Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only theory that makes sense to me as well. Although, I missed where police said it was premeditated. When was this?

"Police say Sarentzky’s actions were premeditated."

http://www.greenvillegazette.com/th...at-really-happened-to-this-toddler-i-am-sick/

"Hailey's body has been found Tuesday evening in a rural area nearby her home. Derek Saretzky, 22 year old, has been charge with premeditated murder against Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and Terry Blanchette and with indignity to a dead human body."

http://imgur.com/gallery/4xqLd

This is the only theory that makes sense to me as well. Although, I missed where police said it was premeditated. When was this?

Global News reported the below.

"The RCMP believe Derek Saretzky planned the murders of Hailey and her father. Police said Saretzky was an acquaintance of Blanchette"

It seems to me that Hailey was the intended victim as well. I do question why the shoddy "planning" unfolded. If he planned it, he wasn't worried about getting caught or didn't think it through very thoroughly. Could be the amber alert freaked him out and he originally intended to keep Hailey longer.

Global News reported the below.

"The RCMP believe Derek Saretzky planned the murders of Hailey and her father. Police said Saretzky was an acquaintance of Blanchette"

It seems to me that Hailey was the intended victim as well. I do question why the shoddy "planning" unfolded. If he planned it, he wasn't worried about getting caught or didn't think it through very thoroughly. Could be the amber alert freaked him out and he originally intended to keep Hailey longer.

BBM ~ Good point blacksheep! Also, if he was under the influence of something and filled with white rage and just killed someone, perhaps killing baby H. was a thoughtless act and a forethought.

TB was stabbed 16 times? That suggests to me it was personal towards DS than baby H.

We have no idea what was done to the 2 year old child, so we can't compare how the two were murdered, and conclude which murder was more "personal".
How do we know how many times the father was stabbed?

Let's look at what we know. Police have said that criminal act was premeditated. That suggests that the suspect had a plan. There was an antagonistic relationship between the suspect and father. There are two victims: one victim - father (child's protector) - is killed on the spot and left at the scene; the other - 2 year old child - is taken alive from the scene. The child is taken in a van to a location where the suspect can spend time with the 2 year old victim.

On the surface, this looks to be a premeditated abduction of a 2 year old child where the suspect wanted to spend time with the child. The father was most likely murdered because he tried to protect his daughter. I suspect that the child was sexually assaulted, and that sexual assault was the premeditated motive.

Are there any other facts that suggest something different?

This seems like the most likely scenario to me, based on what we know so far.

Completely agree. I think it's a classic case of a criminal acting in the heat of the moment and taking another step too far. Kills dad, oh *@$! daughter is here too, kills daughter.

Saretzky is also charged with committing an indignity to the child's body.
???????????????????????? What did he do?

We have no idea what was done to the 2 year old child, so we can't compare how the two were murdered, and conclude which murder was more "personal".
How do we know how many times the father was stabbed?

BBM ~ You're right. We don't know. I swear I read it somewhere, but cannot find it now. :blushing:

BBM ~ We don't know yet as the investigation is still ongoing and DS has not been charged yet. He is supposed to be back in court this Wednesday but who knows since he just came out of a coma.

In the photograph from the news coverage of the crime scene I recall seeing 2 gas jerry cans and hearing mention of a burned area beside the tent; which is located right beside the 5th wheel trailer.

One can only assume. If you look at the images of the crime scene in the media, there were two red gas cans beside a fire pit.

Let's look at what we know. Police have said that criminal act was premeditated. That suggests that the suspect had a plan. There was an antagonistic relationship between the suspect and father. There are two victims: one victim - father (child's protector) - is killed on the spot and left at the scene; the other - 2 year old child - is taken alive from the scene. The child is taken in a van to a location where the suspect can spend time with the 2 year old victim.

On the surface, this looks to be a premeditated abduction of a 2 year old child where the suspect wanted to spend time with the child. The father was most likely murdered because he tried to protect his daughter. I suspect that the child was sexually assaulted, and that sexual assault was the premeditated motive.

I don't believe there have been any statements saying that HDB was taken alive from the home and killed elsewhere. While I tend to think that she probably was, it is just speculation at this point. I don't think the RCMP have said one way or another yet.

otto

Haileys mom said something like, If you love her you will let her go..or you don't love her like we love her please let her go.
This makes me believe that they new early on who it was. And he may have had an obsession to Hailey..
I personally think that that's why the family had cut of the contact Saretzky.

BBM ~ We don't know yet as the investigation is still ongoing and DS has not been charged yet. He is supposed to be back in court this Wednesday but who knows since he just came out of a coma.

He has been charged.

"Derek Saretzky, 22, is charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Terry Blanchette and his daughter, Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette. He is also charged with indignity to a body in connection with Hailey’s death."

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...-shocked-devastated-by-news-of-murder-charges

I don't believe there have been any statements saying that HDB was taken alive from the home and killed elsewhere. While I tend to think that she probably was, it is just speculation at this point. I don't think the RCMP have said one way or another yet.

"Neighbours reported hearing a child scream around 3:30 in the morning and described seeing a newer model white van with a large rear antenna with a flag attached fleeing the scene."

Apparently that link is not okay ... see the last thread for the link. The same question was answered there.

ETA: found the video link ... see below

One can only assume. If you look at the images of the crime scene in the media, there were two red gas cans beside a fire pit.

Would you happen to have a link to crime scene photos where there are two gas cans in a photo?

Haileys mom said something like, If you love her you will let her go..or you don't love her like we love her please let her go.
This makes me believe that they new early on who it was. And he may have had an obsession to Hailey..
I personally think that that's why the family had cut of the contact Saretzky.

Hailey's mom didn't make a statement until after the remains were discovered. A friend of the family made a statement requesting that whomever had the child should let her go.

What does a request for the release of an abducted child tell us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa