ruled accidental

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 8h8 hours ago
#HenthornTrial Dougco Det. Testifies cause of death for HH 1st wife changed from accident to undetermined.
#HenthornTrial Friend says after Toni's death,HH said 'I can't believe this has happened to me...all a bad dream'

#HenthornTrial friend says HH said if Toni 'hadn't gotten herself killed' in Nat'L Park,he wouldn't have all these problems.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 3h3 hours ago Denver, CO
#HenthornTrial Unexplained- Rangers say Toni Henthorn dead 8:12 pm. But HH texted friends long after that indicating she was still alive

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2h2 hours ago Denver, CO
#HenthornTrial Nat'l Parks inv. says when she returned to area where Toni Henthorn fell, she found missing diamond 8 mos later in the open
----------------------

Henthorn Relative: He Said ‘My bride Is Gone’ After Death Of Each Wife

"...A close friend of Harold Henthorn’s, Lee Hettick, testified Wednesday that he felt Henthorn made odd statements related to the death of each of his wives. Hettick, who knew Harold Henthorn during his first and second marriages, said after the death of Lynn Henthorn in 1995 Harold Henthorn never expressed any feeling of responsibility for Lynn’s death. Hettick said he thought that was unusual.

He also said that the night Toni Henthorn died he received a text from Harold at 9:46 p.m. from Harold saying Toni was “critical … pray,” even though park rangers say she was dead nearly an hour and a half before that text...

Defense attorney Craig Truman is expected to present his case Thursday and he has indicated it will take less than a day. The Henthorn case will likely be in the hands of the jury for deliberations no later than Friday."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...id-my-bride-is-gone-after-death-of-each-wife/
---------------------------------------------------------

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 6h6 hours ago
#HenthornTrial Federal Court Denver. Evidence complete today,closings tomorrow. Jury to begin deliberating Friday

#HenthornTrial Feds put tracker on HH Car in 2013:federal agent. Was also followed by FBI.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 5h5 hours ago
#HenthornTrial lawyer for HH to fed. Parks agent: drones used to surveill HH?answer: no.

#HenthornTrial:Mystery.HH pic showsToni with binoculars before fall.fed inv. Says binocs never recovered.

#HenthornTrial juror asks fed agent if she knows how missing diamond showed up 8 mos later at death spot.'I do not' says agent

rian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 5h5 hours ago
#HenthornTrial Jurors asking incisive, nuanced questions of federal agent. Shows jury has been focused, listening closely to evidence

#henthornTrial:HH said brought blanket to fall spot to make love with Toni. Fed agent testifies 'no place to lay down' at fall spot.

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 4h4 hours ago
#HenthornTrial Prosecution rests.

#HenthornTrial defense rests without calling a single witness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henthorn Defense Rests Without Calling Any Witnesses

"DENVER (CBS4) – Harold Henthorn declined to call any witnesses nor testify on his own behalf as his defense team rested Thursday morning, moments after prosecutors rested their case following about two weeks of testimony...

Closing arguments in the Henthorn trial begin at 9 a.m. Friday and Judge R. Brooke Jackson said he would not place any limits on how long prosecutors and defense attorneys can go..."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...s-not-testify-both-prosecution-defense-rests/

Thanks for keeping this forum up-to-date, Y/N. I wasn't able to follow along earlier, but I knew I would find all I needed right here.!

Huh? No defense witnesses at all? I hope that doesn't leave the door open for appeal if he gets convicted, as I hope he does.

It's gone to the jury now.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28836265/http-blogs-denverpost-com-coldcases-2015-01-31

The case against Harold Henthorn is now in the hands of jurors following closing arguments in which prosecutors said he improved his method of killing wives by getting his second wife on a cliff, in a very remote part of Rocky Mountain National Park.

"He told himself, 'Let's get it better, lets get it really remote,'" federal prosecutor Valeria Spencer said in closing arguments Friday morning.

For example, even though Toni Henthorn’s fall was hard and fast enough to break large tree branches, her camera landed almost completely intact just feet from where her husband moved her body, Larson said.
Henthorn said he moved the body to flatter terrain so that he could tend to her and give her CPR.
But investigators found no evidence that Henthorn performed CPR on his wife, finding her lipstick intact in crime scene photos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3239049/No-witnesses-testify-behalf-Harold-Henthorn-accused-pushing-second-wife-cliff-4-5m-life-insurance.html

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 8h8 hours ago
#HenthornTrial:stage set for closing arguments 9am. Families of both wives in packed courtroom.

#HenthornTrial Judge tells jury they are judges of facts. Says pros. Must prove HH guilt beyond reasonable doubt. Closing arguments soon.

#henthorntrial:prosecutor:HH brutally murdered Toni.'didn't do it on impulse'

#henthorntrial:pros. Says HH learned you can kill wives for $. 'Worked well the first time'. Closings under way in federal court.

#henthorntrial prosecutor:9 scouting trips by HH to RMNP were 'looking for the best place to kill his wife'

#Henthorntrial: pros. Closing on HH stories: 'All these stories are lies and you know they are lies'

#henthorntrial prosecutor methodically dismantling HH stories about how Toni died. HH looking down. Occasionally shakes his head.

#henthorntrial As pros rips his changing stories,HH shakes his head 'no'.

#Henthorntrial prosecutor in closing: HH killed Toni as a way to get rich. Took Toni up cliff to cash in. Last human touch was Pushing her

#henthorntrial Defense closing:HH 'behaved in a foolish and reckless manner'. HH subjected to character assassination by prosecutors.

#henthorntrial:defense closing-no witness to a push,no evidence of scuffle in spot where Toni fell

#henthorntrial:defense strenuously arguing death of HH first wife an accident.

#henthorntrial Henthorn atty says HH 'incapable of telling the same story twice'. Says 'whatever comes into his head'to his detriment.

#henthorntrial defense closing-says govt did not prove Toni was murdered.

#henthorntrial prosecutor closing mocking HH. Calls him 'mr. Ego' who killed Toni Henthorn. Wicked closing

#henthorntrial Prosecutor- killing wives for $ by HH 'a nice return on investment. This was a good days work'.

#henthorntrial death of both HH wives 'eerily creepily similar'

#henthorntrial prosecutor mocking HH says for Toni H 'shoved her off a cliff and sayonara to you'

#henthorntrial prosecutor accuses HH of snatching dead wife's diamond then replacing it months later.

#henthorntrial alternate juror weeps when told he won't be part of jury deliberations
--------------------------------------------------------

Henthorn Case In Hands of Jury, Victim’s Brother Wants To ‘Beat His *advertiser censored*’

"DENVER (CBS4) – The murder case against Harold Henthorn, 59, went to an eight-man, four-woman federal jury just after noon Friday...

“The honest opinion is I want to beat his *advertiser censored*’, said Dr. Barry Bertolet, Toni Henthorn’s brother, shortly after the jury began their deliberations. “I do think it’s an excellent case and I think Harold Henthorn is guilty and hope that’s the final verdict at the end of the day.”..."

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...ther-wants-to-beat-his-*advertiser censored*/
----------------------------------------------

About an hour ago...

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4
Henthorn jury going home for the day without a verdict. Deliberations resume Monday

Brian Maass @Briancbs4
@atuerkheimer this jury smart, attentive. None ever seemed to get bored, or nod off(seen that before).Focused on task at hand

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 5m5 minutes ago Denver, CO

Henthorn jury has reached verdict. Parties being summoned back to court

ETA: Oops, someone already posted!

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 2m2 minutes ago

#Henthorntrial jury reached verdict about 2:30pm. Courtroom packed. All parties here

Brian Maass ‏@Briancbs4 9s9 seconds ago

#henthorntrial female juror looks at family of Toni Henthorn and nods head up and down and smiles. Verdict momentarily.

Rob Low Verified account ‏@RobLowTV 5m5 minutes ago Denver, CO

Relatives of Toni applaud prosecution after #henthorntrial guilty verdict. Harold led away in cuffs. Sentencing Dec.8 @KDVR @channel2kwgn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back