MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"She (the mother) tried to be responsible, but she was on drugs," said Yessiomora Torres. "She talked slurred, she’d come out and smoke a cigarette, her daughter would be crying."

All of a sudden, she was gone," Acevedo said. "She wasn't in her apartment. Just out of the blue. Gone.

DCF was involved with Rachelle Bond twice, according to a spokeswoman. There were allegations of neglect in both 2012 and 2013. In each case, DCF provided services and closed the case.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/baby-doe-identified-5-investigates-reports/35348850

The "hubby" is hospitalized to treat abscesses from heavy heroin use (which I'm sure was quite clear to those around him) and in the "Birthday video" the mother is clearly trashed (which I'm sure was quite clear to those around her).

At some point, at the risk of stepping on somebody's toes, we, as neighbours, friends, family, whoever we are have to take some sort of a stand here.

My heart is so heavy for this sweetheart tonight. Without some kind of intervention she never did have a chance.

RIP Sweet girl. You deserved better. So much better.

These people had months to get rid of the evidence, such as rugs.
I guess their priorities were elsewhere.

That is correct; abdominal trauma may have caused contusions, lacerations, herniations, etc. The lower abdomen has no bony skeleton protecting it and unlike our flank areas, there is no adipose (fat) padding there to help absorb impacts. That adipose in the flank area helps to protect our kidneys. I've cared for patients with ruptured spleens and lacerated livers from punches and kicks to the abdomen. So very sad.

That is what I was thinking too, a Gastrointestinal perforation. Being punched so hard the the gut gets torn on the spine. So very Sad. Rest in Perfect Peace Dear Bella

When we were discussing theories, I don't remember too many people speculating that Bella was killed by mom and mom's boyfriend, even though that's how most of these child murder cases go. And that's what happened in another high-profile unidentified child, Baby Grace, case. Why not? Is that because LE never released the COD and made it sound like she didn't die due to violent means? I really didn't think it was a possibility even though it seems so obvious now. I wonder if there was a reason they made a lot of us think she could have died by accident and maybe her parents were illegal and too scared to report it...

Bella ... beautiful Bella ... beautiful name and beautiful baby. So the perp has a heroin abscess on his arm. Both RB and the boyfriend are an abscess on society. Both are guilty and responsible for the death of Bella - him for throwing the punches and her for not defending the baby. May they both rot. Let justice be swift and severe - baby Bella deserves nothing less. This is heartbreaking.

Assuming (without LE confirmation) that the freezer/fridge story has some truth to it, RB and MM had time to figure out where to place little Bella. They picked this place specifically, not in a panicked rush. What's the connection for them to this place, I wonder.
1) They partied and did drugs there

2) They picked it because of rituals done there (I remember previous posters in the last thread saying there were weird things that went on there) because they thought she was possessed.

Drugs... I will never touch them.

Assuming (without LE confirmation) that the freezer/fridge story has some truth to it, RB and MM had time to figure out where to place little Bella. They picked this place specifically, not in a panicked rush. What's the connection for them to this place, I wonder.

It's been hard to keep up with the thread, what is the freezer/fridge story although I'm somewhat afraid to even ask

I know RB's Facebook page isn't up anymore, but there is the possibility that she did post after April, but changed her privacy settings. No way of telling. If so, I'm curious as to what her posts have been. Who knows though.

When we were discussing theories, I don't remember too many people speculating that Bella was killed by mom and mom's boyfriend, even though that's how most of these child murder cases go. And that's what happened in another high-profile unidentified child, Baby Grace, case. Why not? Is that because LE never released the COD and made it sound like she didn't die due to violent means? I really didn't think it was a possibility even though it seems so obvious now. I wonder if there was a reason they made a lot of us think she could have died by accident and maybe her parents were illegal and too scared to report it...
I bet this was done to give the mother an out. At any time she could of came forward and said she was scared for her life or that he held her at gun point or whatever els.

Please don't let this end in some circus trial with them both blaming each other.

Please.

I bet this was done to give the mother an out. At any time she could of came forward and said she was scared for her life or that he held her at gun point or whatever els.

I think they genuinely cannot establish a cause of death. Even now.

The DA said that more information about how Bella died would be released in court on Monday.

A source tells FOX25 News that Bond came into Bella's room and allegedly saw McCarthy punching her because he believed Bella was possessed. The source also says they allegedly kept the girl's body in a fridge for about a month before ultimately disposing of it.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30062484/baby-doe

I think it's because this is unfathomable. LE doesn't have a COD. It seems to me that they had no clue who Bella was or any information at all until they got a tip on Thursday. Do we know what the tip was yet? I wish she had died by accident and her parents were illegal and scared to report it. This is horrible.

Horrible tragedy, but where do people want these kids to go? At least if people said "I'd pay more taxes for orphanages" that would be a suggestion. Obviously orphanages became disfavored for many reasons that are legitimate. But where is the state supposed to put them? How many foster homes are there? How many are satisfactory? No one becomes a DCF worker because it is a fun, rewarding job. Wherever the line is drawn, there will be issues. That's the reason they aren't taken at birth - parental rights. They used to ship them off on orphan trains, and that wasn't good either. Anyone could take them. It's hard to predict when a child will be physically harmed, and the mental harm of being taken away and placed with strangers probably frequently outweighs the harm of being in a typical bad situation. So sad. The world doesn't operate under the rules that competent parents should be the ones who reproduce. So upsetting.

ETA: I have also consistently been baffled by the jump to illegal immigrant. They could flee and never be prosecuted. It makes far more sense for it to be a citizen who is uncomfortable with LE - they far outnumber illegal immigrants.

wow lots and lots of pages to read. Can someone who has followed the thread please give me a cliff note version of what the heck is going on. I just won't be able to read that much but so want to be up to speed!

If Bella was removed and put up for adoption, there would be no shortage of willing adoptive parents. Mother lost parental rights on two older children, why was this one left with her? Did DCF drug test her when they had their case open?

. I don't. He doesn't even seem sad in his "interview" telling the world that RB would never do anthing to harm anyone.

I only mean i assumed he hadn't cared about her since she was born. I just went off that same feeling of him being a bleep from the interview. He's either really good at deceiving or he actually did care, shame he left it so damn late :/

Lawstudent, I never understood the jump to illegal immigrants either. But it's a far nicer story than the one that is unfolding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson