Identified! UT - Juab Co, WhtFem UP8382, 18-22, at Yuba Lake, Sep'78 - Marilee Bruszer

She looks like Charlotte Loomis (NJ, 1972) or Simone Ridinger (MA, 1977) to me.

I did some more work on my image of this Jane Doe. She was missing three upper front teeth (7, 9, & 10) postmortem. So my representation of her smile requires a little guesswork.

My previous revision of the image depicted her with straight upper teeth. Looking closer, I can see that they probably were somewhat crooked.

I can see that she had a "fang" upper-right canine #6, and her upper-left canine was probably fanged to a lesser degree. Markings on the anterior aspect of the #6 canine suggest that the adjacent missing #7 tooth was probably displaced somewhat inward.

Keep in mind that this is a reconstruction based only on a skull, and the written description that she had straight long blonde hair. Details, such as the color of her eyes the shape of her eyes and lips and and lips should not be relied upon. Rather, you should focus more on the shape of her face, and her strong jawline.

cf035b7b-a63c-411b-8e3e-4c3c149ddffc.jpg

She actually DOEs look like Charlotte Loomis like that. Well, Charlotte was fourteen, add a couple of years and yeah,. it does look remarkably like her. I think she should be tested.

Here's a new NamUs listing for a 21 year old girl with blonde hair LKA in July 1976

Star Joy Dodson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/27610/0

The particulars are pretty close in comparison to Yuba Lake Jane

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate a photo of her. I looked in Classmates to see if I could find anyone named Dodson from Ebensburg Pennsylvania. There are four persons with the surname Dodson who went to school in Central Cambria HS in Ebensburg.

However, I called the Central Cambria HS, and found out that nobody named Star Joy Dodson ever attended Central Cambria HS. The woman I talked to even knew the Dodson Family, and says that she doesn't remember any member of that family named Star Joy.

I did some more work on my image of this Jane Doe. She was missing three upper front teeth (7, 9, & 10) postmortem. So my representation of her smile requires a little guesswork.

My previous revision of the image depicted her with straight upper teeth. Looking closer, I can see that they probably were somewhat crooked.

I can see that she had a "fang" upper-right canine #6, and her upper-left canine was probably fanged to a lesser degree. Markings on the anterior aspect of the #6 canine suggest that the adjacent missing #7 tooth was probably displaced somewhat inward.

Keep in mind that this is a reconstruction based only on a skull, and the written description that she had straight long blonde hair. Details, such as the color of her eyes the shape of her eyes and lips and and lips should not be relied upon. Rather, you should focus more on the shape of her face, and her strong jawline.

cf035b7b-a63c-411b-8e3e-4c3c149ddffc.jpg

Can you post the photo of the skull?

The link for this Unidentified Person now shows "You do not have permission to view the selected page". Also the Utah BCI no longer shows this. Has anyone heard of her being identified?

I couldn't find anything about her being identified, but the page is definitely not accessible right now.

Could be they pulled it to add new info or something.

Wow, look at all the discrepancies:

UID: 18 - 22 years old, Marilee: 33 years old
UID: Light blonde hair, Marilee: Brown hair
UID: est. 110 pounds, Marilee: 145 - 155 pounds
UID was estimated to have died 2 - 3 years prior to being found. But, Marilee disappeared only two weeks prior to the body being found.

Marilee also disappeared from Long Beach, CA, over 600 miles from where her body was found in Juab County.

No wonder she wasn't identified sooner.

UID was estimated to have died 2 - 3 years prior to being found. But, Marilee disappeared only two weeks prior to the body being found.

Marilee also disappeared from Long Beach, CA, over 600 miles from where her body was found in Juab County.

It almost sounds like this doe case got mixed up with another case somewhere when the information was put in.

Yeah, there are SO many discrepancies that I don't think I would have ever suggested her as a match. She doesn't even much resemble the recons (and Carl's are usually spot on or very close). Odd. But I'm glad she has her name back.

ETA: in the original newspaper articles about the UID (which predate Namus), she is described as being about 18, 5'3", 115 lbs, with brown hair.

I wonder how she ended up all the way in Utah. This almost seems like she was matched to the wrong Doe.

RIP Marilee.

I'll cut them a break on the hair color because it was noted that her head hair was not the same color as her pubic hair, indicating she might have been a bottle blonde. Also, the information quoted at the beginning of the thread said her weight was unknown. But otherwise, yeah.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back