If You Are From Australia (and surrounding countries) Please Post HERE!

Brookfield, Queensland here. Joined for the Allison Baden-Clay case, and have been back in real life since it finished. Now just popping back in occasionally to check on proceedings re Gerard's appeal.

Also got involved in the Jill Meagher and the Morgan Huxley cases.

I was a long time lurker.... a daily reader , mostly about cases in the USA, I so longed to hear of any UK cases but they never seemed to show up. ... . One day ,I was doing the ironing and I glanced at the TV and I saw Gerard Baden-Clay blithering along with Olivia as shotgun rider next to him, her eyes swivelling like a fruit machine.. well. I registered that moment. A guilty man, flanked by a guilty woman. It was unarguable..

I stayed because of the depth of astuteness that was so very apparent among all the contributors.. stuff I never thought about, never knew about, never considered. .

I come from Sydney, have a family farm down on the Shoalhaven, but live my professional life in Sydney. Having immigrated to Canada for some years of my life , I had to return, one cannot help oneself. This is where I belong.

Thankyou to Dr Watson for all the information he gathered and distributed during the Baden-Clay case, a labour of affection and skill that was astonishing in it's detail and regularity. I didn't have to chance to thank him during or even after the case as I was banned for 3 months , and I think he was, too, .. I was rather angry and gave websleuths the flip for a while.

Nice to see you again DrWatson.

I should have mentioned I had followed missing persons cases and murders etc before I came to WS. But I came on here during Sky Metawala's disappearance.

Like DrWatson I lived in Brookfield at the time of Allison Baden-Clays disappearance and started the original thread for her. Still makes me sad to this day.

Hi I am from Sydney and travel a lot as I am a retired health professional. I began my interest in real crime sleuthing after I saw a poster of Madeleine McCann at Grenada airport in Spain in 2007.

I felt so sorry for the parents losing such a beautiful little girl in Portugal. That night I turned on the Sky News and saw the first TV interview of the parents I had been feeling sorry for. My immediate gut feeling was that the parents were guilty of murdering her due to the fact that I used to teach body language and I read "guilty".

I then joined UK forums wondering whether others felt the same. I became a prolific poster with many original theories which others later accepted as possibly true. In my opinion, another poster has solved the case but for some reason, the British Government is protecting the McCanns So I don't post on that case any more as my ideas are too controversial. But I hope Madeleine gets justice before I die.

This case led to my following other well-known cases after I have seen the suspected perpetrators on TV interviews and my hinky meter is alerted because of their body language or other inconsistencies I read about in the media. Cases I have followed are Jodi Arias, Casey Anthony, Kiesha Abrahams, Oscar Pistorius, Shrien Dewan, Alison Baden-Clay, Robert Xie, William Tyrrell, Jill Meagher, Stephanie Scott, and Sharon Edwards amongst many others.

Hello fellow WSers,

My life is in Leeton, NSW. I lurked the site when little William Tyrell went missing. Only joined recently. I didn't know there was a thread about Stephanie Scott. I have added a bit of info on that thread.

I'm always late to things...I live on the QLD/NSW Border...It was a local kid. Tyron Cetinich that brought me here and then i stayed because of Lizzie Collins and her cousin Lyric Cook & of course, Alison Baden Clay & gorgeous William. Such sadness.

Hello everyone - Good to hear from you all again, though in a very bad situation.

I sort of get the reason for the appeal decision, but have many questions about the decision:

During the trial the defence requested changing the charge to unlawful killing. Does this mean that they had GBC's support for this? - ie Were they in fact saying that GBC was prepared to confess to accidentally killing Allison?

I don't remember at what stage of the trial they made this request. Was it before GBC took the stand and swore on oath that he had nothing to do with Allison's death?

The trial and its evidence were about murder, not manslaughter. Consequently, I think that the question of manslaughter versus murder wasn't covered. The appeal decision was based on the murder trial information. I can't recall any trial discussion about a hit on the head that was so bad that Allison would have died immediately. However, one fatal blow is now seen as a distinct possibility. Was there any sign of the head trauma needed to support this?

For a number of reasons (including the fingernail scratches) I think that Allison was killed at close range to her murderer - probably strangled. Would strangulation during a heated argument (rather than falling on a hard surface) be regarded as manslaughter rather than murder?

Hope my learned fellow websleuths will be able to clarify these for me. Thank you in advance.

Hello,
Born and still living in Adelaide.
Found websleuths while trying to find information on the missing girl from Hackham, Louise Bell.
Ended up following the whole BadenClay case.

I think I began lurking, on a non-regular basis, a few years ago, arriving here via Google, and probably looking for discussion around Gerard (B) Clay. And although I signed up some months ago, this is actually my very first post on the site. From Sydney, NSW.

I live in the Blue Mountains near Sydney.

I retired in 2014 and joined to follow the Oscar Pistorius trial. I never imagined that 2 1/2 years later I'd still be here following the never-ending court processes, and as of today's date we still have a few weeks to go to find out if there's going to be another appeal.

I also followed the Shrien Dewani trial.

Hello all

I'm from South East Queensland.

I joined to follow the Oscar Pistorius case and also the Gerard Baden Clay case, Daniel Morcombe & William Tyrell.

I have so appreciated being a member of this interested tribe & hearing people's viewpoints along the way.

I'm currently very disappointed that the Oscar Pistorius forum has closed down yet again..... Particularly while we await news regarding whether the NPA will continue with their appeal against the appallingly light sentence imposed by Judge Masipa. Got my fingers crossed!

For anybody following the William Tyrrell case....

I just posted an update in the feed from 'The Australian' & 'The Daily Mail', saying that there are hundreds of persons of interest in his case.

HUNDREDS!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back